Other Method 3 1.47%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2018, 06:52 PM   #145
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TDawg's Madden 19 XP Sliders

Tdawg,

In your professional opinion, what do you think EA is aiming for with default XP sliders?

It seems weird to me they don't aim to keep the same spread of OVR's as the default starting rosters, like your XP sliders do.

I'm just curious why you think they might have default XP sliders balanced to produce such a different number of 90+, 80+, and 70+ OVR's. Like, why don't they want the same spread of talent over the long term I wonder? Or maybe just dont want to bother putting in the work?

Also, when you look at the season stats 20 years out when doing your sims, do you see similar stats for lead passers, rushers, receivers etc. as you do in year 1?

Please and thank you. Curious on your thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 07:46 PM   #146
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins041
So after looking at every position and counting every overall at every position on maddens default base roster and comparing with your charts I agree with the xp sliders except im raising QB to 75 and DT to 80 everything else is perfect. Also for the training the cpu doesnt always get bronze anymore right? Is it like random now? I used to always just sim it but if they dont always get bronze do you think itd be ok if I did the training every week and just went with whatever I got the first attempt? That seems pretty sim to me.

It's really up to you and what you want to do. I don't but more so on a lazy level. I just don't want to do the training so I accept bronze. Does that mean the cpu might get a little more XP then me over the course of time? Sure but I'm also smarter and will handle my roster better then they will. I don't see an issue getting silver. But I think if you went through and got gold for everything that would throw the balance off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Tdawg,

In your professional opinion, what do you think EA is aiming for with default XP sliders?

It seems weird to me they don't aim to keep the same spread of OVR's as the default starting rosters, like your XP sliders do.

I'm just curious why you think they might have default XP sliders balanced to produce such a different number of 90+, 80+, and 70+ OVR's. Like, why don't they want the same spread of talent over the long term I wonder? Or maybe just dont want to bother putting in the work?

Also, when you look at the season stats 20 years out when doing your sims, do you see similar stats for lead passers, rushers, receivers etc. as you do in year 1?

Please and thank you. Curious on your thoughts.

Great question. I think the main issue is they don't think people will invest the time to play multiple seasons in CFM. So there is no need to look at XP Sliders long term. I'm sure they tweak them to keep consistent results for maybe 5 seasons. But for guys who want to go deep in their CFM and have that consistency in progression it just doesn't work. Who knows. Maybe they want me to do it for them each year lol. Free labor and all. But really I think it's just a time issue thing. With them opening up the sliders to us users it made it even less important because it was something we could change on our own.

As far as season stats go they are nearly identical at season 20 as they were at season 1. Which is good and bad. Good in that it is staying very consistent. Bad in that the sim stats are a little underwhelming this year and I haven't noticed anything crazy. I mean crazy in a good way where a guy just goes off for one season. But it is consistent with base rosters.

Also I haven't checked on the "Ideal Sense Pressure" trait bug that has plagued this game the past few years. Where nearly every cpu generated QB comes in with that trait. It would seriously affect sack stats. I know we let the Devs know during the beta that it was still in so maybe they fixed it. But the sack stats still looked good at the 20 season mark. So at least that looks fixed.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:12 PM   #147
Wasteland 3-Now Playing

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Since the CPU now gets different medal levels for training, do we know for sure that the User still only gets bronze metals if we sim the training?

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:34 PM   #148
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Since the CPU now gets different medal levels for training, do we know for sure that the User still only gets bronze metals if we sim the training?
Yes, we only get bronze, or at least that's all I've gotten 1 season through.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-25-2018, 12:25 AM   #149
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCLEV22
If you don’t mind, may I ask the reasoning? My league is starting soon and I just want to give the best set we can possibly have lol 27 user league and I don’t want stacked teams I wanna keep things balanced and realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Surely. There's a few key differences.

1. Humans will train at gold medal almost every time vs CPU generally training @ Bronze. That's triple(?) the training XP each week. That's already a big deal.

2. Humans will pick smarter positions to develop, maximizing their young guys.

3. If you have varying XP slider values for similar positions (e.g. FS/SS or DE/DT) then humans will either completely or heavily swap their players to that position for the XP boost. Finding a happy medium whenever possible is much better.

4. Humans will make sensible position swaps such as RG to RT, etc. So the sliders on say "OL" as my point above mentioned should just be controlled for "OL talent" or "DB talent" and let humans start them where they will.

Unlike tdawg, obviously I can't simulate these sliders in a 32-man league to see how they work. But the last two cycles I've made gut-feel adjustments of tdawg's set based on my experience and understanding of development and they have turned out extremely well. A few drafted guys hit 90+ but not many, only true stars can do it, no overpopulation of 85+ guys starting at every position, etc. So hopefully this year's adjustments are similarly on point.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 08-25-2018, 02:55 AM   #150
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Madden Exporter/Excel Workbook Tutorial

Workbook attached at bottom of post.

OP also updated with this information.
Attached Files
File Type: rar MaddenExporter player csv reader(master).rar (1.54 MB, 2 views)
Old 08-25-2018, 04:28 AM   #151
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Finished my Ten 20 year sims. These numbers look outstanding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ten 20 year Sims - OP Set.jpg (169.4 KB, 221 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2018, 09:29 AM   #152
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

So this is interesting.

I'm not done yet, but looking at where I am I can roughly estimate where I'm going to end up, and the only places there are severe differences (more than 30) are at QB, FB, OT, and OLB.

Everything else is going to be very close.

Right now you vs. an estimate of where my numbers will likely end up...
QB- 73 vs. 182
HB- 130 vs. 128
FB- 100 vs. 132
WR- 70 vs. 64
TE- 160 vs. 165
OT- 220 vs. 122
OG- 220 vs. 195
OC- 190 vs. 162
DE- 90 vs. 76
DT- 75 vs. 76
OLB- 70 vs. 86
MLB- 90 vs. 84
CB- 85 vs. 85
FS- 80 vs. 87
SS- 75 vs. 85
K- 175 vs. 165
P- 180 vs. 163

Now, my goal was to make a 22yo STAR dev. gain 12.5 OVR by age 27 on average (based on analysis of the draft classes). And yet we're coming pretty close despite vastly different approaches. That's interesting, it tells me the main problem is the draft classes are producing way too many high rated players at the positions I have rated higher, and way too few at the positions you have rated higher.

Anyways, just thought I'd pass it on.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 08-25-2018 at 09:31 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »