Offensive Line - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Offensive Line

This is a discussion on Offensive Line within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-13-2017, 02:23 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Offensive Line

Being an OC, and majoring in offensive line play. There is so much about these games that bother me. Where I coach we run a veer scheme where we use a Blocking back to kick out the defensive end that you would traditionally read. This play is very similar to "Inside zone split". The issue is all too many times the defensive linemen are making plays on these types of runs because the offensive line isn't consistently double teaming when it's obvious. Offensive line play, and running the ball stem off of double teams, and it seems madden can not grasp that concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2017, 02:30 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Offensive Line

The blocking schemes should look like this, but too often there's linemen who are running up field off the snap to block a backer. This makes no sense

Old 10-13-2017, 03:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Clint himself is a former o lineman, I'm sure these things are not oversights but technological limitations.. I think he's always looking to make improvements especially on the line because that's where his heart is..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-15-2017, 08:36 AM   #4
Rookie

Dude itís a video game. Youíre really drawing up plays as to how you think the game should play? The problem with people on these threads is simple the level of expectations is outrageous.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:40 AM   #5
Just started!

xthe1's Arena

Dude just playing high school oline, Madden's blocking schemes have forever frustrated me. It's sad because wasn't Rex a lineman in the NFL? I really don't understand how they constantly make blocking this broken. Rex doesn't know how to implement zone blocking in this game? If I see gameplay next year of a lineman taking a step right when it's a zone left I will not buy that trash. That's the only thing I'm going to be paying attention to come next year's early release videos.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:44 AM   #6
Just started!

xthe1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthe1
Dude just playing high school oline, Madden's blocking schemes have forever frustrated me. It's sad because wasn't Rex a lineman in the NFL? I really don't understand how they constantly make blocking this broken. Rex doesn't know how to implement zone blocking in this game? If I see gameplay next year of a lineman taking a step right when it's a zone left I will not buy that trash. That's the only thing I'm going to be paying attention to come next year's early release videos.
Saw someone else's post. His name is Clint, my mistake. And yea he did play oline in the NFL. Madden just chooses not to fix its blocking scheme became it makes more "organic outcomes" like Hall of Fame linemen letting backup linebackers fly past their face because they don't know their assignments
Old 10-15-2017, 10:49 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthe1
Saw someone else's post. His name is Clint, my mistake. And yea he did play oline in the NFL. Madden just chooses not to fix its blocking scheme became it makes more "organic outcomes" like Hall of Fame linemen letting backup linebackers fly past their face because they don't know their assignments

It's ridiculous.
This whole bs that's going on this year. If I have a hat for a hat up front and can get two double teams I should be able to run the ball. But that's what screws this game up. You can line up with 1 linemen and 2 backers in 5 techs. And I can't run the ball because I ran the ball last play and they know it's coming. If they knew it was coming they'd change their defense. If someone doesn't adjust. The same play/blocking scheme will continue to work.
Tried it the other day with a friend. He picked a 2 high defense. I had numbers to run it. First two times running inside zone was 10 yards a pop after that it suddenly was 2. He didn't change anything. Why suddenly did the play stop working?

Old 10-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockdownkickout
It's ridiculous.
This whole bs that's going on this year. If I have a hat for a hat up front and can get two double teams I should be able to run the ball. But that's what screws this game up. You can line up with 1 linemen and 2 backers in 5 techs. And I can't run the ball because I ran the ball last play and they know it's coming. If they knew it was coming they'd change their defense. If someone doesn't adjust. The same play/blocking scheme will continue to work.
Tried it the other day with a friend. He picked a 2 high defense. I had numbers to run it. First two times running inside zone was 10 yards a pop after that it suddenly was 2. He didn't change anything. Why suddenly did the play stop working?

Is it the adaptive ai? I'm not even sure if its still in the game or if it even works like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »