Home

Relationship between autosubs,fatigue,and injury sliders

This is a discussion on Relationship between autosubs,fatigue,and injury sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2018, 12:23 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Relationship between autosubs,fatigue,and injury sliders

I'd really like to get everybodys thoughts on this in one place, I haven't seen any threads like this yet..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2018, 12:30 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Relationship between autosubs,fatigue,and injury sliders

I really can't bring myself to play on less than 15 min qtrs and I def think that to do it these things need to be changed up, I just don't know where I should go with them.. No one at ea has ever responded to me except John one time and he said to go here and ask

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-03-2018, 10:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Hello. Long time lurker and first time poster.

Introductions. I have been playing Madden for about 20 years, usually buying every 2nd iteration of the game. Didn't get 18 but bought 19 this year because it is first time in a long time it is available on PC. I usually play CFM and play against computer. I play 15 minute quarters. I am not a stick jockey but I can get by against the CPU. I am usually an All-Pro difficulty player with sliders settings to make difficulty between All-Pro and All-Madden, (because I can't tolerate how the game seems to cheat on All-Madden setting, plus my reaction time is too slow and always stuffs up the kicker.)

So. Injuries...yeah. Here is my 2 cents.

I am only standing on the shoulders of the slider champions on this forum. Kudos to all of you and thanks for your years of slider prognostication.

So this year I started up Madden 19 and thought it might be fun to rebuild the Colts in CFM and take them to the Superbowl.

First preseason game...default sliders...Andrew Luck gets injured in the first quarter...out for 12 weeks.

Well, I want play around with the sliders settings anyway and I don't like some of the plays in the Colts playbook so I ragequit and decide to play around with some of the slider settings from the gurus on this forum.

Eventually I am ready to try the CFM again, but I set Andrew Luck's injury rating a little higher... to 86. And I set injury slider a little lower... to 37.

First Preseason game.

We win the toss and receive the ball. Very first play. The defense is up in the box so we audible to a PA pass play. The pass is successful to Hilton. 25 yard gain. Andrew Luck is hit after the throw. Injured. Out for 6 weeks.

VERY FIRST PLAY.

I'm like...awww, hell no!

So I was motivated to do some research to find out what the injury slider should be for a reasonable amount of injuries.

So for the advantage of other players...

1. First, how many injuries should you expect to be a reasonable experience as an NFL Coach or Owner in CFM?

One website I looked at analysed all the injuries from the 2015 season. It found that the average amount of injuries for all positions was at around 4% per game. So on a 53 man roster that is 2-3 injuries per game for each team. The average amount of time lost was 3 weeks, though that can range from return next game to out for the season.

So that means, at any given week in the season, you can expect to have around 6 to 9 players on your injury list. (2-3 players per game x 3 weeks average = 6-9)

2. There is no one-size-fits-all injury slider setting.

There are too many other factors that will affect your game experience. You can't expect someone else's slider settings to work for you, but they might give you a good starting point. You will still have to adjust the slider week to week until you get the setting that is right for your play style.

So here is a list of the other factors affecting the injury RNG, that you will have to take into consideration when setting your Injury slider.

- a player's Injury rating affects his chances his chance of being injured in every play he takes part in.

(When I draft or sign new players, I habitually check their Injury rating and Toughness, and take that into consideration before signing them. I would rather play with lower calibre players that I know I can actually be relied upon to play games. So I expect less injuries for my team.)

-a player's Toughness rating affects how long it will take for him to recover if he is injured.

So, if your team has a lot of players with low Toughness but high Injury ratings, you will still experience a greater number of injured players, because when they eventually do get injured they will be out for more weeks.

- Personally, I don't think Fatigue affects injuries. IMHO, Fatigue together with the player's Stamina rating only affect how fast a player will get tired and then need to be subbed out, but I could be wrong about this.

- how long are your quarters? Eg. 15 min quarters means more plays, which means more rolls of the RNG dice so you will need a lower Injury slider setting.

- are you playing every play, or just the moments and simming the rest? If you lower the setting for when you are involved in the play, that lower setting will affect the simmed parts of the game and result in fewer injuries happening.

- Penalty Slider settings. These can affect how aggressive the defense plays in tackling and hitting in blocks. More big hits might affect more QBs, WRs and HBs being injured.

- Which division does your team play in? Some divisions have reputations for having an emphasis on tough, bruising defenses and you have to play those teams 6 games a year.

- What is your play style. Do you sit back in the shotgun or play smashmouth run plays up the middle?

- Trainers??? In my Madden 17 CFM I hired the best trainers and in Madden 25 I also upgraded the stadium to have the best medical facilities and that made a difference to the rate of recovery from injuries, I think, during subsequent seasons, (however, I have not scientifically tested this by isolating that one factor, so, you know, it might not affect this years Madden.)

Conclusion

I am currently playing on Injury slider set at 17 and I agree with others on this forum that 15-20 might be a good range for my style of play, and ANDREW LUCK DID NOT GET INJURED IN THE FIRST PRESEASON GAME. Wut!

But, the TE Doyle did and is out for 3 weeks. He was the only injury though for my team. It is preseason so less reps for everybody.

It is my expectation to only have 1 to 2 players injured in a game and only 3 to 4 players recovering from injuries. If the injuries start to blow out to more than 2-3 players in any given game and 6 to 9 players injured at any point during the season I will lower the setting, but also work on some of those other factors, eg. not re-signing players with low Injury or Toughness etc.

I hope this helps someone else out there, and have fun!
Old 09-08-2018, 09:30 AM   #4
MVP

Toughness is so overlooked when it come to injuries. It plays a major role in how long your injured list gets. The hard part is there is no injury slider setting that works for both played and simmed games. Even if you play all of yours the rest of the league doesn't have many injuries when the slider is low. Most sliders do not affect simmed (advance the week) games but this one does as far as i can see. I have been running my stories spreadsheet and have lowered injury and toughness ratings when i hit a story that requires it. It is nice to see players never return to what they were before or get better because they just can't stay healthy.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Toughness is so overlooked when it come to injuries. It plays a major role in how long your injured list gets. The hard part is there is no injury slider setting that works for both played and simmed games. Even if you play all of yours the rest of the league doesn't have many injuries when the slider is low. Most sliders do not affect simmed (advance the week) games but this one does as far as i can see. I have been running my stories spreadsheet and have lowered injury and toughness ratings when i hit a story that requires it. It is nice to see players never return to what they were before or get better because they just can't stay healthy.

I am following the instructions that I saw elsewhere on this forum...
Put Injury slider on 17 before I start playing a game my CFM team is in, and put the slider to 52 before advancing to the next week.
This results in the same amount of injuries for both User and CPU managed teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »