ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

This is a discussion on ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-27-2017, 08:05 PM   #41
On Deck

DaReal Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

I've been setting High Motor to DT only to try and get a better push up the middle. Needs more testing but seems to be promising.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2017, 08:56 PM   #42
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I've been setting High Motor to DT only to try and get a better push up the middle. Needs more testing but seems to be promising.
Outside of DT, are you setting High Motor to OFF for all CPU and User players?

Madden 18 CFM
San Francisco 49ers
Year 1 (2017): 4-1

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/raider_ren82

OS Thread: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-settings.html
Old 12-27-2017, 09:03 PM   #43
On Deck

DaReal Milticket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
Outside of DT, are you setting High Motor to OFF for all CPU and User players?
Yes, im turning it off for everyone else. Hopefully it wont be overpowering vs the run up the middle.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:05 PM   #44
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Yes, im turning it off for everyone else. Hopefully it wont be overpowering vs the run up the middle.
Let me know how you make out. I may hold off on this until after my week 3 game is over at this point.. gonna play it shortly.

Madden 18 CFM
San Francisco 49ers
Year 1 (2017): 4-1

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/raider_ren82

OS Thread: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-settings.html
Old 12-28-2017, 07:20 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

The "issue" Im seeing with having HIGH MOTOR ON for all DL is it makes average players a little too active, especially DTs against the run.

I'm trying out only setting it to ON for elite level players (90+ or perhaps very close). If you want a more challenging run defense to go against, then leaving it on will do that. It really forces you to know blocking assignments and setup the run. You have to use line calls and allow blockers to create lanes. You also need to run off your blocker's hip. By this I mean if, let's say, I call a run right and line call to block right. I know my RT is going to push the LDE to the right. The RG is going to try and block DT1 to the left, but in all likelihood the blocking will drift right. If I just try and hit the middle of the whole, the DT1 (especially if they have a high BSH and PMV, which is the counter to the RUN) is going to come off the block and bring the runner down. Now iff I run just to the inside of the RT, I am likely out of the reach of DT1 and if RT has pushed his guy to the outside I can at least get to the second level.

I had a great video showing just this. I should have uploaded it, but thought I had already posted enough videos showing how gameplay is affected by the HIGH MOTOR trait. In that play I was able to ripoff a 54 yard run. Up until that point I was chipping away with 2-5 yard runs.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:29 PM   #46
On Deck

DaReal Milticket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
The "issue" Im seeing with having HIGH MOTOR ON for all DL is it makes average players a little too active, especially DTs against the run.

I'm trying out only setting it to ON for elite level players (90+ or perhaps very close). If you want a more challenging run defense to go against, then leaving it on will do that. It really forces you to know blocking assignments and setup the run. You have to use line calls and allow blockers to create lanes. You also need to run off your blocker's hip. By this I mean if, let's say, I call a run right and line call to block right. I know my RT is going to push the LDE to the right. The RG is going to try and block DT1 to the left, but in all likelihood the blocking will drift right. If I just try and hit the middle of the whole, the DT1 (especially if they have a high BSH and PMV, which is the counter to the RUN) is going to come off the block and bring the runner down. Now iff I run just to the inside of the RT, I am likely out of the reach of DT1 and if RT has pushed his guy to the outside I can at least get to the second level.

I had a great video showing just this. I should have uploaded it, but thought I had already posted enough videos showing how gameplay is affected by the HIGH MOTOR trait. In that play I was able to ripoff a 54 yard run. Up until that point I was chipping away with 2-5 yard runs.
Your just doing this for the defensive line with players over 90 correct?
Old 12-28-2017, 07:37 PM   #47
Rookie

At this point, yes. I was seeing too many 75-85 DTs shutting down the run against 90+ OL. HIGH MOTOR really is a "bugaboo". It can turn average players into very good players. What you give up is that upfront pocket push against the pass.

I believe it comes down to what you want more, a challenging run game that will require all your best efforts and good pocket push in the passing game, or better play based on ratings.

An 80-85 DT should not be able to easily shed a 97 lineman as if he's a 70, but then what are you looking for. Challenge? Accurate ratings gameplay? Try a game or two against a good defense. The Giants have an elite DT and a very good DT. Set the elite to ON and the other to OFF and see what you think.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:50 PM   #48
Rookie

I updated the front page with my current setup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »