Home

ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

This is a discussion on ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 01-05-2018, 06:36 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

ZCV seems to be an issue and ultimately we may have to turn to either sliders () or additional game only attribute edits. I was able to get very good results by increasing DB & LB MCV and ZCV ratings.

For the most part I've seen better ZCV from LB and better MCV from all defenders. S & CB ZCV play seems to be an issue and I believe it is more tied into how they are programed to play zones (cover your zone, cover your zone...). The S play is also tied into how the defensive plays are designed.

Are you consistently seeing high scoring games and if so, how are the DEF/OFF team ratings? Are you playing games where each team is better rated offensively over the defense? For me, I've had very low scoring games where neither team could really get anything going (mainly due to teams having good DEF) and I've had shootouts where last possession likely wins.

It's hard to comment more specifically without knowing your precise setup (coach schemes, teams, etc).
Old 01-07-2018, 02:32 AM   #114
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

I know Big Hitter triggers the WWE type hits, however, what if Big Hitter can improve angles and tackle positioning for the CPU a.i.(Which is ANY player on D, NOT user controlled, that includes players on Human side not user controlled either).

I may be wrong, it may just trigger more fumbles with big hits, idk, may be worth exploring.

This would be a FUN test,
Threshold ratings for Hit Power, Tackle, and big hitter. How does Big Hitter and Hit Power play off eachother??
I'm thinking with better underneath coverage, you'd get better tackle animations. Yes, they'D be kind of arcadish/WWE type hits, but that's Maddens way of showing good tackling and smarter Defensive A.I.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 01-07-2018 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:55 AM   #115
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
For the most part everything looks good. Setting the CPU Coach Scheme to BAL O looks like it has a positive affect. I've seen the CPU come out and try to establish the run and I've seen it come out and try to establish the pass.

The line play has been great (possibly the best I've seen). Running you really have to know where the holes will are supposed to be and try and run off a blockers correct hip. I might like to see a little more pressure in the pas game without the need to bring a blitz, still there can be some push up the middle which affects the QB.

The defensive play calling remains an issue. Still seeing too many blitzes that leave open receivers. Also, the under zone play has been good. There is an issue with deep zones as safeties tend to play too deep and don't move up to a receiver open underneath until they catch the ball. Also, DBs are still covering their zones too strictly. They will move into their zone even if no receiver is anywhere nearby. This tends to leave passes in the middle and intermediate depths too open.

On a positive note, man coverage is actually pretty good. At times I've seen the defense lockdown all receivers forcing the QB to either take a sack, try and run, or force the ball in. I've also seen mismatch man coverage (LB on HB or WR) make for an easy completion.

At this point I'm not sure what we can do to fix the defensive issues.

Summary:
- Good line play.
- Good MCV.
- Issue with ZCV & S play.
- Issue with defensive play calling.
1. Push up the middle..
.Possible solution, give DTs with whatever criteria(ex. 80 str) the bull rush trait. ESPECIALLY NTs!! Find the threshold ratings for DT/D-lineman getting a Big pocket push.

2.Too many blitzes...Possible solution,
Generic 4-3, 3-4 or Custom (not sure how good custom D PBs work, others might).

3. Safeties not playing the underneath stuff,
You're right about the actual Play Call determining the type of coverage. You still want to see defenders getting to the ball and not getting stuck in a zone.
What about Pass reaction ratings or sliders to help this.

I think certain "Safety Types" traditional SS should have some underneath skills, that's why they are traditional SS in the box.
wouldn't be an issue if LBs, players underneath, could play underneath tighter.
Possible solution, scheme and trait changes for front 7.
Ratings boost to ZCV,
NOT sure what yet, it's 2AM. Just thinkin of ideas to fix issues
To be continued.....

Last edited by D81SKINS; 01-07-2018 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:05 AM   #116
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Dug up some Traits info,
This may help us stay on track. It may not all apply, but I would bet a majority does.

On to the player traits. These traits are specific tendencies that a player might have in a game. Some of them might be good and some bad.

Tuck and Run – How often the QB will run with the ball (when CPU is controlling them)
Throw ball away – Determines if the QB is smart enough to throw the ball away instead of taking a sack
Sense pressure – Determines how fast the QB will tuck and run or throw ball away.
Forces Passes – Determines if the QB will try to throw the ball into tight coverage
Throw tight spiral – Determines if the QB throws the ball in a good spiral form
Fights for extra yards – How well a ball carrier will push through defenders or “fall forward” on a play
Covers the ball – How well a player will brace for hits
Makes sideline catches – Determines if a player will be able to make spectacular catches on the sidelines
Drops open passes – Determines if a player will drop a pass in the open field
Plays ball in the air – Determines how well a player will react to make an interception
Big Hitter – Determines if a player will make a force fumble hit
Utilizes Swim Move – Determines if a player can use a swim move (high FMW players)
Utilizes Spin Move – Determines if a player can use a spin move (high FMW players)
Utilizes Bull Rush – Determines if a player can bull rush (high PMW players)
Clutch – This trait will give players a boost to key attributes during the final minutes of the half or game
Consistency – Determines if a offensive lineman will consistently hold blocks or will get beat from time to time
High Motor – The defensive lineman will push harder to create pressure more consistently.
There are a couple of things that they didn’t get right and I’ll detail that here:

Consistency – Determines if a offensive lineman will consistently hold blocks or will get beat from time to time

Consistency determines how bad someone can play before cold. Meaning each player has 3 goals and depending on your consistency will determine if you can miss those goals and not be considered cold.

Brady has a 3 or 4 consistency so if Brady has a bad game and doesn’t get 2 of his 3 goals he will not be cold. Whereas if Jake Locker who has a zero consistency has a bad game and miss 1 goal he will be cold the next game.

Throw Accuracy – Throw Accuracy (THA) is only used by QBs when games are simmed. If the user is playing the game, then you use the SAC, MAC, and DAC ratings for your QB accuracy not the THA.

High Motor – A player with a High Motor, just means that player will not quit on a play and if he gets knocked down will get right back up and pursue the ball if he’s on defense or get down the field to block if he’s an offensive player.

On Game Changers Radio tomorrow night; February 4th, we will go into player attributes as it relates to CFM as well as some other CFM aspects.

Share and Enjoy
FacebookTwitterDeliciousLinkedInStumbleUponAdd to favoritesEmailRSS
Link to this post!

What do those Madden Player Ratings, Traits, and Attributes mean anyways?
Tags: consistency, player attributes, throw accuracy

About the Author
Shopmaster Shopmaster is a die-hard hardcore Madden Player. He also serves an EA SPORTS Game Changer that provides the community with help and information regarding Madden.

Related Posts
ccm_attribute_WR
Madden NFL 13 CCM Blog: Player Progression Attributes →

Fans
Subscribers
Followers

Latest Articles
M16CommissionerTools
New Commissioner Control for Confidence in Madden 16 CFM
June 26th | by Shopmaster
M16E3_DraftChampGameplay1
Madden NFL 16 – Gameplay (Draft Champions)
June 22nd | by Shopmaster
M16E3_Layout (1)
Madden 16 – Draft Champions – ARod or Megatron?
June 21st | by Shopmaster
M16_5CFMQuestions
Madden 16 – 5 CFM Questions for Kolbe at E3
June 19th | by Shopmaster
M16_DraftBoard
Draft Board in Madden NFL 16 CFM – Confirmed
June 18th | by Shopmaster

Recent Comments
Bill Avery Bill Avery - 1/12/2017
Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise in Madden NFL 25
After my first season the jags moved to Brooklyn and became the beats they are cpu as i play as the bucs
Ryan Forester Ryan Forester - 3/4/2016
Connected Franchise: Owner Mode Puts You In Control
I've been playing 3 great seasons already and I never have been able to upgrade the team store. It has a score of 40 something and I have...
Billy Billy - 9/14/2015
Madden 16 CFM – Pre-E3 Part 2 | Scouting and Drafting
How do you increase your scouting points each week? I have heard that you can max out at around 349. I have bought the "Expert Scout...
Rya Rya - 8/25/2015
Madden 16 CFM – Pre-E3 Part 2 | Scouting and Drafting
Looks nothing like the madden 16 I just got for my PS3
Cameron Kohlruss Cameron Kohlruss - 8/20/2015
Madden NFL 16 Q&A From E3
I ordered the super deluxe edition when so i get my packs? Did ea lie about getting some of the sales tax from mut 15 back?
Like Us on Facebook
Old 01-07-2018, 11:01 AM   #117
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I know Big Hitter triggers the WWE type hits, however, what if Big Hitter can improve angles and tackle positioning for the CPU a.i.(Which is ANY player on D, NOT user controlled, that includes players on Human side not user controlled either).
I wondered the same thing and actually tried playing with HIGH MOTOR on for S. It didn't improve their positioning or reactions in the passing game. Some S were left with BIG HITTER on and they also didn't show any improvement. It was a limited observation, so maybe more is needed. Other factors could be in play as well.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:35 AM   #118
Rookie

Quote:
That's an interesting idea. I will have to pay attention to that more.

D81SKINS I appreciate the ideas, the more input we get the better chance we have of cracking this game and maybe unleashing it's full potential. Although I'm beginning to think we're up against an impenetrable wall when it comes to how the defense plays.

I've been focused on two last areas that really seem to hold this game back for me: 1. DB zone play and 2. CPU defensive play calling.

DB zone play: With HIGH MOTOR OFF LB appear to do a better job of playing zone and picking up the underneath stuff. They are more patient and react in a more lifelike manner. What I'm still seeing are CB still rigidly staying in their zone, even when no receiver is anywhere near, and allowing receivers to leave their zones and go uncovered. Also, S continue to drop into deep coverage and give up the intermediate routes for easy completions. At this point MCV plays way better than ZCV.

It is possible to somewhat fix this issue, especially the intermediate middle zones, by utilizing defensive coverage shading. Unfortunately the CPU doesn't seem to do this.

CPU defense play calling: I've seen an improvement by setting CPU coaches to anything except "attacking" in the coach scheme (base 4-3/3-4). Lowers the frequency of blitzes, but not by much. Playing on Rookie or AM does seem to improve the quality of defensive play calling. Unfortunately each brings new issues related to those levels (i.e. on AM CPU defensive players seem to "know" the play at the snap. I've seen it where the LB will instantly react to a run when the play called for him to drop into a middle zone. Or where a mid 70's DT instantly sheds either a mid 80's or mid 90's G with strong RBK to make the tackle just as the runner hits the hole.).

I'm reluctant to go down the slider whole, but it may be a necessity in order to take advantage of the superior play calling in Rookie or AM. But before I do so I will go back to trying out either custom play books or the generics. There simply may not be a practical fix for zone play.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #119
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
I wondered the same thing and actually tried playing with HIGH MOTOR on for S. It didn't improve their positioning or reactions in the passing game. Some S were left with BIG HITTER on and they also didn't show any improvement. It was a limited observation, so maybe more is needed. Other factors could be in play as well.
One last thing that im testing is turning Clutch on for everyone. Just to see if it brings the gameplay up a notch for everybody. Other then that I dont think there is much left to do. Probably just going to start my CFM with the trait edits & tweak sliders as i go if needed. Even if you edit every rating you might get alillte different gameplay, but not sure if it would be any better in the end. In the end the code of the game is going to win every time. If give this product about a 6.5 on the sim scale. The more & more I edit things the more & more im finding out how the game works & its quite depressing. Nothing really seems organic at all. Have to remember this game isnt built for sim aspects & intangibles to really matter. Its on a acrade level programming for head to head tournaments.Just not a good release this yr all around. Went backwards imo.

As far as the defense they need to get away from the automatic sheds when you hit the sprint button. Its basically a cheat for the ai.

Last edited by DaReal Milticket; 01-07-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #120
Rookie

DaReal Milticket, I agree completely. It is what it is...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »