Home

ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

This is a discussion on ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 01-03-2018, 06:22 AM   #89
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Is it the day one roster or EA most updated? Im working on mine with the stock rosters.
mpd is correct. I used the Wk16 rosters as the base.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:28 AM   #90
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I was rolling 10 minute quarters, no accelerated clock, and lightly modified AP. If Eli was in the right range for completion percentage, I might give default a look.

How were total yards and points?

Did you see any rotations with default fatigue?
I've also seen some natural rotations, particularly at running back, but only a few instances. It seems to be a little more regular with High Motor being off.

Personally I think the only way to solve it without un-earthing issues we're not aware of, is just to edit the formation subs before a game. This also means, I believe, this will set them for the CPU for the rest of the season, meaning you see more balanced carrying numbers throughout the year.

I also think it's cool when you see certain backs coming out in specific passing formations and burning your linebackers, or seeing their big backup back coming out in short yardage etc. It just makes more sense than having to wait for their fatigue to drop and then seeing the wrong back come out in the wrong scenarios.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:32 AM   #91
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Poking around some more into rosters in the main menu I noted that all players have "TENDENCY". It cannot be directly edited, but is altered by increasing or decreasing specific attributes for a position.

I didn't get into it too much, but did mess around with QBs. Most have a TENDENCY os SCRAMBLING (even those that traditionally don't). The TENDENCY changes from BALANCED to SCRAMBLING when the QB attributes AGI goes from 63 to 64 AND SPD goes from 66 to 67. Both thresholds are needed to cause the change.

This might be helpful in getting certain positions to play a certain way. Only specific attribute thresholds affect a player's tendency setting. This could also be a reason why editing rosters outside a CFM has at times caused issues inside a CFM. Make the wrong edits and you cause a conflict or imbalance.

Something else to consider.
I also noticed this. Did you see much difference in their play style? This could massively contribute to why some QB's take off and others don't.

I played a game last night by setting Carson Wentz from SENSE PRESSURE, IDEAL, to AVERAGE and he seemed calmer in the pocket, but scrambled a tonne. I then noticed his tendency is set to scrambling. Might try lowering he AGI & SPD a touch to make it BALANCED or POCKET and see if that keeps him in the pocket more.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:27 AM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssolid20
hi
Do not you edit the sliders?
thanks for your work
No slider edits. Edit just one and you go from AP, AM to CUSTOM. Editing gameplay sliders may cause a cascade effect in that adjusting in one area cause something elsewhere to go out of sync.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:31 AM   #93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMac2307
I also noticed this. Did you see much difference in their play style? This could massively contribute to why some QB's take off and others don't.
I haven't had time to really look into whether lowering the QB AGI/SPD would affect their pocket movement. I suspect it might. For the most part I think you are on the right track with the QB traits. I've seen a marked difference between QBs set to paranoid and those set to AVG or IDEAL. I'm thinking this trait, more then anything else, controls how the QB acts in the pocket.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:15 AM   #94
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Good stuff here

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-03-2018, 12:44 PM   #95
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Just finished an interesting game.

Trojan told me about his gameplay against Wilson and the Seahawks, and how Wilson was very erratic in the pocket and played a sub par game. I thought this might happen due to his tendencies as a scrambling QB and having IDEAL SENSE PRESSURE trait, so I thought I would give it a whirl...

Well, it didn't quite go that way. Just finished up...

Wilson went 18/22, 204yds, 1TD, 81% completion
4 rushes, 55yds
Sacked twice

Me, as B.Hundley, I went 27/33, 290yds, 1TD, 2 INTS, 81% completion
Sacked 4 times

I lost 27-15, with Hundley throwing 2 picks in the 4th quarter which was when his inaccuracy really showed in not being able to close out clutch moments. The difference it seems between mine and Trojan's game was that I set the CPU playbook to Balanced, along with the rest of the scheme positions, and he didn't....

I'm at a bit of a crossroads here, as no trait seems to give a definitive outcome. Testing last night indicated that AVERAGE SENSE PRESSURE made for great pocket presence. Just played with Wilson, and he too was great in the pocket...

Going to fire up Patriots vs. Chiefs. Will be streaming shortly on twitch for anyone interested in chiming in...

Twitch: iMac2307
Old 01-03-2018, 12:44 PM   #96
Rookie

For the most part everything looks good. Setting the CPU Coach Scheme to BAL O looks like it has a positive affect. I've seen the CPU come out and try to establish the run and I've seen it come out and try to establish the pass.

The line play has been great (possibly the best I've seen). Running you really have to know where the holes will are supposed to be and try and run off a blockers correct hip. I might like to see a little more pressure in the pas game without the need to bring a blitz, still there can be some push up the middle which affects the QB.

The defensive play calling remains an issue. Still seeing too many blitzes that leave open receivers. Also, the under zone play has been good. There is an issue with deep zones as safeties tend to play too deep and don't move up to a receiver open underneath until they catch the ball. Also, DBs are still covering their zones too strictly. They will move into their zone even if no receiver is anywhere nearby. This tends to leave passes in the middle and intermediate depths too open.

On a positive note, man coverage is actually pretty good. At times I've seen the defense lockdown all receivers forcing the QB to either take a sack, try and run, or force the ball in. I've also seen mismatch man coverage (LB on HB or WR) make for an easy completion.

At this point I'm not sure what we can do to fix the defensive issues.

Summary:
- Good line play.
- Good MCV.
- Issue with ZCV & S play.
- Issue with defensive play calling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »