Home

Tommycoa’s CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2018, 08:31 PM   #281
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Tommycoa’s CPU vs CPU Sliders

Expert and Arcade during intro. Pro and Sim Main menu. Pro and Sim CFM
Very slow speed in cfm and mm. It makes a difference. Smooths out animations.

Leave everything else in main menu default.

QBA 48
Pass block-0
Wr catch-53
Run block 58
Fumble 51
Pass reaction-51
Int-49
Pass cover 50
Tackle 37

Offsides 50
FS 45
O Holding 81
D Holding 66
DPI 99
Block in Back-66
Roughing passer 51

Threshold 45
Injuries 27
Fatigue 66

13 min quarters 20 sec runoff

Autosubs
All default except
RB 99/98
Oline 99/33
De and DT 97/95

Used these with my classic set and chubbs Real2018 set with update rosters from recent draft. Chubbs set is outstanding. Cant remember his user tag but real2018 is the title, i believe. Millticket turned me onto to these a while back. Since the draft, i wanted to see what next season looked like. These rosters, Hardly any 90+players in file. Maybe 40 total. Really helps the game. Ratings are spread nice.

Set qbs to balanced across the board. Nuke accel into the 60s and BCV at 59.

Last edited by tommycoa; 05-14-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2018, 10:38 AM   #282
MVP

Doing some serious testing with BCV for qbs. The lower the better. Dan Marino is a 15. He scrambled twice for 3 yards. Mike Vick is a 59, he took off 8 times for 79 yards. 60 may be too high.

Just think of BCV as percentage to scramble 10 maybe 1 a game, 20 maybe 2, etc.

Works best if they’re west coast across the board.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #283
MVP

All west coast and zone run schemes im changing lineman to zone blocking and the backs to one cut. Really helps teams play more to style. Most are balanced, but the pats and saints get pass blocking. Jacksonville would probably have linemen set to run blocking. As far as other schemes, game plays better when coach scheme matches player type. At all coach schemes balanced, the players tend to react the same way, with it varied, you see more special moves and animations. Balanced across the board worked early on during this cycle, but patches have made these schemes and such work better. Probably preliminary testing by EA for the enhancement of these features for 19. When you keep schemes matching, you don’t have to stray very from default with sliders. Even with ea’s jacked up roster.

Also qbs, for whatever reason, qbs seem to be the fastest, most explosive players on the field. I’m trying to find some kind of default speed, accel rating chart for qbs. On classic set, money numbers for pocket passers were 15 speed, 10 accel, 20 BCV. Agility and elusice in the 70s for pocket awareness. Marino was scrambling 2 times a game for 3 yards. Perfect. Can’t find a medium on scramblers yet. West coast is the best player type. Always play to their strength and make the better decisions, but they take off, too. But this take off also helps them in the pocket.

West coast scheme/player type=real type qb AI that usually matches the players ratings. These are the types of things that carry over release to release.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:26 AM   #284
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0

Hello. It's been a while. Hope you are well. I wanted to thank you and Trojan,raider,schnaidt,king,wiz and others as we put a cap on Madden 18. I am using the latest settings of qb acc-43,pass Bloc 0,run Bloc 66 with awesum results. I used arcade expert at intro then sim in main menu and competitive in cfm. Thresh is 44, fatigue 66, injury 39,holding 81, dpi and def hold 99,facemask 0 and rough pass at 35. Also sum traits edited balance qb,clutch and high motor off,etc.. auto Subs are a combo of 2 or 3 and my own input.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:27 PM   #285
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
Hello. It's been a while. Hope you are well. I wanted to thank you and Trojan,raider,schnaidt,king,wiz and others as we put a cap on Madden 18. I am using the latest settings of qb acc-43,pass Bloc 0,run Bloc 66 with awesum results. I used arcade expert at intro then sim in main menu and competitive in cfm. Thresh is 44, fatigue 66, injury 39,holding 81, dpi and def hold 99,facemask 0 and rough pass at 35. Also sum traits edited balance qb,clutch and high motor off,etc.. auto Subs are a combo of 2 or 3 and my own input.
Hey man, doing well. Sorry for the disconnection with all of you cpu vs cpu guys. I have bipolar, went through a bad spell. Never wanted you guys to see that side of me, but you did. Feel like i let you guys down because if I wouldn’t have acted a fool, i may have gotten a beta code for early cpu/cpu reactions.

Still been fiddling with madden and trying to figure out qb play still. The scrambling. Just about through with testing, or so I hope.

Again, sorry for letting personal life junk interfere with video game talk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2018, 03:13 PM   #286
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0

Nothing to apologise for. It's all good. I spoke to soon. When you think you take a step forward, it's 2 steps back. Hawks and niners tied.at 24 in overtime. 3rd and 30 something Wilson throws a pass into field goal range. But wait, ref throws flag for him going past line of scrimmage. But wait even more. 49rs decline penalty ! No challenge from Hawks. Inexplicable and deflating. When you have something,let us know. Thanks again and take it easy !
Old 07-05-2018, 03:25 PM   #287
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
Nothing to apologise for. It's all good. I spoke to soon. When you think you take a step forward, it's 2 steps back. Hawks and niners tied.at 24 in overtime. 3rd and 30 something Wilson throws a pass into field goal range. But wait, ref throws flag for him going past line of scrimmage. But wait even more. 49rs decline penalty ! No challenge from Hawks. Inexplicable and deflating. When you have something,let us know. Thanks again and take it easy !
There’s nothing that can really done about coaches making bad strategies. If you create a coach, the team builder profile seems to be the most human like. These three profiles offers different coach styles in game but it’s still very limited since they took out run/pass ratio, aggressive conservative. God knows what this stuff is set at and locked in at. We cant change it. Pisses me off too.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:30 PM   #288
MVP

One thing ive noticed in recent testing. Pass blocking also plays as some type of aggression slider for qbs. When i have it at 100, i see lots and lots of shots down field. Not always picks or tds or long gains either. Lots of jockeying by wr and dB. But ive done some qb edits too.

Also, auto on running back assist seems to battle TFLs. With it at other settings, the rb seems to have a governor switch. On auto they tend to play at their own ratings. Wasn’t like this before the last patch.

Last edited by tommycoa; 07-05-2018 at 03:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »