Home

ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

This is a discussion on ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2018, 10:29 AM   #137
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
The most expeditious route might be to simply modify Sabo's D books to have more variety in terms of MCV calls.
This makes the most sense to me, because as SJH pointed out, the gameplans are touchy...

Could this be as "simple" as just re configuring some of the star ratings?
Old 01-10-2018, 10:38 AM   #138
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Specifically, I think the CPU can run MCV more successfully than before, so I'd like to see some more MCV in the game plan
MCV works really nicely with the roster edits. I think the High Motor edit means the interactions between the DB/WR are really smooth and they actually play the bump n run...
Old 01-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #139
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Trojan be careful with D books..as certain situations in the “gameplan” reset..example “overload” situation always reset to “nickel” plays..this also goes for I believe Trips, and one other situation..I’m not in front of my PS4 to look..
So what that means if you, I, or anyone use custom books for CPU, the user can’t use certain offensive looks especially overload looks..as the CPU D will call nickel front to the Users “heavy” overload look, causing an unfair advantage against the CPU..

On a positive, regarding 43 under fronts..I would recommend using 34 Predator..this allows you to have a Leo (who would have to be ROLB) and will always align Sam strong side..(who would be the LOLB)..
This is what I have done with Raiders (Mack ROLB Bruce Irvin LOLB) and also with Falcons

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Excellent points, SJH! I love your suggestion about the Predator front. I put that into practice in my Raiders franchise and thought it was a good way of getting at the over/under concept in a way that consistently put the right player in the strong/weak position.

And yes, I do know about the sections of the D books that are linked and that reset. As lame as it is, I think the most sim option in response is simply not to call the overload plays that bring the CPU out in Nickel (and that probably cause them to pass commit and get pancaked).
Old 01-10-2018, 11:15 AM   #140
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
This makes the most sense to me, because as SJH pointed out, the gameplans are touchy...

Could this be as "simple" as just re configuring some of the star ratings?
In short, yes. I think simply going in and making sure there are more MCV plays, or perhaps adjusting the star ratings of those plays if they're already in there, is the quickest fix. I think that would be viable.

My only real issue with the current D books is that they tend to run conservative zone looks a lot and you just don't see much Cover 1, which can be run by the CPU to good effect now, as iMac points out.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:05 PM   #141
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
In short, yes. I think simply going in and making sure there are more MCV plays, or perhaps adjusting the star ratings of those plays if they're already in there, is the quickest fix. I think that would be viable.

My only real issue with the current D books is that they tend to run conservative zone looks a lot and you just don't see much Cover 1, which can be run by the CPU to good effect now, as iMac points out.
I don't know if this is tied to what SJH pointed out re: gameplans, but when I use those books, the CPU often comes out in an inappropriate formation...

Like, I'm in a 2 WR set and they come out in Big Dime, etc...

When they do, it's hard to resit the logical impulse to audible to a basic run play and take the 6-8 yards...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 01:15 PM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 2

For me the last roadblock to getting the most out of this version is the CPU defensive play calling. JoshC's setup, with regard to coach schemes and the use of either generic playbooks or customs, really improves the offensive play calling (at least to a level where the CPU can be competitive).

Unfortunately games are all too "ruined" by inappropriate calls on the defensive side. There seems to always be enough plays during a game where the CPU blows the call and allows me to get what I need to win. With the great dialog going here I'm hopeful that the more knowledgeable contributors will find a solution. Inevitably the solution lies within custom defensive playbooks.

Right now I'm focused on the roster and what we can do to get the most out of that area. Once that is complete I'll turn my attention to the setup (i.e., sim or competitive mode, AP or AM, etc.). I still believe that competitive may just be the way to go seeing how the game is built for the online H2H players. No doubt this mode gets the most testing and game adjustments to accommodate it.

Thanks to all who checkin and especially thank you to all who are able to contribute.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:13 PM   #143
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
For me the last roadblock to getting the most out of this version is the CPU defensive play calling. JoshC's setup, with regard to coach schemes and the use of either generic playbooks or customs, really improves the offensive play calling (at least to a level where the CPU can be competitive).

Unfortunately games are all too "ruined" by inappropriate calls on the defensive side. There seems to always be enough plays during a game where the CPU blows the call and allows me to get what I need to win. With the great dialog going here I'm hopeful that the more knowledgeable contributors will find a solution. Inevitably the solution lies within custom defensive playbooks.

Right now I'm focused on the roster and what we can do to get the most out of that area. Once that is complete I'll turn my attention to the setup (i.e., sim or competitive mode, AP or AM, etc.). I still believe that competitive may just be the way to go seeing how the game is built for the online H2H players. No doubt this mode gets the most testing and game adjustments to accommodate it.

Thanks to all who checkin and especially thank you to all who are able to contribute.

I can’t remember but have you looked at the generic defensive playbooks? I want to explore those next but haven’t gotten that far yet.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:02 PM   #144
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I can’t remember but have you looked at the generic defensive playbooks? I want to explore those next but haven’t gotten that far yet.

I've been messing with them using the display last play visual option. IMO, they, too, are a problem, though less so than the default team playbooks.

I had a red zone drive where the CPU called the same zone blitz from the nickel 3x in a row.

There are more S and CB blitzes in those than their should be. If you have a long drive, you'll see several S blitzes in particular on run downs and you'll see enough CB blitzes on pass downs that you can gash the CPU.

I think MPD is right that the CPU gives up just enough plays on poor D calls to give the HUM games the HUM should never win.

I really think we need to ask them to give us a different basis for the D books, such as down and distance and field position. If we got down and distance alone, that would match the offense and provide better calls.

We could also get the option to define a base D and some pressure calls off of base looks and control the rate of the pressure calls by manipulating a blitz frequency slider or value, if they wanted to get real fancy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »