Home

ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

This is a discussion on ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2018, 11:34 AM   #169
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

Anywhere from -30 to -35 for the 4 CPU QB ratings for the passing game works really well and default slider at 50 without touching the tight spiral trait. I may go back to that for my set personally.

Playing:
Old 01-21-2018, 11:44 AM   #170
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Just noticed my WHOLE Defense was set to Drop Open Catches: Off
They should be On so they have more organic drops without having to drop Int so far, mine currently 33 for both.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:54 AM   #171
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
Re: #4. Are you using custom books? I have been using Sabo's, which are awesome. However, I did not use custom books in my CFM opener (All-Madden). At the onset of CFM, I changed every team to have a balanced offensive scheme. Surprisingly, the play calling wasn't horrible by the CPU.
This was Default Playbooks with their scheme set to Balanced. I'm passing up on doing Playbooks for all 32 teams. There are too many funky variables both in terms of making them and implementing them in to games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
Re: #5. Reducing ratings as a whole sends you down another rabbit hole. What I have liked is reducing the short, med, deep and throw on the run ratings temporarily; I'll make the change prior to my game, and then bump them back up after the game, but before advancing. This way there isn't an impact on the logic of the CPU as you progress through CFM. By leaving the slider at 50 and making these rating edits, the CPU Qb's don't lose any aggressiveness, yet their throws (both accurate and errant passes) are far more organic.
I think I might give this a go. Heard lots of positive reports and makes more sense than editing the entire roster of QB's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 06:02 AM   #172
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Thanks for the update iMac2307.

The issue I've been having with AM is the line play. Defenders are able to quickly shed a blocker (even when they are at a significant disadvantage in key ratings) just as my HB tries to hit a hole near them. On defense my DL is "stuck" to the OL and unable to get much of a pass rush. I've also seen blockers allow a rusher to go by them and not even react.

Have any of you seen anything like this? These only occur on AM.
This is the only issue I've come across on AM thus far now that I have played for a while. It's very difficult to get the run game going and overall the line play isn't as balanced. The only fix I can think of off the top of my head is to apply a similar rule to DL's as you do with QB's before a game?

Drop their block shedding by 30 to 40 maybe? I haven't tested this, nor have I had time to play much Madden recently, but this is the only thing I could think of to rectify the issue.

AM definitely sends some things of of whack, but I think it is the only option to consistently get a challenge from the CPU (for me anyway). All Pro is too up and down. Some games the CPU are incredible. The next, you will be able to shut them out.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #173
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Anywhere from -30 to -35 for the 4 CPU QB ratings for the passing game works really well and default slider at 50 without touching the tight spiral trait. I may go back to that for my set personally.
I've had tremendous success doing -30 for all four of those ratings (short throw, med throw, deep throw and throw on the run). The misses and errant throws are more organic. I've seen CPU QB's miss throws even when they're not under duress, which happens IRL.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 01-25-2018, 10:59 AM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think you’re right about AP vs AM. Also, I like your idea about possibly lowering DT ratings.

I’m thinking the reason why what I’m seeing on AM versus what others are seeing (especially as it relates to line play) may very well be the console. I play on a regular PS4. It’s the only variable.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-28-2018, 07:15 PM   #175
Rookie

OP updated with my current setup.

A great big thank you to all who have shared their insights here and elsewhere on OS. Without your sharing where would we be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2018, 07:45 PM   #176
Rookie

Updated OP with additional info that was omitted. Update in red.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »