Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 12-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #1001
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
did u watch any of my videos posted??

and I mean.. the settings are pretty easy. fatigue to 50 in mm and cfm and threshold to 65 in both also

then 1 of those ball hawk or heat seekerv settings turned off but I always have those off anyway.

hard to screw those settings up. especially when I'm familiar with how u do things.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
First of all, I meant no offense when stating to 'check your settings'. You're right that it's a pretty easy setup to implement. It's just engrained in my head to always say that There is also a prevalent issue where a lot of people report issues then say, "well I just changed X since it is just a preference" when in-fact, I do not consider it a "preference" at all....I know you know better, but it is also a reason why I continue to point it out.

So....let's move away from that and talk about your observations. The reality is that I too have games like the one you referenced (I nearly always get gashed by 'Robo Rivers', I have games where my QBs are on-target, I have games where there is a deluge of injuries). I have many other games where it's the total opposite (I hold QBs to 50% passing, or have no injuries, or my QB can't hit the broad side of a barn). Having a couple of games here and there like the one you had doesn't bother me. Now if you told me that you had the same issues for 8-10 games in a row....then I'd start diving into other factors (roster, how the CFM was set up, play style differences, and so on). Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe that you have built-up that much sample size yet.

The very strength of this setup (from what I have experienced) is that every game is different. Now, that also means you have to "trust the settings" and you "let it roll" when you have games like this. I'll say this too, the Bills are AWFUL, I got man-handled in plenty of games in Year 1 just like you did in yours....that's part of the fun!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 11:23 AM   #1002
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
If I input settings in cfm and go to play now would those.settings in cfm effect my game in play now? Also are you saying.a sub of 20/25 for a wr.would be better than say 70/75? Thanks.for your input
Honestly, no idea if settings in CFM affect MM, specifically PlayNow. I would think not as CFM is a secondary part of the game, but it is Madden, so you never know.

As to sub settings, it is not that one settings is necessarily better, it is more that a lower setting increases player's aggressive play, while a higher subdues it. Best example is DE. At a lower setting (say 49/50) pass rush is relentless. At 79/80 it is still there, but seems to be more driven by player ratings and the dice role. Keep in mind that I saw this play out when changing only MM subs, not CFM.

richnav, I would also point out that I didn't notice any "silliness" per se, other than what is normally there. The affect of altering subs is more to raising or lowering how a position plays. I.e., say the pass rush is too strong, not saying it is, then raising DE subs to 79/80 would mute their pass rush. By the same token, lowering OL subs to 49/50 would increase their aggression to go after their blocks. In dc thompsoncanyon838's response, changing WR subs could possibly make them go after the ball aggressively, by lowering WR position subs, or be even less aggressive by raising subs.

The point is, altering subs alters how the game plays. It has more of an affect on player actions than just substitution rates.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:33 AM   #1003
Rookie

OVR: 2

Like JoshC1977, I've had varying games from defensive slug matches, to blowouts, to injury plague games. In one game I lost my top 2 LBs (I already had one LB starter out). I was forced to go with a safety at LB. Looking through injury reports for various teams I see some barely have any, while others will have a bunch. Sometimes I have 4+ players out for various lengths and during a game will sustain 4-5 more, with most only being out for the game or a short duration.

What I like is that it forces me to look at my depth before each game and plan accordingly. It does seem as though at times a certain position gets hit hard. I've seen where the top 2 HB's have gone down, or top 2 LBs, and others. Sometimes it hits me, sometimes it hits my opponent.

And like JoshC1977, I've had games where I've kept my opponent in check and seemed to be on my way to a victory only to have them finally show up and start playing to where nothing I do can seemingly stop them. I will say that it does seem that momentum is a big factor in how a game plays. Make a mistake, like throw an INT, and then my opponent gets on a roll. It can be frustrating, but it does add an element of uncertainty to the game.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:04 PM   #1004
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Honestly, no idea if settings in CFM affect MM, specifically PlayNow. I would think not as CFM is a secondary part of the game, but it is Madden, so you never know.

As to sub settings, it is not that one settings is necessarily better, it is more that a lower setting increases player's aggressive play, while a higher subdues it. Best example is DE. At a lower setting (say 49/50) pass rush is relentless. At 79/80 it is still there, but seems to be more driven by player ratings and the dice role. Keep in mind that I saw this play out when changing only MM subs, not CFM.

richnav, I would also point out that I didn't notice any "silliness" per se, other than what is normally there. The affect of altering subs is more to raising or lowering how a position plays. I.e., say the pass rush is too strong, not saying it is, then raising DE subs to 79/80 would mute their pass rush. By the same token, lowering OL subs to 49/50 would increase their aggression to go after their blocks. In dc thompsoncanyon838's response, changing WR subs could possibly make them go after the ball aggressively, by lowering WR position subs, or be even less aggressive by raising subs.

The point is, altering subs alters how the game plays. It has more of an affect on player actions than just substitution rates.
Autosubs are REALLY funky. I've probably tested/evaluated autosubs more than gameplay sliders the past 3-4 years.

Now, the "in" value (the higher of the 2) is essentially locomotion...higher values resulting in more "skating" with lower values resulting in more controlled foot-planting. The results are far less impactful this year with RPM in-place as footplanting is less of an issue.

The "out" value is aggression to a degree but it's "tethering" to a degree as well....both increasing as the value is raised. Remember that aggression (in general) is not always a "good" thing...it can actually cause the CPU to over-react, to overrun plays and in essence, make the game easier (i.e. why raising the PCV slider isn't always a wise idea).

I HAVE messed around with them some for M19 (mainly early-on in the cycle). I definitely saw more suction and warping the more I manipulated them....strong indicators that you have imbalance issues. But, you can probably use a custom autosub set with these sliders and be ok. Personally, I don't think they are worth messing with for subbing purposes. Most player subs IRL are situation-based, not fatigue-based. Use of formation subs (and the situational subs in the depth chart) can allow a lot of players to get on the field without the need to change the autosub values (and it is easy to take control of the CPU team before each game to set their subs if you are moved to do so).

Anyways, that's my two cents on this topic....
Old 12-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #1005
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yea that skating effect is what happens when you set the motion part of autosubs off. Like if wr are set to move and slide around the field then the cpu has to compensate for that somewhere. Thats when the game goes out of whack and plays funky, so yea if one is not sure about autosubs its probably better to leave them alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 01:34 PM   #1006
Rookie

A good rule of thumb for autosubs movement though is to set all positions the same across the board. This eliminates the wonkiness, and yes if your in cfm the MM sliders affect gameplay but not the other way around. Later in the month or next month Im hoping to release a Madden slider tutorial on how most of these things work.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #1007
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
First of all, I meant no offense when stating to 'check your settings'. You're right that it's a pretty easy setup to implement. It's just engrained in my head to always say that There is also a prevalent issue where a lot of people report issues then say, "well I just changed X since it is just a preference" when in-fact, I do not consider it a "preference" at all....I know you know better, but it is also a reason why I continue to point it out.

So....let's move away from that and talk about your observations. The reality is that I too have games like the one you referenced (I nearly always get gashed by 'Robo Rivers', I have games where my QBs are on-target, I have games where there is a deluge of injuries). I have many other games where it's the total opposite (I hold QBs to 50% passing, or have no injuries, or my QB can't hit the broad side of a barn). Having a couple of games here and there like the one you had doesn't bother me. Now if you told me that you had the same issues for 8-10 games in a row....then I'd start diving into other factors (roster, how the CFM was set up, play style differences, and so on). Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe that you have built-up that much sample size yet.

The very strength of this setup (from what I have experienced) is that every game is different. Now, that also means you have to "trust the settings" and you "let it roll" when you have games like this. I'll say this too, the Bills are AWFUL, I got man-handled in plenty of games in Year 1 just like you did in yours....that's part of the fun!
oh I took no offense. lol just making sure u knew I was 100% op

I had no belief I would win the game.. but I did make a few trades and my defense is a 83 ovr.

3 games..1 vs Lamar Jackson and 2 verse rivers and I've given up 40, 37, 40... and is because when I get the cpu in 3rd and long if I play coverage,I get 0 pass rush and qb tears apart any zone defense. man coverage is much better... but if u play man coverage he has all day and will find someone... and always does. if I blitz he always gets rid of it to the open check down who picks up the 1st down.

Lamar Jackson completion percentage was much better... but still couldn't get my defense off the field.

I'm perfectly fine with user offense struggling. my oline is bad...my wrs are average. scoring points should be difficult and require excellent playcall and execution.

I guess I just got infuriated at cpu picking up several 3rd and 15 or more because zone doesn't work and the robo qb feeling.

user passing percentages look great... but it's because of pass deflections and INTs...not off Target throws.

if the user defense could create the same pass break ups or deflections I'd be happy. but I don't get any.

after trades my offense is a 74 over but defense an 83. so my defense isn't bad..

getting out of the game to 5 inuries to starters that were 2 for 5 weeks, 1 for 6, 2 for 8 weeks... and already have McCoy out for 4 weeks...

down 6 guys 2 games in....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 12-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #1008
Rookie

diablo4heismann's Arena

Having some fun experiences with these sliders. I took your suggestion on following the CPUs cadence and not hurrying up to run plays, this made the game more enjoyable and realistic. Also helped me achieve a more sim feel stat line!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »