Home

For those of you who like high (80+) speed parities: Why?

This is a discussion on For those of you who like high (80+) speed parities: Why? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 01-07-2018, 10:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
For those of you who like high (80+) speed parities: Why?

I know many of you all on here like having an 80 or 90 speed parity. My question is why? It basically makes speed irrelevant because your 50 speed pocket passer is now as mobile as your 87 speed mobile QB. Or like 81 speed RB's with killer stats (which sometimes pass through the draft), are now beast.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2018, 12:10 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: For those of you who like high (80+) speed parities: Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossme89
I know many of you all on here like having an 80 or 90 speed parity. My question is why? It basically makes speed irrelevant because your 50 speed pocket passer is now as mobile as your 87 speed mobile QB. Or like 81 speed RB's with killer stats (which sometimes pass through the draft), are now beast.
Iíve used high speed thresh and always thought the players speed wasnít effected, but it feels like the field is shrank and can offer more opportunities for new animations to occur. I see players get outrun like they should and thereís still plenty of big plays, higher thresh offers more gang tackling and clustered action. Seems like higher levels open the defense up.

Just my two cents. Iíve played on lower and high levels and think both are manageable.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:48 AM   #3
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Low threshold is fun if you want to throw for 7,000 yds without the annoyance of having to read a defense.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 01-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #4
Pro

briz1046's Arena

I'd tend towards lowering the threshold slightly ( somewhere in the 40s ) to raise speed differentials in order to combat the speed burst pursuing players are given and at least partially eliminate slower guys catching speed guys
Although in reality some defensive lineman are pretty damn fast irl and not all WRs etc are burners so it's just a personal preference
I play coach mode tho so ratings representation is important and my stick stills aren't a factor

Last edited by briz1046; 01-08-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:42 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Speed disparity isnt just about speed, it's also about interaction with players the ball. I think of it like a threshold, or buffer. The higher the threshold, the more chance the game engine is going to compensate/make up space is by magnetic fields (warping) and shortcut animations.

This is why I play on 0-5 threshold. It reduces the chance of the game engine shortcutting animations and warping to allow a play to develop. I still believe that even at zero, the speed parity still exists and there is a threshold. I feel even at zero that it still plays similar to a 20. This is why those that have theories of zero being truly zero (no threshold) still experience moments of warping and animation interaction issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2018, 08:32 AM   #6
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

I prefer it because I want to exacerbate the penalty for poor strategic decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 01-11-2018, 09:14 AM   #7
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

Because itís not college football, where just being faster than the other teams usually leads to you dominating them.

A guy like John Ross is the pinnacle of this point.

Heís really, really fast.

With 0 Threshold. He will dominate always, no matter what his RR or REL ratings are.

Guys will build teams around 70 ovr 96 speed players. And win. And thatís just not realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-11-2018, 09:35 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 5

Im personally running with 53 at the moment vs the CPU on AM i think its helps contol the cpu speed boosting. This maybe the most important slider in the game imo. This number will affect the other slider tweaks, it ties the whole game together. I tried higher thresholds but it just wasnt working for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »