Home

Speed parity survey

This is a discussion on Speed parity survey within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2018, 01:50 PM   #9
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Speed parity survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
I use a speed parity setting of 25. I feel speed matters in the NFL, and should be represented as such. However, since speed is such an overpowering trait in Madden, tuning to 0 is reflective of an unrealistic experience in my opinion.
I have to agree with this. At zero it gives the cpu a unfair advantage. The game makes your corners & safeties slow down which results in easy big plays for the CPU, atleast on All Madden.

Playing:
Old 05-23-2018, 03:27 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I have to agree with this. At zero it gives the cpu a unfair advantage. The game makes your corners & safeties slow down which results in easy big plays for the CPU, atleast on All Madden.
Even at 50 it seems unfair to me. I was getting destroyed till I switched to 90

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19

Honest ? Met...

A lot of your threads/questions center around editing AM downward in some way.

If it’s meant to be difficult for the user and you’re editing that difficulty down, why not just play on AP and tweek your roster?

Folk say it’s too time consuming, but 9 months out from release sliders are still being retweeked.

It’s more direct/specific with less chance of messing up another area that you liked.

A whole roster doesn’t have to be done because a good 75% of players are just place holders and never really play.
- AI will go sign a FA before playing a guy low on the depth chart

Just a thought!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2018, 05:13 PM   #12
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Honest ? Met...

If it’s meant to be difficult for the user and you’re editing that difficulty down, why not just play on AP and tweek your roster?

Folk say it’s too time consuming, but 9 months out from release sliders are still being retweeked.

It’s more direct/specific with less chance of messing up another area that you liked.

A whole roster doesn’t have to be done because a good 75% of players are just place holders and never really play.

Just a thought!!!
This is an interesting approach. I'm in too deep at this point to start from scratch, but I am intrigued by this concept. Can you please provide a couple of examples of user roster rating edits and/ or trait edits that might help the "in-between All-Pro and All-Madden" sim style player? I like this.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 05-23-2018, 05:23 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Honest ? Met...

Just a thought!!!
Simple answer. All pro is way too easy and the ai is stupid. All Madden ai is smart but being all Madden it makes your players slower and dumber so you have to bring all Madden down to the level youre comfortable with. Ive tried making all pro smarter and it just cant be done. I'm at a good spot now with my sliders amd adjuatments and I'm having fun so I'm leaving it there.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:57 PM   #14
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
Simple answer. All pro is way too easy and the ai is stupid. All Madden ai is smart but being all Madden it makes your players slower and dumber so you have to bring all Madden down to the level youre comfortable with. Ive tried making all pro smarter and it just cant be done. I'm at a good spot now with my sliders amd adjuatments and I'm having fun so I'm leaving it there.

Yeah, i've been down the roster rating edits rabbit hole before & to be honest I never felt it gave me any better gameplay enough to warrant taking the time editing everything. On All pro, I feel like I have to make house rules for myself and thats not any fun. Just dont like the dynamics of the all pro level. Ive messed around on the Pro level and thought it played pretty good behind All Madden.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-23-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:09 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991

This is the biggest myth out there.

Same AI coding no matter the difficulty level chosen (per Clint).

Only thing altered more towards AI side is win chance outcomes and in some cases, animation triggering.

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that you’re using a roster that has players POS highly rated?
- highest POS generated in CFM w/out XP use is 89

What specific interaction (ie WR vs DB) seems easy to you?
- OL vs DL
- AI QB

Side note:
EA’s rosters are rated more towards Arcade Style to trigger highlights and high scoring offense, whether AI or User controlled.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »