Offensive Line - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Offensive Line

This is a discussion on Offensive Line within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-17-2017, 11:08 AM   #9
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Offensive Line

There's no adaptive AI.

The game still involves a lot of 1on1 dice rolls. Therefore just having the "hats" doesn't guarantee success if one of the key defenders wins his dice roll.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 10-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
There's no adaptive AI.

The game still involves a lot of 1on1 dice rolls. Therefore just having the "hats" doesn't guarantee success if one of the key defenders wins his dice roll.

Point is, the game passes up on obvious double teams to create a dice roll. That's when it's bs.
I'm not saying my 5 should always beat their 5. I'm saying my 5 should be able to handle their three. Tired of being tackled by tackles and noses who should be doubled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2017, 11:31 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
There's no adaptive AI.

But it's stupid comments like that that make this game suck from year to year. I have Geno Atkins at DT and he should make tackles because he's 95 overall. But he should be double teamed and 2 80 overall OL should be able to handle him 80%+ of the time.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 06:12 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
There's no adaptive AI.

You mean adaptive ai is broken or has just been phased out over the years?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-18-2017, 02:36 PM   #13
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
You mean adaptive ai is broken or has just been phased out over the years?

I can't speak to pre-M15, only bought Madden every 3-4 years back then. So if you're telling me it used to exist, then ok. But since I've been playing in online leagues across M15/M16/M17/M18, you could run the same play every time and do just fine.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 10-18-2017, 02:40 PM   #14
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockdownkickout
But it's stupid comments like that that make this game suck from year to year. I have Geno Atkins at DT and he should make tackles because he's 95 overall. But he should be double teamed and 2 80 overall OL should be able to handle him 80%+ of the time.

Really. A guy on a message board points out that the blocking game still comes down to win/loss dice rolls most of the time, and his post is why Madden isn't enjoyable for you? What are you, 12?

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 10-18-2017, 02:49 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
I can't speak to pre-M15, only bought Madden every 3-4 years back then. So if you're telling me it used to exist, then ok. But since I've been playing in online leagues across M15/M16/M17/M18, you could run the same play every time and do just fine.

I know at some point in the last 10 years adaptive ai was a big feature but I never hear anything about updates to it so maybe it was from the last dev team and these guys have either taken it out or just stopped focusing on it... But I'm not sure if it even applied to user teams and players it may have just been cpu opponents...

Old 10-18-2017, 02:58 PM   #16
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
I know at some point in the last 10 years adaptive ai was a big feature but I never hear anything about updates to it so maybe it was from the last dev team and these guys have either taken it out or just stopped focusing on it... But I'm not sure if it even applied to user teams and players it may have just been cpu opponents...

Color me very skeptical that it's ever existed in any meaningful way. I always only ever played CPU before M15. I played a lot vs CPU in 15/16 but very rarely in 17 or so far in 18. So, perhaps. But I seriously doubt it. When I've played CPU, I've felt like I could call the same thing every play and have continued success.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »