Slider Makers: The "Master Toolkit" Slider Knowledge Resource - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Slider Makers: The "Master Toolkit" Slider Knowledge Resource

This is a discussion on Slider Makers: The "Master Toolkit" Slider Knowledge Resource within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-30-2017, 05:21 PM   #1
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Slider Makers: The "Master Toolkit" Slider Knowledge Resource

Slider gurus & interested slider community,

Intro/purpose:
Spoiler

All NFL benchmarks are from the 2016 season, per NFL.com.

GAME SPEED & SPEED PARITY
Spoiler

RUN GAME
Spoiler

PASSING
Spoiler

PASS RUSH
Spoiler

COVERAGE
Spoiler

PENALTIES
Spoiler

MADDEN MISCELLANY
Spoiler

STATISTICS GLOSSARY & CONCEPTS
Spoiler

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel

Last edited by Aestis; 12-05-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2017, 09:35 AM   #2
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Re: Slider Makers: The "Master Toolkit" Slider Knowledge Resource

Two challenges for folks who claim either of the below:

1. Does anyone have real evidence that any slider is actually reversed?

"I felt like I got sacked more when I dropped PBK" is not evidence.

2. Does anyone have real evidence that penalty sliders affect gameplay whatsoever?

I've read a number of claims from a few slider folks saying that penalty sliders not only affect gameplay, but that they are the best way to change gameplay. When I moved a couple of penalty sliders in our 32-man league (offsides, roughing the passer) by huge amounts (50+) after reading a popular slider maker claim it made a huge difference on gameplay, it changed absolutely nothing in our weekly performance metrics. Sacks, passing, etc. remained unchanged.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 12-05-2017, 09:56 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Two challenges for folks who claim either of the below:

1. Does anyone have real evidence that any slider is actually reversed?

"I felt like I got sacked more when I dropped PBK" is not evidence.

2. Does anyone have real evidence that penalty sliders affect gameplay whatsoever?

I've read a number of claims from a few slider folks saying that penalty sliders not only affect gameplay, but that they are the best way to change gameplay. When I moved a couple of penalty sliders in our 32-man league (offsides, roughing the passer) by huge amounts (50+) after reading a popular slider maker claim it made a huge difference on gameplay, it changed absolutely nothing in our weekly performance metrics. Sacks, passing, etc. remained unchanged.
Penalty’s don’t seem (keyword) to have that great of an effect on gameplay compared to the past. This rendition, it seems like only defensive holding has an effect on the ebb and flow of the pass game. JoshC may have evidence of this. He applied it to his default sliders and one of the few things he altered, along with defensive PI at 45. He’s got d holding at 40 and these lower numbers “feel” better than the higher ones.

It’s hard to give evidence to something that effects something like ebb and flow of the game. The game just feels looser with d holding at 40.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:22 AM   #4
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Penalty’s don’t seem (keyword) to have that great of an effect on gameplay compared to the past. This rendition, it seems like only defensive holding has an effect on the ebb and flow of the pass game. JoshC may have evidence of this. He applied it to his default sliders and one of the few things he altered, along with defensive PI at 45. He’s got d holding at 40 and these lower numbers “feel” better than the higher ones.

It’s hard to give evidence to something that effects something like ebb and flow of the game. The game just feels looser with d holding at 40.

You're right, if something were to affect, say, the smoothness of gameplay including more intuitive animations, for example--but in a way that doesn't really materially change outcomes--it would be very tough to see that in game data.

But perhaps video evidence could illustrate the difference, if anyone has ever done or seen anything there. I purposely use the term "evidence" over "proof" for stuff like this. Just curious to know what's out there, and I feel like a lot of other folks are, too.

And if the answer to this question is "No evidence exists, but some folks feel strongly it makes a difference." Then fair enough. I'm not even saying that makes anyone wrong. Just would like to start digging into the claims to see what's based on feeling and what isn't.

Because a lot of people have feelings about gameplay that is polar opposite with a given slider. "Game just feels so much better with lower threshold" vs "Game just feels so much better with higher threshold."

I would never deign to tell someone how they should feel about a slider or gameplay style. If that's all penalties boils down to, that's cool. But I'm curious if anyone has anything more.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »