ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

This is a discussion on ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2017, 09:04 AM   #17
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2017
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

Mpd,

So one needs to edit the roster (all pos except DL) for both teams to achieve this experience?
Seems like an excessive effort.

I tend to "play now" and use roster updates thus I would need to do thid prior to each game it would take away the fun ......do you know of any DL rosters with this particular edit?

Thanks,
zodiak4736 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:48 AM   #18
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2005
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

Zodiak4736,

The edits are not as time consuming as editing player ratings, but it does take some time.

Currently I’m not aware of any rosters that are edited inline with this thread.

What system are you on?

In any case, someone would need to do these trait edits for any new roster update. At the very least you could edit the traits for the teams you are playing and just do the OL starters. You wouldn’t get the benefit on defense, but at least the OL would play better.




Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
mpd3892 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:53 AM   #19
On Deck
 
DaReal Milticket's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Showville
Posts: 1,549
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Zodiak4736,

The edits are not as time consuming as editing player ratings, but it does take some time.

Currently I’m not aware of any rosters that are edited inline with this thread.

What system are you on?

In any case, someone would need to do these trait edits for any new roster update. At the very least you could edit the traits for the teams you are playing and just do the OL starters. You wouldn’t get the benefit on defense, but at least the OL would play better.




Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I have off all next week so I decided to dive back into roster editing & traits. Unfortunately, I only make edited rosters inside CFM and EA doesnt allow roster sharing inside CFM. I"ll update my thread this weekend if anyone is interested in checking it out. My goal is to not have to touch sliders, but that involves editing ratings. Im editing the day 1 roster currently.
__________________
"Everyone wants realism until they get it" -bkrich83

Last edited by DaReal Milticket; 12-22-2017 at 11:55 AM.
DaReal Milticket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:46 PM   #20
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2017
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

Modifying attributes may lead to easier maintenance in the cfm vs. constantly playing with sliders. I just want solid animations with players playing to their ratings. Nobody is going to convince me that EA tests the impact of the attributes.
ZBrewPack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 01:04 PM   #21
On Deck
 
DaReal Milticket's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Showville
Posts: 1,549
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBrewPack
Modifying attributes may lead to easier maintenance in the cfm vs. constantly playing with sliders. I just want solid animations with players playing to their ratings. Nobody is going to convince me that EA tests the impact of the attributes.
Im 99.9% percent sure EA only tests sliders at default because thats what the competitive crowd plays on. Thats why I normally dont like to touch sliders. They dont even know the repercussions of moving them up & down. They tune underneath the hood with sliders on default.

__________________
"Everyone wants realism until they get it" -bkrich83
DaReal Milticket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2017, 01:28 PM   #22
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2005
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

DaReal Milticket, I'm with you on only editing rosters within CFM. I haven't looked into the effects of importing edited rosters. I believe khaliib touched on this in another thread some time ago (may have been on an earlier Madden) where he believed imported rosters don't work as well.

If so, we all would have to edit our own rosters. If we can get great gameplay out of editing just traits (and maybe a few attributes on key positions like QB), then it really wouldn't take as much time. Khallib edited and number of attributes for a number of positions and as such took him a great deal of time (apologies khaliib if I'm speaking for you, not my intention).

----

For sure I'm going with turning off HIGH MOTOR for all, except DL. When I skimmed ahead a few seasons I noticed (out of the 50+ players I checked) that generated players rarely have it on. If this is in fact the case, then we would only need to edit the initial roster and save the CFM file as a base and always start new CFMs with that initial start CFM.

Why did it take so long to figure this out??? I doubt this will change much for future Maddens and if so, we'll be up and running much quicker in the future.

Like DaReal Milticket I have some time off over the next week. I'll be looking into the affect other traits have and whether importing an edited roster works as well.

BTW. With the mess the current patch created, I went back to OOTB. Once they fix the mess I'll update and go with the fully patched version, unless feedback shows it to be jacked up.
mpd3892 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:05 PM   #23
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2005
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

I've been following along in some of the other slider threads, as there is always good info being passed around.

It would seem that the key to getting the best out of this game lies, not so much in sliders, but in editing player traits (and perhaps some player attributes). It is my opinion, as there really is no way to know for sure, that traits act like a modifier and/or override on certain player ratings. For me HIGH MOTOR is more like an aggression switch. Turn it on and players ignore their AWR and go. Turn it off and they are more patient and make better decisions based on their AWR.

Now, through a messed up patch, we are learning that the trait tied to covering the ball opens up ball carrier animations and gameplay in a positive manner. I believe it is tommycoa that has put this forward.

DaReal Milticket has found that turning off BIG HITS makes for better tackling.

What do the other traits affect? Only time and experimenting will tell.

I'll be looking at how some of the other traits affect gameplay as well other things. An area that I am key to look into is how the QB and HB AWR ratings affect the defense. Does higher QB AWR make the defense less effective against the pass? What about lower, does that make the defense more effective? The same for the HB AWR and the run defense.

I'll be posting my thoughts and invite others to do so as well.
mpd3892 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:18 PM   #24
On Deck
 
DaReal Milticket's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Showville
Posts: 1,549
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
I've been following along in some of the other slider threads, as there is always good info being passed around.

It would seem that the key to getting the best out of this game lies, not so much in sliders, but in editing player traits (and perhaps some player attributes). It is my opinion, as there really is no way to know for sure, that traits act like a modifier and/or override on certain player ratings. For me HIGH MOTOR is more like an aggression switch. Turn it on and players ignore their AWR and go. Turn it off and they are more patient and make better decisions based on their AWR.

Now, through a messed up patch, we are learning that the trait tied to covering the ball opens up ball carrier animations and gameplay in a positive manner. I believe it is tommycoa that has put this forward.

DaReal Milticket has found that turning off BIG HITS makes for better tackling.

What do the other traits affect? Only time and experimenting will tell.

I'll be looking at how some of the other traits affect gameplay as well other things. An area that I am key to look into is how the QB and HB AWR ratings affect the defense. Does higher QB AWR make the defense less effective against the pass? What about lower, does that make the defense more effective? The same for the HB AWR and the run defense.

I'll be posting my thoughts and invite others to do so as well.
Not sure if you've seen this, but I want to share. Follow the link, it gives a pretty good idea of the boost associated with the traits. I use this every yr since 2013 or so. I use this like the holy grail. Goes to show how traits havent changed in 5yrs!

https://noobtubetv.com/2012/08/15/ma...mpression=true
__________________
"Everyone wants realism until they get it" -bkrich83

Last edited by DaReal Milticket; 12-23-2017 at 08:21 PM.
DaReal Milticket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 PM.

Top -