Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While It’s On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 11-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #809
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Did you try eliminating the playcall plays like tommycoa and Josh mentioned. I just did in my CFM and what a difference for CPU playcalling. It eliminates the shot plays and just calls a more balanced game.

I don't know what to tell you on the RPM glitching my friend. Josh and Tdawg and others in here are having results near mine, it only rear it's ugly head one or twice per game for me. Side note: I was wondering how Nick Perry beat the LT and our oldest son was watching me in replay mode. Dad, why you watching a replay of that play, it's a video game, art imitating life. lol Of course, he added the games already take you a hour and a half, why waste more of your time. lolz.

I know what you meant by feeling cheated, I've had games up by 2 scores, 3 scores and 1 score and sometimes the CPU team tries to come back and sometimes my D stops them. Try to call a timeout to stop their momentum on offense. I've done that before and it seems to work. My last game vs the Bears, I was up 20 to 16 and the Bears came down the field and scored a TD and I blamed the last int with Rodgers when I had the ball at the 3:40 mark and turned it over at midfield. Ah, hello, my fault. Also, I called the wrong play on the GL and the CPU Bears called a perfect play. Once, during the game, it was second and long, I had aggressive rush turned on and called a blitz. Bears dialed up a screen play to Cohen and they had an easy first down.

For me, I lost and blew that game, not CPU robo QB comeback mode.
I sure did... and I noticed a difference right away.. it's crazy how many things affect this game negatively lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 11-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #810
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
this is playing really well once I switched to 10 min qtrs Accel clock off....my only issues are..

1. cpu qbs almost always hike the ball within 5 seconds of getting to the LOS....with 15 to 20 seconds left on the play clock

2. punting an kicking is atrocious as in....cpu kicking into a 10 mph wind is punting it 15 yards....and I can punt it like 80...

3. cpu runs ball better but still misses Soo many yards from dumb cuts..and could qbs are just Soo deadly accurate...even after sacking them...they never have off Target throws...those my only gripes an I realize they are pretty much Madden not sliders

From a gameplay perspective, what specific negative impacts will I see by having acc on vs. off? I realize the cpu audible stuff but if I set up my CFM using Josh’s exact settings with the only difference being acc on (15 min 17 run off), what gameplay aspects change?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 11-11-2018, 02:04 PM   #811
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
From a gameplay perspective, what specific negative impacts will I see by having acc on vs. off? I realize the cpu audible stuff but if I set up my CFM using Josh’s exact settings with the only difference being acc on (15 min 17 run off), what gameplay aspects change?

Accelerated clock on and skipping cut scenes promotes glitchy gameplay. There will be more blocked punts/kicks, more super lb/dB jumping like Jordan and deflecting passes like crazy, qb sack fumbles, etc. Basically helps take away the NFL Blitz over-the-top-arcadeesque games. Most people that fuss about this game, won’t/don’t/refuse to believe in this no accelerated clock thing.

I too want to play 15 minute quarters, but 15 minute quarters doesn’t offer the optimal game experience and neither does skipping cut scenes. If people did these two things, they wouldn’t see most of the crazy crap that gets reported on here. These are like Cardinal Rules to get the game to play right.

Also the qbs not audibling is a huge dent on gameplay, since the NFL is won and lost with presnap read adjustments and audibles. Not having audibles in football is like only being able to throw fastballs on a baseball game. You eliminate the chess match, and that’s what football is—a chess match.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #812
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Accelerated clock on and skipping cut scenes promotes glitchy gameplay. There will be more blocked punts/kicks, more super lb/dB jumping like Jordan and deflecting passes like crazy, qb sack fumbles, etc. Basically helps take away the NFL Blitz over-the-top-arcadeesque games. Most people that fuss about this game, won’t/don’t/refuse to believe in this no accelerated clock thing.

I too want to play 15 minute quarters, but 15 minute quarters doesn’t offer the optimal game experience and neither does skipping cut scenes. If people did these two things, they wouldn’t see most of the crazy crap that gets reported on here. These are like Cardinal Rules to get the game to play right.

Also the qbs not audibling is a huge dent on gameplay, since the NFL is won and lost with presnap read adjustments and audibles. Not having audibles in football is like only being able to throw fastballs on a baseball game. You eliminate the chess match, and that’s what football is—a chess match.

Thanks Tommy. I appreciate the detailed response.

Old 11-11-2018, 02:31 PM   #813
MVP

Quote:
Thanks Tommy. I appreciate the detailed response.

No problem man. With my cpu/cpu sliders I played all of week 1’s games with all 32 teams, and with 10 minute quarters, they averaged 130 plays a game. The real NFL currently averages 128. There were 2 overtime games in these 16 games. Also some high incompletion games that gave 145 play count games, but in the end, it averaged to 130.

You really need to have a 16 game sample before you put any judgements on a slider set. There’s high highs and low lows in football stats, but stats tend to bend toward a certain average, but the delta that takes place during each game is unpredictable and sometimes looks out of whack.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 11-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #814
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa

Wait, skipping cut scenes by holding X does this? I had no idea about that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

2018 OSFM Hybrid Roster
Old 11-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #815
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Wait, skipping cut scenes by holding X does this? I had no idea about that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Skipping cutscenes is like the Mayhem dude on the Progressive Insurance commercials.

Skipping cut scenes gives more of a high school/NCAA type feel. Way more big plays, whether it be sacks, pick 6s, blocked punts/kicks. I just dont see this buggy stuff as much when I don’t skip cut scenes. Not saying it’s a fix-all-solution. It just makes the game play more stable, consistent—efficient. Glitches will happen, just not every play.

Teams finished:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2018, 03:40 PM   #816
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:

well for me...CPU run game became much better and user pass game became much harder.

I wanted to run higher quarters for a few reasons... higher quarters means more penalties and less injury frequency.

then Accel clock to obviously shorten the game and keep total play counts pretty accurate..

but I chose gameplay over it... the injuries and lack of penalties really suck (not 1 holding call in 4 games) and CPU qb still hike it really fast and don't use any play clock...

but it is what it is. the gameplay is much better turning Accel clock off... for whatever reason.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »