Home

ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

This is a discussion on ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 01-01-2018, 10:03 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

I would post V.1 of your roster. Any future edits are likely to be minor and this way we start to get some feedback, in case something shows up.

You might want to start a thread in the roster section and put a link to it on this thread, or just post the download info here. Either was is good with me. I really appreciate you taking the time to do the edits.

NFLRoster by kgoodman incorporates the Ball Carrier and High Motor edits, but is based on Rovert22044's roster. That roster has a number of created players and edited player attributes. I know it has gotten good reviews, but I'm wondering if the attribute edits mess with gameplay.

It sounds like your roster only changes traits (a good thing) and incorporates more beneficial edits to traits. If in the future we discover some additional trait edits that further enhance gameplay, we can always put it out or do a V.2.

It's interesting that you and I both picked up on the impact QB traits are having. I actually started to look at it as well. I was playing against DEN in one of my test games. Siemian was the QB. His accuracy and decision making was suspect, but he pretty much stayed in the pocket. The next test game he was hurt (as was Osweiler) so Lynch was the QB. Any hint of pressure and he tried to get outside the pocket and/or take off running.

This got me thinking and wondering if there was a way to separate QBs not only by style, but also by experience. Get veterans to play with more patience and rookies and young QBs to "panic" more. The answer definitely lies in traits. The TIGHT SPIRAL trait has already shown to affect accuracy, so why not one or two other traits affecting QB decision making? Perhaps in conjunction with AWR edits. Perhaps by even turning HIGH MOTOR on for young QBs. After all, if it causes poor decisions and rushed decisions in other players, it may cause QBs to do the same. I'm thinking if we ID what each QB trait affects and possibly combine it with HIGH MOTOR, 1. we can prevent backups from coming in and playing like they should be the starter & 2. we can improve veteran QB play and at the same time get young QBs to play like they are new to the NFL.

As for DBs STRIP BALL trait, it may or may not increase the pass breakup animation. I've been playing with on for some time and can't really compare it gameplay with it off. I do, however, see a lot of really nice animations where the DB will rip the ball out to cause an incompletion or rip the receiver's arm away.

Great find on SIDELINE CATCH. Loving that improvement.

We are oh so close! Best of all, I don't really see future patches messing all of this up unlike sliders.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:14 PM   #66
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

OVR: 0

Okay, I'll get V1 uploaded now.

In regards to the QB traits, I have for now set all QB's to have the 'POCKET' QB style. I feel this contributes to their tendencies as to whether they stay in the pocket vs. looking to scramble. Even with this on, I still see QB's taking off at times.

After that, I have set most most QB's SENSE PRESSURE to IDEAL as I think this gives them the best pocket awareness. If they are a sub par QB, I have set it to AVERAGE.

I need to do some testing around the other traits such as PARANOID, OBLIVIOUS etc to see if there is a big difference around how well they play, but for now I just want to make sure they stick in the pocket instead of taking off or doing pirouettes.

If testing brings up the right results then I could see setting rookie QB's to 'oblivious', and universally known bad QB's to 'paranoid'.

The FORCE PASSES trait seems to be an interesting one and seems to determine their decision making around what throws to make / their accuracy. In my test games, when it's at IDEAL, the QB is really efficient and always find the open man. When it's at BALANCED, they make more risky throws and seem to miss more often. So I use that trait almost as an accuracy modifier.

This means when a QB has SENSE PRESSURE at IDEAL and FORCE PASSES at IDEAL, they are very difficult to stop and play at that elite level. A combination like SENSE PRESSURE = IDEAL and FORCE PASSES = BALANCE makes for a middle of the road QB who can keep you in the game, but won't always tear your D up.

For the QB's who are prone to turnovers and not quite at that stable level, I have set their SENSE PRESSURE to AVERAGE and their FORCE PASSES to BALANCED, but I haven't done much testing against this tier of QB's, so I'm not sure how it translates.

For now I will keep the roster upload within this thread until we find a bit more to work with.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:20 PM   #67
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Interesting note as I posted this....

Was making trait changes to all the backup QB's, and noticed the Bill's backup QB was already set to...

Style = Pocket
Sense Pressure = Ideal
Force Passes = Ideal

It's things like this that I think causes the frustration within the Madden community, because this could be what causes those head scratching moments where the CPU's backup QB comes on and tears you to pieces and we can't figure out how or why....
Old 01-02-2018, 01:38 PM   #68
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

File Version 1 is uploaded...

Search Online ID iMac2307 - PSN

Changes to roster in V1 are as follows:

Big Hitter - Off (Left On for a select few)
High Motor - Off (For everyone except DL & OLB in a 3-4, rated above 90)
Sideline Catch - On (For all Offensive Backs & Receivers)
Cover Ball - Never (For all QB's, RB's, FB's, WR's, TE's, DB's)
QB Style - Pocket (For ALL QB's)
QB Sense Pressure - Ideal or Average (Based on rating)
QB Force Passes - Ideal or Balanced (Based on rating)

V2 should be uploaded this evening or tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:45 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 2

iMac2307 Great work!

Really looking forward to running with your roster. Your work here will really make it possible for folks to get the most out of this game. What you posted about QB traits really seems on point as I was seeing much as you did.

With this roster I can take a really good look at possibly what influences CPU play calling. Your roster combined with some minor coach scheme tweaks and we will be off and running.

I'm very excited. Thank you ever so much for your work on the roster.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:53 PM   #70
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

No problem! It wasn't as gruelling as I thought it would be.

Let me know your findings, including the CPU playcalling. I've made a few discoveries around the playcalling in relation to playbooks and schemes, but nothing concrete. If you notice any players that have slipped through the cracks in relation to their edits, flag it up as well.

I'm going to do a bit of testing now and then will return to the rosters to make further edits.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #71
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Just realised I uploaded V1 with some players missing from the Bengals roster. Had to remove some players for reasons I won't bore you with. You'll want to re download it if you have already downloaded V1.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:05 PM   #72
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMac2307
File Version 1 is uploaded...

Search Online ID iMac2307 - PSN

Changes to roster in V1 are as follows:

Big Hitter - Off (Left On for a select few)
High Motor - Off (For everyone except DL & OLB in a 3-4, rated above 90)
Sideline Catch - On (For all Offensive Backs & Receivers)
Cover Ball - Never (For all QB's, RB's, FB's, WR's, TE's, DB's)
QB Style - Pocket (For ALL QB's)
QB Sense Pressure - Ideal or Average (Based on rating)
QB Force Passes - Ideal or Balanced (Based on rating)

V2 should be uploaded this evening or tomorrow.
I took this for a spin in CFM and the game play was really nice. I particularly liked the edits to QB traits and the restriction of High Motor to elite players.

I played a game as SF vs. CAR and used Josh's game planning trick + a scheme edit to Power Run and Base 43. I did not use custom playbooks, and I thought the play calling was fantastic. I lost on AP, and I only got to Cam 2 times. He played like a strong-armed, vertical type, he used his legs effectively, and they ran very well.

Anyway, the V1 roster looked really good in-game. Excellent work!

It seems that there's a lot of wiggle room to improve this game through traits. I wish I'd been attentive to this myself before seeing these edited rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »