Home

Best Tackle for Loss Mitigation Slider(s)?

This is a discussion on Best Tackle for Loss Mitigation Slider(s)? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 01-14-2018, 04:15 AM   #9
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Best Tackle for Loss Mitigation Slider(s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Small tweaks
Lower tackle does wonders but then your susceptible to seeing more missed tackles, obviously.
That's why we need the Block Shed slider to make a comeback lol.
I don't think they really have bad balance issues. They balance the game well out of the box, just look at all the slider threads that are 90% default. The problem is the video-gamey concepts.

There was a time when there were very few broken blocks. I'm talking Madden '05-ish. The run block slider actually changed push-vs-anchor. Madden 07 changed all that (M07 screwed up a lot of **** they're still trying to put right). They need to bring back anchoring.

Madden has it's best team ever, no question. It's still working on M07 legacy crap, and that's holding them back.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:14 AM   #10
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

I raised tackle significantly to reduce open field missed tackle jukes/spins for 50+ yds which throws the run game out of whack.

To combat this, we run with higher RBK (~60). All Madden so your results my vary.

The theory is higher tackle = fewer successful jukes/spins in the open field, fewer HUGE runs, better pursuit angles... but higher RBK = less getting blown up in the backfield as there are fewer insta-sheds.

I wouldn't say it works perfectly, but our league's median rushing stats fall very in line with the NFL. Still a few too many negative and 0 yd gains, and jukes/spins are still powerful leading to a few too many huge runs still. But it's better than the other way around, IMHO.

Lowering tackle I feel just makes breakaway runs too common.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 01-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #11
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Raise blocking some..
In the past, Pass reaction also affected the run. Possiblly lower or higher reaction time(not sure which way until I test it) and increase RBK.
Big Hitter and High motor: NO!

Last edited by D81SKINS; 01-17-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »