Home

ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

This is a discussion on ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2018, 12:58 PM   #121
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

I know we don't want to use sliders but when I put the Tackle slider up 75 and lowering Int to 33. So far it's really improved the Defense, even coverage seems improved.
Haven't touched Coverage Sliders or Reaction Time but those would be the obvious things to get Tighter coverage, especially in Zone.

My thoughts have been, for years now
PRT = Zone
PCV = Man

I may start a slider thread since I'm not trying hijack this one
Also, keep in mind all this trait changing is time consuming for sure, if sliders could fix our issues, it would make the game much more enjoyable.
Maybe sliders in Sim Mode are more effective, just sayin.
We all have the same goal here, get a more Sim game from Madden the Arcade lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2018, 02:08 PM   #122
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

I'm setting "Cover the ball" trait as follows
I base it off the player's carry rating
75 or less: Never
76- 85: Medium hits
86-99: On Big hits.
I'll report back asap....
Old 01-07-2018, 02:25 PM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
No worries there. We’ve got a very good discussion going here and a place where we can share and sound out ideas.

Focusing on just DB zone play, with your suggested slider edits, what are you seeing on the CPU side? Are they covering the intermediate middle routes?

My concern with slider edits is opening Pandora’s Box. Once you edit one you shift to custom and all too often one slider adjustment results in unintended consequences in another area. Although, from what you and others are reporting, slider edits this year may actually be more effective in adjusting their specific area.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-07-2018, 02:29 PM   #124
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
One last thing that im testing is turningClutch on for everyone. Just to see if it brings the gameplay up a notch for everybody. Other then that I dont think there is much left to do. Probably just going to start my CFM with the trait edits & tweak sliders as i go if needed. Even if you edit every rating you might get alillte different gameplay, but not sure if it would be any better in the end. In the end the code of the game is going to win every time. If give this product about a 6.5 on the sim scale. The more & more I edit things the more & more im finding out how the game works & its quite depressing. Nothing really seems organic at all. Have to remember this game isnt built for sim aspects & intangibles to really matter. Its on a acrade level programming for head to head tournaments.Just not a good release this yr all around. Went backwards imo.

As far as the defense they need to get away from the automatic sheds when you hit the sprint button. Its basically a cheat for the ai.
Let us know what Clutch on for everyone does.
If a bunch of crazy plays happen toward the end of half and games. I mean, outliers ex. 4 turnovers in that short span or a bunch of TDs.
If So, only certain players will get this and they have to be a clutch player irl, imo. Less clutch players may be better, for gameplay sake.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:36 PM   #125
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I know we don't want to use sliders but when I put the Tackle slider up 75 and lowering Int to 33. So far it's really improved the Defense, even coverage seems improved.
Haven't touched Coverage Sliders or Reaction Time but those would be the obvious things to get Tighter coverage, especially in Zone.

My thoughts have been, for years now
PRT = Zone
PCV = Man

Also, keep in mind all this trait changing is time consuming for sure, if sliders could fix our issues, it would make the game much more enjoyable.
Maybe sliders in Sim Mode are more effective, just sayin.
We all have the same goal here, get a more Sim game from Madden the Arcade lol
I think that would be great if you did. I always enjoy your insights.

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2018, 02:38 PM   #126
Rookie

Does anyone know what the online Madden challenge is played on? I’m assuming Competitive.

I’ve tried playing CFM on this level before. Saw some good, but some craziness too. I didn’t pay attention to CPU play calling or zone coverages.

What I’m thinking is maybe this level with our trait/roster edits AND slider edits may be the answer. This will be my next (and probably last) attempt to fix the zone coverage issue.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:39 PM   #127
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
No worries there. We’ve got a very good discussion going here and a place where we can share and sound out ideas.

Focusing on just DB zone play, with your suggested slider edits, what are you seeing on the CPU side? Are they covering the intermediate middle routes?

My concern with slider edits is opening Pandora’s Box. Once you edit one you shift to custom and all too often one slider adjustment results in unintended consequences in another area. Although, from what you and others are reporting, slider edits this year may actually be more effective in adjusting their specific area.

I'll pay closer attention to the intermediate routes from here on out.
My last game was a defensive battle, both Qb stats below.
Eagles (cpu) vs Redskins
Wentz (Cpu)
Rating: 84.2
Yards: 194
0 TDs
1 int
17/22 (77%)
YPA 8.8
Very medicare
Sacked: 4

K. Cousins (me)
Rating: 76.1
Yds: 231
Td: 1
Int: 1
25/40 (62%)
YPA: 5.8
Sacked: 5

Cpu won 26-23
Old 01-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #128
Rookie

D81SKINS, what's your setup? AP/AM? Etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »