Lower Overall Method 48 23.53%
Other Method 3 1.47%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #257
Rookie

samuelcollin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TDawg's Madden 19 XP Sliders

Any specific reason(s) you prefer to play as a coach?
Old 11-07-2018, 04:14 PM   #258
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelcollin
Any specific reason(s) you prefer to play as a coach?
I don't care for the owner stuff. It's too bland for me. Also I like the thought of getting fired and hoping to get another gig.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2018, 12:55 PM   #259
Just started!

Thank you for putting this together! my connected franchise in its second year and we will be using these xp sliders going forward. Love the fact that you essential got 20 years worth of data and presented it in an easy to understand way.

Was wondering if there is a 2020 draft class you reccomend? preferably one that has been updated since we are past the half-way mark of the college football season.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:47 PM   #260
Rookie

What rosters are you guys using .. thank you
Old 11-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #261
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

im using these sliders but i feel like my players dont progress enough. im about to start my second year. i trained mahomes every week for the entire first season(he was my backup so he only played sparingly) and he still only improved by 1 point all season. i believe he has quick development too.

i just feel like thats not enough. a good young player with quick development who's being trained every week should improve by more than just 1 point in a year IMO. at least 2 points or maybe even 3. idk.

the rest of my team doesnt improve much either.

anyone make any tweaks to these sliders and see some better results?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2018, 08:10 PM   #262
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
im using these sliders but i feel like my players dont progress enough. im about to start my second year. i trained mahomes every week for the entire first season(he was my backup so he only played sparingly) and he still only improved by 1 point all season. i believe he has quick development too.

i just feel like thats not enough. a good young player with quick development who's being trained every week should improve by more than just 1 point in a year IMO. at least 2 points or maybe even 3. idk.

the rest of my team doesnt improve much either.

anyone make any tweaks to these sliders and see some better results?
Well right off the bat you told us exactly why Mahomes didn't progress much. He didn't start. I'd say 75%-80% of progress is from playing time and awards. That is where the bulk of the XP is earned. The rest is from training. If he isn't a scheme fit it's even worse. Guys aren't meant to progress 3-5 XP a year. If they did in 4 years an 80 ovr would be 99 ovr.

Now that's not saying it can't happen. A young prayer who is a scheme fit, starts right away, puts up good stats, wins some awards and pro bowl nods, and gets trained consistently could be an absolute monster.

Just know going in guys that these XP sliders are not for 1-4 season players who want their team to be monsters in a short time. It's a realistic progression of players throughout. If you want something higher simply bump up some numbers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2018, 05:43 PM   #263
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

TDawg's Madden 19 XP Sliders

Hey, TDawg, have you noticed that after only a couple of years, the league gets over-saturated with starting caliber running backs? I take control of all 32 teams during the draft and noticed that only one had a need for an immediate starter and only a handful had a backup OR third stringer need. What are your thoughts and experiences?
New York Knicks
Tennessee Volunteers

Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/steelersd26

YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/steelersdc26

Last edited by steelersd26; 11-13-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #264
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersd26
Hey, TDawg, have you noticed that after only a couple of years, the league gets over-saturated with starting caliber running backs? I take control of all 32 teams during the draft and noticed that only one had a need for an immediate starter and no more than half a dozen had a backup OR third stringer need. What are your thoughts and experiences?

Yes. This is a Madden original roster issue. HBs are just over rated. Too many 2nd and 3rd stringers in the high 70's to mid 80's. It will eventually balance out after awhile (6-10 years depending). But the only way to fix is to start with a lower rated roster for HBs. If you are playing you own CFM then you could just go through and knock some guys down some. I do this to either get good potential rookies playing time or if something just doesn't make sense (I do this for all positions). Doing this also makes you more familiar with your league and for me makes me more invested.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »