Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2018, 07:36 PM   #905
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Before I get to important stuff, I'm just going to address my point of view on trait edits.

I 100% disagree with globally turning things like high motor off. The game was built around using the EA rosters with these traits in-place. Mess with these, you run the risk of jacking-up the game. I HAVE toyed with them to see and it degrades the game way too much for All Pro, it makes everything WAY too soft (and easy) - becoming more representative of flag football. That said, I also 100% disagree with EA adding high motor to 75%+ of players on their rosters....makes no sense to me. Smarter application of this trait based how players really act would've been a smarter approach by both EA and those in the community who have taken it the other way. For big hitter, something like what TDawg suggested makes the most sense....

(frankly, I think all traits should be dynamically based on player ratings like the 'quirks' on MLB The Show)

Point blank, I'm not messing with them. If you want to, go for it, but do so at your own risk.

OK, now to the point I really want to weigh-in on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Josh, I'm sure you saw this on Twitter, but I highly doubt it will impact your set up.

Tuner Update:

"Simulation game style: Reduced the stamina penalty when using acceleration boost/One Cut to lengthen time necessary before fatigue sets in on a per play basis."

30% increase to defensive run-block disengage angles (this is 30% back in opposite direction from previous tuning made in October Title Update)

Tuning across all Gamestyles (Simulation, Arcade, Competitive):
20% increase to ball carrier fumble chance when using the ‘Aggressive Ball Carrier’ Coach Adjustment
A) I can't even tell if the tuner has installed....it's different than M16 when there was a separate (and deletable) tuner file. It might be tied to the user profile....just not sure....

B) I AM concerned about the direction they are taking with these changes. I DO NOT like the stamina tweak (on-paper) and I have concern with their reversion of the block angle adjustment. Basically, the latter is them adjusting for turning threshold down too low when they did that big adjustment. But, they made the mistake many slider 'gurus' do....instead of addressing the problem (i.e. raising thresh up a bit), they adjusted for the adjustment (i.e. going down the rabbit hole). We'll see how this works, but we might need to consider a lower threshold than 65 to jive with this "fix"....sadly, it may result in looser coverage and other untoward effects. Again, we'll see....hoping that only a slight adjustment is needed (if any). Now, the dev team has done a decent job this year of not breaking the game with unnecessary adjustments, so they've earned some rope with me....but this is the first significant adjustment they've made for M19 that has me scratching my head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2018, 09:42 PM   #906
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Josh;

I took this from EA Community Manager, Kraelo and I'm assuming it's similar to PS4:

From EA's Community Manager:

So I just did it on my home Xbox.

I believe the update downloads as part of the Play Call Data Update. When you log in you will get the message that you need to Restart for Live Content Update. Close the Game, Log back in and when you do the message should go away. Success.

I would have never guessed that.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:49 PM   #907
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just to add a thought on the trait edit aspect. I've run a number of simulations where I advance the game to the next season and take a look at ai generated rookies to see what they are at in terms of traits and ratings.

I was surprised to see that almost without exception, no offensive rookies have high motor on. It is mostly on for defensive rookies. Also, almost no rookie MLBs are set to aggressive for plays ball in the air.

I believe that part of the problem with Madden is that initial rosters are just too overpowered. I realize that testing is done with these rosters, but as new players (i.e., rookies) come into the league, they are at somewhat of a disadvantage because (1) they're ratings are not inline with existing players and (2) often their traits are not inline with existing players. All too often traits are over applied, as JoshC noted, and this has a negative impact on the game. Traits often serve as an artificial enhancement to a player's attributes and not always in a good way.

Trait editing is a time consuming pain, but if done judiciously, can serve to enhance the game and bring it into balance.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:04 AM   #908
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Just to add a thought on the trait edit aspect. I've run a number of simulations where I advance the game to the next season and take a look at ai generated rookies to see what they are at in terms of traits and ratings.

I was surprised to see that almost without exception, no offensive rookies have high motor on. It is mostly on for defensive rookies. Also, almost no rookie MLBs are set to aggressive for plays ball in the air.

I believe that part of the problem with Madden is that initial rosters are just too overpowered. I realize that testing is done with these rosters, but as new players (i.e., rookies) come into the league, they are at somewhat of a disadvantage because (1) they're ratings are not inline with existing players and (2) often their traits are not inline with existing players. All too often traits are over applied, as JoshC noted, and this has a negative impact on the game. Traits often serve as an artificial enhancement to a player's attributes and not always in a good way.

Trait editing is a time consuming pain, but if done judiciously, can serve to enhance the game and bring it into balance.
Side Note- There is a global editor on PC that takes seconds to apply the trait edits. Its truly amazing. I'll never go back to console unless they stop making Madden on PC of course. Maybe something you might want to look in to.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 11-29-2018 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:37 AM   #909
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Josh;

I took this from EA Community Manager, Kraelo and I'm assuming it's similar to PS4:

From EA's Community Manager:

So I just did it on my home Xbox.

I believe the update downloads as part of the Play Call Data Update. When you log in you will get the message that you need to Restart for Live Content Update. Close the Game, Log back in and when you do the message should go away. Success.

I would have never guessed that.
Thanks for posting this because I had the same notice about restarting the game. I did and then erased play call suggestions. Do I have tuner or what ?
Old 11-29-2018, 06:47 AM   #910
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892

Good stuff mpd. My thing is this. I make adjustments to players traits and sliders settings to enhance game play,thus achieving the outcomes I desire. Also I do these to sorta balance things out,kinda addtion by subtraction as I don't agree with alot of the attributes numbers ea gives players. Obviously it comes down to whatever makes the game.fun for you and if we continue giving our perspective on things and share info,things will improve even further.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:48 AM   #911
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Side Note- There is a global editor on PC that takes seconds to apply the trait edits. Its truly amazing. I'll never go back to console unless they stop making Madden on PC of course. Maybe something you might want to look in to.
For me, it has nothing to do with ease of editing....I flat out don't think global edits should be done. It's like saying, "let's give everyone 99 acceleration!" I think both ratings/trait edits need to be far more judiciously and thoughtfully applied than what either EA (and those in the community who are going the other direction) are doing right now.

But it's awesome that an editing tool is available on PC for those who like to dabble with that stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2018, 09:06 AM   #912
Pro

Milt you probably already know but I saw some neat looking stuff on YouTube that some mods.did.on NCAA football !

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »