Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 11-08-2018, 03:49 PM   #793
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Add one other thing....

I prefer the gameplay on 9 min but prefer the CPU play-calling on 10 min. I chose 10 personally because I felt it served a greater need. CPU gets 'soft' above 10 min.
10 min quarters with no accel clock right? I been running 9 minute quarters this whole time and was enjoying it but might try 10 minutes if you are seeing differences.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:54 PM   #794
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
10 min quarters with no accel clock right? I been running 9 minute quarters this whole time and was enjoying it but might try 10 minutes if you are seeing differences.
9 min is absolutely still good (which is why it is still optionally on the OP), but I feel like 10 min is just a bit better. The biggest difference I've seen is that they don't go into "4-vert mode" nearly as early when down by 1-2 scores. Definitely worth trying out to see what you prefer.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:56 PM   #795
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Tommy, not going to quote everything to avoid thread clutter, but I really dig the info you dropped in here! I've toyed around with the suggested play-calling file but not seriously as I never felt there was a significant difference. But, I will definitely look into some more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #796
MVP

OVR: 6
Profile deletion tips and possible reasons.

I see people reporting crazy things on OS. Mainly, the main board. About the run game being cramped up, backs running out of bounds or backwards, excessive blocked punts/kicks and other things. Iím pretty sure skipping cut scenes and not deleting your profile leads to a lot of this. Lots of testing in now and the games giving good stats and animations and gameplay. Itís playing consistent and stable.

This is what Iíve come to realize about the profile deletion and how the actual individual season has different parts.

Iím two seasons in now, lots of games tested, and the game plays a bit different in weeks 1-8, then 9-end of reg season, and then playoffs.

Weeks 1-8 the teams seem like theyíre still figuring out who they are. Itís not crappy or unwatchable, itís just not as exciting as week 9 and beyond. Just seems like in week 8, the game kicks into a different gear and the teams have a solid idea of their identity.

Right now Iím simming all games in week 1, year 2. The first 8 games looked pretty good, then the 9th game Tom Savage (replace retired Brady) and Darnold threw for 500 yards in the same game. Wasnít anything glitchy, neither team had much of a pass rush. But if Iíd a played another game WITHOUT deleting the profile, it wouldíve got glitchy.

Hereís what i think is happening:
The game doesnít realize Iím playing all the games in week 1, it just sees me playing 8 straight games and the game engine is confused, thinking Iím in week 8 of my CFM, and that extra gear I mentioned is kicking in and the players are playing/executing like theyíre in week 8 of the season.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 11-10-2018, 05:29 PM   #797
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Deleted profile, deleted playbook update, & reset threshold then put back to 65 before this last game I just played. It was a very fun & engaging game. Also played on 10 minutes. Thinking about starting a new season as I am already 6 games in but then again I have enjoyed my season so far.

@tommy is profile/playcall deletion needed before every game played? I only play as one team. Cowboys. Which I also wanted to ask will changing my playbook effect the gameplay? With Zeke out & already not having a legit WR1 (using preseason roster) I want some pass plays where I can really spread the ball around.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:32 PM   #798
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
Deleted profile, deleted playbook update, & reset threshold then put back to 65 before this last game I just played. It was a very fun & engaging game. Also played on 10 minutes. Thinking about starting a new season as I am already 6 games in but then again I have enjoyed my season so far.

@tommy is profile/playcall deletion needed before every game played? I only play as one team. Cowboys. Which I also wanted to ask will changing my playbook effect the gameplay? With Zeke out & already not having a legit WR1 (using preseason roster) I want some pass plays where I can really spread the ball around.
I do it before every 8th game.

Since Prescott is a scrambler type, change to the Spread Scheme. They will throw 10-15 more times than they run.

Now if your qb was a Field general scheme fit, you would want to use the run and shoot scheme to throw 10-15 more times that you run.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 11-10-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:52 PM   #799
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I do it before every 8th game.

Since Prescott is a scrambler type, change to the Spread Scheme. They will throw 10-15 more times than they run.

Now if your qb was a Field general scheme fit, you would want to use the run and shoot scheme to throw 10-15 more times that you run.

Even playbook delete? Not before every game? Alright I'll change to spread scheme & try that out.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:54 PM   #800
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
Even playbook delete? Not before every game? Alright I'll change to spread scheme & try that out.
If youíre console is online it automatically downloads the playbook suggestions. I always check to make sure itís deleted.

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »