Home

ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

This is a discussion on ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 01-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #161
MVP

OVR: 5
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMac2307
Am gonna give AM a go. Playbooks are killing my will to live and while the playcalling significantly improves, there are a whole world of other issues that come with creating the CPU's gameplan which I'm not sure if I'm ready to tackle....
Give it a shot man. Ive been playing on All Madden for a long long time. So if you ever want to have a discussion. People have been doing 360's overnight by making the switch.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:23 PM   #162
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Give it a shot man. Ive been playing on All Madden for a long long time. So if you ever want to have a discussion. People have been doing 360's overnight by making the switch.
Thanks, man. I managed to squeeze a quarter in with SF vs. Carolina earlier. It's weird how much the CPU playcalling changes? Didn't see many bad calls, and with edited rosters, it seems to mitigate some of the issues that bugged me playing on AM.

Do you have any suggestions for future testing as to what gets the best out of the AM difficulty?
Old 01-12-2018, 08:49 PM   #163
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Thanks, man. I managed to squeeze a quarter in with SF vs. Carolina earlier. It's weird how much the CPU playcalling changes? Didn't see many bad calls, and with edited rosters, it seems to mitigate some of the issues that bugged me playing on AM.

Do you have any suggestions for future testing as to what gets the best out of the AM difficulty?
Yeah, playcalling is weird. The other night I played against the chargers twice for a Qtr each for testing purposes, I was the same team (SEA). One Qtr it was filled up with PA shots and 4 verts the next game 1 qtr was like the Chargers were mixing it up and I didn't hardly see any stupid play calls. This was on default Charger playbooks.

I would say get your threshold and speed down first. I prefer very slow, some people think that's too slow. Others prefer normal which I think is too fast. Once you have those to your liking then I would start building your sliders around that. Threshold is everything in this game and will dictate all the others areas. That will at least give you a idea of what looks and feels right or maybe this slider needs to be pulled back some because that's not looking right. That's how I normally start with AM. I try and take sections of the game at a time and get that to play how I like and then start on other areas otherwise things can get wacky quick. I'm sure you know all this already lol. Thats whats great about this community is that I can learn things from you and vice versa.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:36 PM   #164
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Any updates on the how the traits are changing the game?
Old 01-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #165
Rookie

OVR: 2

Nothing concrete. I looked into what affect High Motor would have on DBs and WRs.

There appears to be evidence that High Motor continues to act more like an aggression trait. I saw a number of instances where DBs jumped the route. Sometimes to good effect (INT) and sometimes not (missing the INT and giving up the big play). I just canít say for certain that this was tied to High Motor.

Iím interested in seeing how it might affect QB play. Will QBs make more bad reads and try to force passes more? If so, it might be good for rookies and backups.

Drop passes has shown promise for DBs. Saw some easy INTs dropped.

All in all, at this time High Motor off is good. Makes sideline cat heís on is good. Throws tight spiral off is good. Drops passes on for defenders is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-21-2018, 05:13 AM   #166
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

General update as it's been a while:

1. I have been rolling with AM recently and through a few games, it's felt really nice.

2. With these rosters, it feels a lot of the OP boost the CPU would get on AM has been toned down. It feels more like you're playing a smarter CPU, not an over powered one.

3. Having watched streams of people using the standard rosters, it reaffirms all of the theories put across in this thread. Big Hitter, High Motor and Sideline Catch are definitely noticeable when I've observed these streams to the type of animations trigger vs. the animations I see triggered in my games. This makes it feel like the work was worth it.

4. I'm going to discontinue my work around playbooks. It's satisfying removing all of the Verts and PA Shots, but playing on AM, the CPU feel less inclined to stick to their Gameplan as much as on AP, and use a better variety of play calls, so that is probably the quickest fix I have discovered around the playcalling. Along with the changing of schemes as well, it seems to do a good job on the playbook issues. Alongside this, creating custom Gameplans for the CPU opens up a World of other issues that I won't bore people with, but it sends you down a rabbit hole and it's difficult to get out the other end.

5. I'm pretty happy with the rosters at this point. My last thought to investigate is what will editing the QB ratings do to CFM decisions. Surely if all QB's have their attributes significantly reduced before entering CFM, the CPU will still see the QB market as the same? My only concern is, will it lead to every team looking to draft a QB come draft day? That could be a problem. I'd still like to investigate this, as I am on Default AM and am not seeing any glaring imbalances that need to be addressed with sliders.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:14 AM   #167
Madden Avenger

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
General update as it's been a while:

1. I have been rolling with AM recently and through a few games, it's felt really nice.

2. With these rosters, it feels a lot of the OP boost the CPU would get on AM has been toned down. It feels more like you're playing a smarter CPU, not an over powered one.

3. Having watched streams of people using the standard rosters, it reaffirms all of the theories put across in this thread. Big Hitter, High Motor and Sideline Catch are definitely noticeable when I've observed these streams to the type of animations trigger vs. the animations I see triggered in my games. This makes it feel like the work was worth it.

4. I'm going to discontinue my work around playbooks. It's satisfying removing all of the Verts and PA Shots, but playing on AM, the CPU feel less inclined to stick to their Gameplan as much as on AP, and use a better variety of play calls, so that is probably the quickest fix I have discovered around the playcalling. Along with the changing of schemes as well, it seems to do a good job on the playbook issues. Alongside this, creating custom Gameplans for the CPU opens up a World of other issues that I won't bore people with, but it sends you down a rabbit hole and it's difficult to get out the other end.

5. I'm pretty happy with the rosters at this point. My last thought to investigate is what will editing the QB ratings do to CFM decisions. Surely if all QB's have their attributes significantly reduced before entering CFM, the CPU will still see the QB market as the same? My only concern is, will it lead to every team looking to draft a QB come draft day? That could be a problem. I'd still like to investigate this, as I am on Default AM and am not seeing any glaring imbalances that need to be addressed with sliders.
Re: #4. Are you using custom books? I have been using Sabo's, which are awesome. However, I did not use custom books in my CFM opener (All-Madden). At the onset of CFM, I changed every team to have a balanced offensive scheme. Surprisingly, the play calling wasn't horrible by the CPU.

Re: #5. Reducing ratings as a whole sends you down another rabbit hole. What I have liked is reducing the short, med, deep and throw on the run ratings temporarily; I'll make the change prior to my game, and then bump them back up after the game, but before advancing. This way there isn't an impact on the logic of the CPU as you progress through CFM. By leaving the slider at 50 and making these rating edits, the CPU Qb's don't lose any aggressiveness, yet their throws (both accurate and errant passes) are far more organic.

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/raider_ren82
Old 01-21-2018, 10:58 AM   #168
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the update iMac2307.

The issue I've been having with AM is the line play. Defenders are able to quickly shed a blocker (even when they are at a significant disadvantage in key ratings) just as my HB tries to hit a hole near them. On defense my DL is "stuck" to the OL and unable to get much of a pass rush. I've also seen blockers allow a rusher to go by them and not even react.

Have any of you seen anything like this? These only occur on AM.

There are effective work arounds for the play calling issues on offense. The real problem, for me anyways, is play calling on defense. I've been looking into ways to tone down the frequency of blitzes. I've seen some improvement having the CPU use generic play books and deleting the community file before going into CFM.

A remaining issue on defense is the play of safeties. They all too often drop into deep zones and hold their positions until either the ball is thrown or a receiver actually does come into their zone. CBs aren't much better. They will drop into their zone, cover a receiver and then let them go once they run out of the zone, even if no other receiver could possibly enter the zone. I doubt their is a fix for this on our end. I believe this is something the devs must fix.

Raider_Ren82's idea of editing QBs by the game and then resetting them is the way to go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »