Home

Traits, sliders, and ratings that affect AI QB play (aggressiveness)

This is a discussion on Traits, sliders, and ratings that affect AI QB play (aggressiveness) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2018, 02:35 PM   #1
MVP
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2004
Traits, sliders, and ratings that affect AI QB play (aggressiveness)

Anyone have an info dump on how different traits might affect QB play?

I recently returned to the game after a long hiatus and was pleasantly surprised at some of the fixes and the overall quality of the game.

BUT- the QB play is still not quite right. I'm using edited playbooks for AI teams to make them call a better variety of plays. I'm also playing on all madden with good sliders. But now most Qbs are checking things down waaaay too much and scrambling out of the pocket way too much. The scrambling is often effective as they get yards or somehow throw against the grain for completions, but it's cheesy. I played around with traits to change up the results but I'm still experimenting. Anyone know the full details of what traits do what?
feeq14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2019, 01:21 PM   #2
MVP
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2004
Re: Traits, sliders, and ratings that affect AI QB play (aggressiveness)

Has anyone had any luck with this in 20? I'm kind of getting tired of QBs that check down to flats and tight ends on every play.
feeq14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:55 PM   #3
Pro
 
dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: Traits, sliders, and ratings that affect AI QB play (aggressiveness)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Anyone have an info dump on how different traits might affect QB play?

I recently returned to the game after a long hiatus and was pleasantly surprised at some of the fixes and the overall quality of the game.

BUT- the QB play is still not quite right. I'm using edited playbooks for AI teams to make them call a better variety of plays. I'm also playing on all madden with good sliders. But now most Qbs are checking things down waaaay too much and scrambling out of the pocket way too much. The scrambling is often effective as they get yards or somehow throw against the grain for completions, but it's cheesy. I played around with traits to change up the results but I'm still experimenting. Anyone know the full details of what traits do what?
I am awaiting the next ea bandage before I revamp my settings. I firmly believe that the animations of the QB are most vital to overall gameplay.
dc thompsoncanyon838 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:55 PM   #4
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Traits, sliders, and ratings that affect AI QB play (aggressiveness)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Has anyone had any luck with this in 20? I'm kind of getting tired of QBs that check down to flats and tight ends on every play.
I loathe giving any appearance of promoting my set; that just isn't my thing. But, I've tested a bunch of slider-based combos and what I am running right now (which is default with injuries at 10 in MM and 39 in CFM) has worked very well. I loved pure default but the same QB issues that you are elaborating on were driving me nuts. The injury slider (in conjunction with the fatigue and threshold) has a lot of locomotion-based effects and what I think has happened is that the 39 CFM injury value has gotten things back in-sync. The QBs are 'reading' the routes at the proper times and are thus looking at the downfield receivers at the proper times.

Sure, there are games with certain QBs where they throw short more (following their "ID") but overall, I've seen a lot of success with that setup (and people have reported good outcomes on both All Pro and All Madden). QBs with more aggressive traits will definitely throw downfield more...it keeps you guessing...a lot...which I really have enjoyed.
__________________
If you want to be taken seriously, say two positive things for every negative thing you have to say.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:21 PM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2004
Re: Traits, sliders, and ratings that affect AI QB play (aggressiveness)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I loathe giving any appearance of promoting my set; that just isn't my thing. But, I've tested a bunch of slider-based combos and what I am running right now (which is default with injuries at 10 in MM and 39 in CFM) has worked very well. I loved pure default but the same QB issues that you are elaborating on were driving me nuts. The injury slider (in conjunction with the fatigue and threshold) has a lot of locomotion-based effects and what I think has happened is that the 39 CFM injury value has gotten things back in-sync. The QBs are 'reading' the routes at the proper times and are thus looking at the downfield receivers at the proper times.

Sure, there are games with certain QBs where they throw short more (following their "ID") but overall, I've seen a lot of success with that setup (and people have reported good outcomes on both All Pro and All Madden). QBs with more aggressive traits will definitely throw downfield more...it keeps you guessing...a lot...which I really have enjoyed.
Can you link your sliders? are you on Xbox?
feeq14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #6
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Traits, sliders, and ratings that affect AI QB play (aggressiveness)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Can you link your sliders? are you on Xbox?
They're right here on OS
__________________
If you want to be taken seriously, say two positive things for every negative thing you have to say.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 AM.

Top -