Home

ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

This is a discussion on ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2018, 01:28 PM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

MPD - are you turning off high motor for number 3 except for highly rated dt and 3/4 olb? What about the defensive backs?
Old 02-06-2018, 04:02 PM   #178
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBrewPack
MPD - are you turning off high motor for number 3 except for highly rated dt and 3/4 olb? What about the defensive backs?
High Motor should be renamed "aggression". With it on players show less patience and a desire to get in on the play. I've found that players make better decisions when it is off. At the very least, I'm turning it off for HB, FB, TE & OL. I've left it on for WR as I want to see them go after the ball. I really don't know if you can see this, but so far it seems to play out good.

On defense definitely turn it off for LB, except 3-4 OLB pass rushers. It gives a boost to DE and DT, so I only use it on those rated 85+. I went with 85+ as I'm using 30XP so drafted players aren't likely to get much past 85.

I left it at default (whatever a player is set to) for DB as on occasion I'll see them be overly aggressive and try and jump a route. Occasionally they are successful, but also they will at times miss and give up a big play.

One other approach on offense is to have it on for rookies and 1 year players (especially OL) as it causes them to be aggressive blocking and not always hold their position for a delayed rusher. I think this can be seen as reflecting the lack of awareness and discipline that young players come into the league with.

The nice thing about traits is that when you change them, they seemingly have no affect on CFM actions. They don't resigning, depth chart position or any other area that I can tell. They do, however, affect gameplay.

Thanks for the interest. I'm going into week 5 with the Cowboys and I've had a bevy of games. 2 close hard fought games and 1 easy win due to injuries and turnovers and 1 blowout. I've had a number of minor injuries. In game 3 I lost my starting C for 5 weeks and was forced to reorganize my OL. My 80 RT got owned by JPP, forcing me to adjust my game plan and blocking scheme. I've struggled to run and have been run on. Good QBs have done well, while lower rated ones have struggled. I'm really liking the way its playing out and all without adjusting gameplay sliders.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:28 PM   #179
Rookie

Thanks for the clarification. I’m starting a new cfm and got confused with the OP based on prior observations shared. I used trait edits with my old cfm and really liked the results that I saw (O-Line in particular). I feel like the edits are a must, but I get why some people don’t want to take the time.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:37 PM   #180
Rookie

Thing is once you see the affect trait edits have, it potentially removes the need to constantly adjust sliders. In the end, I would think it requires less time than adjusting sliders. Generally I just edit rosters as I play a team. It really doesn't take that much time.

I should've added that for the DL you can turn High Motor OFF for all, regardless of ratings. They are less aggressive and this allows their ratings to standout more. Either way works. It comes down to what you're looking for.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:48 PM   #181
Rookie

Wondering if you can comment on how your set-up handles a couple issues that I have had with other sets. On AP (using JoshC set-up), I felt player speed had a significant impact on results. Got to the point where the challenge wasn’t there on offense and especially on defense. Now, I kind of created the problem by focusing on speed with player acquisition. The second issue was related to the mixing of arcade and simulation. While playing on all madden, I definitely experienced a reduced competitiveness with the CPU. Are you seeing any indication of these issues with the competitive/simulation set-up or the All Pro setting in CFM?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 05:51 PM   #182
Rookie

One reason I went with slow as opposed to normal (or even fast) speed was I felt that at higher speeds, SPD mattered too much. Fast players were able to burn slower ones too easily and too frequently.

This played out not only for speedy WRs, but also for DEs vs slower Ts. On Slow plays take time to develop, especially deep passing routes. while fast DEs can occasionally get around Ts, more often Ts are able to push them out wide.

Its rare to see a WR blow past a CB, it still does happen. More often a WR will get enough separation to haul in a pass, but will then get taking down from behind as they slow up to make the reception.

Slow speed also affects passing timing. I see overthrows and under throws.

I’ve long thought Competitive might be the best mode to play on as this where the online “competitive” leagues play. Because this where EA’s focus is (as it’s their cash cow), it stands to reason that they would put the most effort and testing into it.

I just couldn’t get it to play “right”. There were too many manufactured big plays. Schnaidt1’s idea to blend modes seems to have toned this mode down.

Sometimes, especially on big plays, I like to go back and look at all aspects of the play. I’ll look at line interactions, WR/CB interactions, etc. For the most part what I see makes sense. Occasionally I will see a play that’s “just Madden “. I don’t think those can be completely removed.

My setup doesn’t remove all issues (I still see the pancake issue occasionally).

The one area I still haven’t found a usable solution to is CPU defensive play calling. Improvement here would go a long way to making the CPU even more competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-06-2018, 06:04 PM   #183
Rookie

Before I settled on this setup I testing them by playing the first 6 games of week 1. I wanted to see if I would get variety and how it would play using weak, strong and balanced teams.

In game 1 I was KC against NE. Through about 2/3 of the game I led and was cruising to a comfortable victory. Then I had a costly turnover. Momentum shifted. NE pulled out the victory when I couldn’t convert a 4th & long after a sack.

In game 2 I was NYJ vs Buff. No matter what I did I just couldn’t get going. The Bills D ate my OL for lunch, sacking me 6 times. McCoy struggled early, but by the 4th was able to get going against my tired D. Needless to say I got blown out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #184
Rookie

After the latest patch I've come across an issue with HUM passing. Occasionally a pass will divert from it's intended receiver to area away. I've also seen passes come out of the QB's hand at strange angles. I had one pass where the Qb was facing right and the pass went left.

Here's a video clip of what it looks like:

https://youtu.be/cVWaw5JL9JU

I deleted my profile and tested in a new CFM with the setup in the OP. unfortunately with the latest patch it would seem that the OP setup is no longer usable. Prior to the latest patch I had not seen this issue and had the game playing very well. Too much time and effort has been put into this game, only to have it all come crashing down yet once again.

I think at this point I will be taking a break and see how the game plays out for others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »