Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2018, 10:33 AM   #841
Rookie

rajone9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

That is why I sim all kicks, cpu and user.
you sim only kicks or even punts?

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6003 utilizzando Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2018, 10:38 AM   #842
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajone9
you sim only kicks or even punts?

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6003 utilizzando Tapatalk
In open stadiums, I sim all kicks, punts included.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:27 AM   #843
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
I don't use custom playbook for CPU... just me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Ya it got screwed up with the update you have to make a new D book... thankfully it didn't screw up the o books

I know you were trying to generate poor QB throws, you seem to have that same love for it that I do lol

I went with a different approach and just lowered all QB accuracy ratings down 20 and its made for a very organic looking game... just have to offset with lower INTs and QB traits...
Old 11-13-2018, 12:01 PM   #844
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Ya it got screwed up with the update you have to make a new D book... thankfully it didn't screw up the o books

I know you were trying to generate poor QB throws, you seem to have that same love for it that I do lol

I went with a different approach and just lowered all QB accuracy ratings down 20 and its made for a very organic looking game... just have to offset with lower INTs and QB traits...
I def don't wanna get into all the trait editing and stuff.....eat should be seeing all this and fixing it.. but again... they haven't figured out how to separate community from sim in terms of how the game plays

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 11-13-2018, 01:32 PM   #845
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
I def don't wanna get into all the trait editing and stuff.....eat should be seeing all this and fixing it.. but again... they haven't figured out how to separate community from sim in terms of how the game plays

Ya I gave up on the EA has to fix this way of thinking because we all know, they arent...

Way I see it now is if were going invest all this money and time in to the game, will it hurt me to make a few changes that will get me the experience I'm looking for? It seems tedious and I swear to you, it is BUT I love the game experience I'm getting right now with the autosub, custom playbook, qb rating and trait edits...

Otherwise this game out of the box will forever be something that isn't made for guys like me and you, its made for the H2H crowd that will call PA Bubble Y Pop the entire game and get pissed when Von Miller destroys their 75 rated RT...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2018, 01:56 PM   #846
Rookie

OVR: 0

10 mins quarters no accel clock, you guys are really getting 125 offensive plays? It seems to me that I’m coming up short since I won’t be skipping cut scenes. Anyone ever try 11?
Old 11-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #847
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drykilllogic2488
10 mins quarters no accel clock, you guys are really getting 125 offensive plays? It seems to me that I’m coming up short since I won’t be skipping cut scenes. Anyone ever try 11?
10 min is perfect. I snap the ball in cadence with the CPU (so with about 20 seconds left on play clock)....I will sometimes go further down than that, but I do not milk the clock to under 5 all game.

I have tested 11 min and the CPU was noticeably weaker (giving less second-effort and so on).
Old 11-13-2018, 03:16 PM   #848
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Ya I gave up on the EA has to fix this way of thinking because we all know, they arent...
Agreed, they aren't.....

Long story short, this is not a sim game, it is not designed to be one and nor should it be (because a true sim would be horribly unplayable to 99.9% of the players...and it would die). Madden is an arcade game at heart; it's only the fact that it has morphed into something much more realistic-looking when people started acting like this has always been a sim game and EA was (just now) catering to the casuals. Sorry kiddos, I owned the first Madden on Sega and every one since....it's never been a simulation game.

To throw out an analogy, it's like arguing that Call of Duty is actually a tactical stealth game. Yeah, you might have some pieces to make it happen...but when everyone else is running around with the guns blazing, it's pretty clear what the developers' intentions were. Madden isn't meant for total sim and (interestingly) it isn't meant for total competitive either. EA has taken some pretty great strides in expanding the breadth of the game to multiple audiences, but at its core, it is still an arcade style game. Guess what? There is nothing wrong with that!

I 100% want bugs and exploits fixed, but there are an awful lot of folks (in both the sim and comp camps) whining about things that are "broken" that are pretty clearly design choices. It's EA's job to make the game to their desired image...it's up to us to decide if and how we play it...they don't "owe us" anything.

My goal is to provide each one of you that initial baseline where the game's engine is fair and balanced. I (personally) need a fair, balanced game that resembles football, where player ratings matter (so team building matters) and where my tactics/strategies matter in-game and I have exactly that right now. Now here is the thing, it is up to YOU, the player, to take that base and make it what you want it to be. If it is really important to you, you will do it....and if you aren't willing to...well...

Edit: my signature below sums-up my feelings....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »