Home

Milticket's All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Milticket's All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2018, 09:20 AM   #769
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Milticket's All Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I feel this way too. You saw the LAR game. Goff just had a garbage game. In my 4-game test, I saw Ben have an insane game vs. CLE, Cam have a really good game vs. SF, Wilson have a good game vs. SF, and Goff crap the bed vs. SF. So there's been lots of variety in there. I think the key is to track things over 8-16 games and see the range of outcomes before considering fundamental changes to sliders.

An option I'm pondering is keeping Tight Spiral off to preserve the amazing stuff that's brought out re: over/under throws, but also removing Clutch, which acts as an artificial boost in key situations, and perhaps raising the accuracy just a tad (say, to 7, just to see).

The thought process is to remove the mechanisms that provide a false boost to ratings and just tune the accuracy slider so it generates the right percentages when only the ratings basic player type traits are in play.

I know sports folks disagree about what clutch ability is or whether it exists, so this approach wouldn't make sense to/for everyone, but I've been pondering it.
I feel the same way about the high motor trait. I feel like it boosts the ratings, when it should be playing to the ratings exclusively. I actaully have clutch off for everyone still on my roster.

I think QB accuracy slider could be bumped. I used to have it at 6 when i did my rating edits to the cpu qbs, the minus 30, but i think 7 could be a place to start.

Your right though a good sample size is needed atleast 5 games imo. I mean i really think its up to the user to determine what they want to see with qb accuracy. Its hard to find that middle balance.

Playing:
Old 01-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #770
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

I think I will be adding a bottom section to the OP as far as what im using as far as traits and what sliders may be being tested. I think for me the sliders are pretty much set, QB accuracy im still digging into, but the rest I think could be pretty much set for my money.

Other players are probably more skilled then me (I guarantee it lol) but I like seeing the user be able to beat the QB by a good amount at times, thats promising. That atleast means the game really isnt cheating us when its well tuned or balanced.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 01-18-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:50 PM   #771
Rookie

OVR: 0

As a mostly silent user of this forum, I just wanted to thank everyone for the valuable discussion and findings that have drastically improved the gameplay and challenge of Madden. In my opinion, hairs are being split with regards to the sliders at this point. Based on play style and skill level, everyone will have a different experience. Personally, I would like to see tighter coverage by the CPU. One thing that has helped create variety in the game for me is to moderate rather than eliminate or globally set particular traits. Sprinkling in some big hitter for safeties and linebackers and high motor for pass rushers adds some juice to the game. Same goes for tight spiral or clutch. These traits can be used to generate variety. For me, modifying the traits based on the skills of the players is a must. That said, I'm sure others don't want to spend the time and I completely understand that. One final note of appreciation - Raider Ren does a great job of listing the various options one can take outside of just the sliders. For me, using a pot pouri of the options has vastly improved the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2018, 01:19 PM   #772
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBrewPack
As a mostly silent user of this forum, I just wanted to thank everyone for the valuable discussion and findings that have drastically improved the gameplay and challenge of Madden. In my opinion, hairs are being split with regards to the sliders at this point. Based on play style and skill level, everyone will have a different experience. Personally, I would like to see tighter coverage by the CPU. One thing that has helped create variety in the game for me is to moderate rather than eliminate or globally set particular traits. Sprinkling in some big hitter for safeties and linebackers and high motor for pass rushers adds some juice to the game. Same goes for tight spiral or clutch. These traits can be used to generate variety. For me, modifying the traits based on the skills of the players is a must. That said, I'm sure others don't want to spend the time and I completely understand that. One final note of appreciation - Raider Ren does a great job of listing the various options one can take outside of just the sliders. For me, using a pot pouri of the options has vastly improved the game.
It's been a nice group effort here, that's for sure. I would not have gotten to this point of content in Madden without the collaborative effort of this group.

EDIT (adding content): I'm with you. Not to speak on Mil's behalf, or anyone else for that matter: this set is basically finalized at this point. Any further modifications are purely for the eye of the beholder. At some point, everyone should try to get into CFM and accept that while it won't necessarily be perfect, it's pretty dang close. There are some things that you simply cannot fix.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 01-18-2018 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #773
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I think I will be adding a bottom section to the OP as far as what im using as far as traits and what sliders may be being tested. I think for me the sliders are pretty much set, QB accuracy im still digging into, but the rest I think could be pretty much set for my money.

Other players are probably more skilled then me (I guarantee it lol) but I like seeing the user be able to beat the QB by a good amount at times, thats promising. That atleast means the game really isnt cheating us when its well tuned or balanced.
This would be extremely helpful! I'm going to set up a CFM with your sliders this weekend. Finally starting a serious one! Do you leave all options and sliders default in main menu and just adjust sliders/settings within CFM?

Old 01-18-2018, 01:46 PM   #774
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
It's been a nice group effort here, that's for sure. I would not have gotten to this point of content in Madden without the collaborative effort of this group.

EDIT (adding content): I'm with you. Not to speak on Mil's behalf, or anyone else for that matter: this set is basically finalized at this point. Any further modifications are purely for the eye of the beholder. At some point, everyone should try to get into CFM and accept that while it won't necessarily be perfect, it's pretty dang close. There are some things that you simply cannot fix.
Well said Raider on all fronts. You basically have to fall into your own CFM world and take out what is really happening in the real NFL. While we can get close to replicating it, were at the mercy of the programmers vision & abilities.

Playing:
Old 01-18-2018, 01:48 PM   #775
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
This would be extremely helpful! I'm going to set up a CFM with your sliders this weekend. Finally starting a serious one! Do you leave all options and sliders default in main menu and just adjust sliders/settings within CFM?
I load them into the cfm, but adjust penalties in cfm. I see Trojan does it inside cfm. So not sure if it really matters to be honest.

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2018, 01:52 PM   #776
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBrewPack
Very well said man. Feel free to let us know the adjustments you make. It may help others in that area that want to give it a try. Its all about the community helping each other in this thread.

Playing:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »