Home

Serious Question For the Slider Guru's here

This is a discussion on Serious Question For the Slider Guru's here within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2018, 09:31 PM   #9
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Serious Question For the Slider Guru's here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr141986
just started messing with the sliders for real and this is what ive gathered so far.
qb acc- exactly what it says. tells u how accurate the qb throws higher the number the more accurate
pass block and run block tell u how good u want the number up higher the number the better the blocking
fumbles is how easy they fumble. problem is i cant find out is it higher and u get more or less fumbles.
catching is how much of a boost u want to give them to their catching attributes.
int is how often u want the defense to intercept it when they get their hands on it
pass reaction time is how fast the defense reacts to something
pass coverage is how much of a boost someone gets to their defenseive coverage attributes. higher the more of a boost
kicking and punting self explainatary. higher the number the better they are
penalties some are more touchy than others. but the higher the number the more they called. im new at it but thats what i have learned so far and i did same as u googled and couldnt find none so i started researching for myself.
Regarding fumbles --> The lower the slider, the more fumbles you will see. The higher the slider, the less fumbles you will see and you'll see ball carriers be more dynamic bc they're not as concerned with losing the football.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 01-02-2018, 01:21 AM   #10
Rookie

Hmmm. QB accuracy makes no difference for me. WR catching does. I'm on custom sliders but raising catching 1 and they complete 90% at 12 yards per attempt. Lower it 1 and I kid you not the QB stats were at 5/10, 21 yds at the half. I'm giving up honestly, the cpu sucks. Games are too scripted whether for or against you.

How does 1 point difference in cpu catching go from 7/7 96 yards 1 td, to 5/10 21 yards. It's night and day. Oh and the play calling changes. They're either godly accurate and balanced, or God awful with 28 runs and 12 pass plays. I wish I was exaggerating. I'm done trying to figure this crap out.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2018, 07:26 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
Regarding fumbles --> The lower the slider, the more fumbles you will see. The higher the slider, the less fumbles you will see and you'll see ball carriers be more dynamic bc they're not as concerned with losing the football.
This is the part that confuses me...it used to be that if you lowered the slider you would see more fumbles and the RBs would be more dynamic and make more moves because they were not protecting the ball and they were not running cautiously.

I think your post says that the higher the fumble slider, the less fumbles will occur and the RBs will be more dynamic. I would think that the smaller the chance of fumbling, the more cautious the RBs would be with moves, etc?

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2018, 10:04 AM   #12
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
This is the part that confuses me...it used to be that if you lowered the slider you would see more fumbles and the RBs would be more dynamic and make more moves because they were not protecting the ball and they were not running cautiously.

I think your post says that the higher the fumble slider, the less fumbles will occur and the RBs will be more dynamic. I would think that the smaller the chance of fumbling, the more cautious the RBs would be with moves, etc?

C
When they have less of a change of fumbling, they can be more aggressive because they're not instinctually protecting the ball. Think about it - if you're playing football and you know that you have a minimal chance of fumbling, you're going to be more willing to take chances. If you were told that you have a higher probability of fumbling, you're going to be more apt to protect the ball and be less aggressive.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 01-02-2018, 10:54 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
When they have less of a change of fumbling, they can be more aggressive because they're not instinctually protecting the ball. Think about it - if you're playing football and you know that you have a minimal chance of fumbling, you're going to be more willing to take chances. If you were told that you have a higher probability of fumbling, you're going to be more apt to protect the ball and be less aggressive.
I understand that logic...but in previous versions it was coded just the opposite. More chances of fumbling meant the RBs ran with more abandon and moves. Maybe they changed it this year.

C
Old 01-02-2018, 11:02 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I was also under the impression that higher fumble slider value = more chance of fumbles. In my testing, this makes the CPU RB attempt more skill moves, such as juke and spin, which basically gives the impression of disregarding bracing for the hit as often. I did this because in 1.08 the brace trait dominates the runners, so I had to switch from 48 fumble to 52.

All sliders are relative though, and my minimum threshold + sliders + penalties can all have a direct impact.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:08 AM   #15
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I was also under the impression that higher fumble slider value = more chance of fumbles. In my testing, this makes the CPU RB attempt more skill moves, such as juke and spin, which basically gives the impression of disregarding bracing for the hit as often. I did this because in 1.08 the brace trait dominates the runners, so I had to switch from 48 fumble to 52.

All sliders are relative though, and my minimum threshold + sliders + penalties can all have a direct impact.

The disruption of the slider in the game it self says lower the slider to have more fumbles and raise it to have less. So if it works as it’s supposed to in the game lower =higher chance of fumbles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2018, 11:16 AM   #16
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Serious Question For the Slider Guru's here

I’ve always tried to take sliders at face value. There are always a lot of wild theories and most have very little or no proof.

I’ll read someone say that this slider does this and I’ll try it and not have the results I was told at all.

The devs say the sliders are dice roll probability modifiers. So this is how I view them.

All Pro is even. So cpu and user are equal. All Madden gives the cpu a boost or the user a disadvantage. Either way it’s not even.

So depending on the difficulty level you have to keep that in mind.

User v user games are equal no matter the difficulty. It just boosts or doesn’t boast the cpu players and does affect the user controlled player but it’s equal for both users.

So if you raise a slider or lower it you are simply affecting the dice roll probability. That’s why you won’t see a huge difference most of the time with slight adjustment. You will see a difference over the course of a full season though.

That’s my take. I think they all work as intended but there aren’t enough sliders so we aren’t able to adjust as much of the game as we would like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »