Home

WR catching

This is a discussion on WR catching within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
WR catching

So what is a good slider to make catching more realistic for the elite recievers? I have mine at 84 and yet I have guys like Julio Jones or Antonio brown just drop all sorts of passes.

I know you can’t win them all which is fine but seems the only thing that matters is speed rather than catch in traffic or spectacular catching. Anyone have tips?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2018, 07:12 PM   #2
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: WR catching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
So what is a good slider to make catching more realistic for the elite recievers? I have mine at 84 and yet I have guys like Julio Jones or Antonio brown just drop all sorts of passes.

I know you can’t win them all which is fine but seems the only thing that matters is speed rather than catch in traffic or spectacular catching. Anyone have tips?
Not sure about the slider, but im always on the cover the ball button immediately. You maybe doing this already.

Playing:
Old 01-28-2018, 07:14 PM   #3
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Not sure about the slider, but im always on the cover the ball button immediately. You maybe doing this already.
I haven’t tried that but seems like I don’t have a chance when I throw and when my reciever tries to go up to catch it the defender makes him do some back flip animation lol
Old 01-28-2018, 07:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

There is a definite distinction from when a CPU team receiver catches the ball and when a HUM team receiver does. All too often I've seen, as you have, elite receivers with high CIT/CTH ratings drop balls when barely touched. Yet these same receivers rarely drop balls on similar plays when on a CPU team.

This can be partly mitigated by better timing and placement of the ball. I also believe it is more a product off playing on the higher levels (AP or AM).

Adjusting one slider to gain a single desired result can often lead to unintended consequences, so be careful there.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:27 PM   #5
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
There is a definite distinction from when a CPU team receiver catches the ball and when a HUM team receiver does. All too often I've seen, as you have, elite receivers with high CIT/CTH ratings drop balls when barely touched. Yet these same receivers rarely drop balls on similar plays when on a CPU team.

This can be partly mitigated by better timing and placement of the ball. I also believe it is more a product off playing on the higher levels (AP or AM).

Adjusting one slider to gain a single desired result can often lead to unintended consequences, so be careful there.
Well being I play on AM are you suggesting that I have my wr catching too high?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2018, 07:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
Well being I play on AM are you suggesting that I have my wr catching too high?
Because it's AM I'm not sure how to fix it beyond doing as Mil suggested and possibly working on ball placement and timing. AM is a mystery to me and I've not been able to get the game to play as others have, so with that I defer to the AM gurus as to how to set your sliders. I just know that the game plays different for CPU players then it does for HUM players, finding a way to balance it is the challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »