Home

TDawg's Madden 19 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 19 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Progression Method Do You Want To See This Year
Higher Overall Method 17 8.33%
Standard Overall Method 136 66.67%
Lower Overall Method 48 23.53%
Other Method 3 1.47%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2018, 05:23 PM   #105
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TDawg's Madden 19 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynbks4
No all training should be bronze or unplayed which will default to bronze
I disagree.

The CPU always gets a mix of bronze, silver, and gold.

So if you give yourslef bronze all the time, you are nerfing yourself against the CPU. I think the most "fair" way to do it would be to give yourself silver each week so you earn the same average of XP as the CPU in the long run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2018, 12:01 AM   #106
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Okay. First 20 year sim using BG's set posted in the OP is done and compiled. Here it is:

BG Sliders 20 year Sim #1.jpg

All in all BG did an outstanding job with these. Like really good. Most of the positions are right in the wheel house of where I'd want them. Some thoughts:

QB - So tough (as it's always been) because no matter how you do it if you want some top tier players you are going to end up with a crap ton of guys between 77-83. Not sure if there is a good fix.

HB/FB - Look real good.

WR - Maybe a little heavy on top but not bad at all. It does taper off pretty well.

TE - A little light. Probably just needs a nudge up to get it there.

OT/OG - Very close. I don't hate it at all. Wouldn't mind a few more top tier players but this could work.

C - Looks pretty good. Some wiggle room up or down depending on what you like.

DE - Seems a little to strong for my taste but not by much.

DT - The QB position of defense. Things get clumped in that 73-83 range. Could use a little more top tier but not sure if it's worth the effort.

OLB - Pretty strong up top. Good taper off. Maybe a notch down but not bad at all.

MLB - Could be a little stronger. But again very close.

CB - Looks really good if we can bring down WR a little bit to try to make them match up better. Good number here.

FS/SS - Really like these numbers. Looks solid.

K/P - Good here too.

So all in all, once again, BG did a great job. Use his set and have no worries while I continue to fine tune. I don't think it will be too much different from the current OP set. Unless you are going to mow through 10 seasons in a week (and even if you did it wouldn't be too bad) it won't mess anything up to tweak them at a later time.

Plans now are to write up an excel sheet that automates the data collection process. Basically I will download the data through the Madden Exporter (jbirdwell is the man) to csv. When I open the players.csv file the excel sheet I write will pull relevant data by position and create graphs for me on the fly. The process from downloading data to having compiled information to share with you should be no more then 20 min per sim. I am very excited for this. I will be able to knock out sims at an insane pace. But for the next few days while I find time to make my excel sheet it'll be slow going with information from me. But rest assured I am working on this.

Last thought. I am really intrigued by AJ's thoughts on evaluating progression. The angle he's looking at it from is quite refreshing to me. I was at work today and as I was doing my job I kept thinking of ways to test his idea lol. For any who don't know he is looking at it from a Dev trait/Age to peak/Avg Ovr increase angle. Where as the method I've been using the last 3 years is basically a brute force global angle. It works but I like the idea of looking at progression with more detail. So with that I think I plan on dabbling in that method as well. Lot's of ideas and so little time (stupid real life lol). That's all I have for now. Thanks for reading.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:34 AM   #107
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I've exported through Madden Exporter and the file I get doesn't have the correct OVRs, I'm confuzzled.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:48 AM   #108
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I've exported through Madden Exporter and the file I get doesn't have the correct OVRs, I'm confuzzled.
Looks like I was exporting the oldest league, not the newest:/

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:57 AM   #109
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Ok, yeah, the exporter is of little help. It only gives you one OVR, and that OVR seems to be of the same archetype for all players at a given position. For instance, only get the vertical threat rating for all TEs.

I'm not sure what Daddy Leagues does, I'm just using the exported excel file. Unless DL is recalculating the OVR on the site, you're only getting 1 archetype, which some times wont be touched.

-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 08-22-2018 at 01:01 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:30 AM   #110
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Ok, yeah, the exporter is of little help. It only gives you one OVR, and that OVR seems to be of the same archetype for all players at a given position. For instance, only get the vertical threat rating for all TEs.

I'm not sure what Daddy Leagues does, I'm just using the exported excel file. Unless DL is recalculating the OVR on the site, you're only getting 1 archetype, which some times wont be touched.

If you look under the column playerBestOvr it will give you that players highest rated scheme Ovr. So if the guy is a West Coast QB it will give you his Ovr for that. It is not based on team scheme. Just player scheme. Kind of how it works in the roster menu. The player may only be a 64 Ovr Strong Arm QB (your system) but if he's a 74 rated West Coast QB it will still say 74 Ovr.

I hope that made sense.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:31 AM   #111
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

So I got super into it tonight and built the excel sheet. I just timed myself. From using the companion app to being done it took me 5 min. Done. Results look like this:

Base Roster.jpg
(Base Roster)

Super stoked. In a one hour period I could probably do at least 6-8 sims (including Madden simming time). So I should have data sooner then later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2018, 02:38 AM   #112
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
If you look under the column playerBestOvr it will give you that players highest rated scheme Ovr. So if the guy is a West Coast QB it will give you his Ovr for that. It is not based on team scheme. Just player scheme. Kind of how it works in the roster menu. The player may only be a 64 Ovr Strong Arm QB (your system) but if he's a 74 rated West Coast QB it will still say 74 Ovr.

I hope that made sense.
No, I checked that. Compared the export to the league, and it doesn't match.

Example, TE David Kampinos- Possession 87, Blocking 82, vertical threat 80

Export says player Best OVR = 80.

I'll check again though.

-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »