Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 01-17-2019, 07:02 PM   #1161
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Still using default XP sliders?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2019, 09:20 PM   #1162
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Still using default XP sliders?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

I am, just cuz....no reason one way or other.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-19-2019, 10:20 AM   #1163
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Be wary of single slider-based theories - remember, sliders are all relative to each other. Whether an approach is theoretically sound (the QBA one) or not (the fumble one) the overall impacts are all relative to the remainder of the set.

The only way to know for sure is to try it out for yourself using whatever configuration you are using. This is what i did for YEARS, I read theories and tried them for MYSELF. I try out some of the most ludicrous stuff....you guys would never know. Also remember that people's definition of "plays great" varies GREATLY. Someone might propose a change they say "plays great" and it winds up being the most absurdly arcade-like crap ever. Trust your own eyes....it takes a very short amount of time to know if the animations make sense....if they don't, discard theory - if they do, make a decision if you want to continue your evaluation.

(Obviously I would not advise anything of this sort relative to THIS particular set)
QB ACC at 90 is not a theory. check out these facts. time to throw and protection rate is right on money for Pat Mahomes. cam’s threw the ball a half second quicker but his protection rate was 13 percent lower than his real one. who else is nailing advanced stats like this? or even testing stuff like this

clocked the time to throw by counting by mississippi. i have a southern drawl so these are probably slightly slower than a stopwatch.

these were taken from this game:
https://youtu.be/XI0elOGKrZA

this game went halfway through overtime

mahomes
6 medium wr hurried
3 medium te
3 med wr
2 short wr
2 short wr
3 sacked
2 med wr
4 tipped hurried
2 short rb
4 short rb
3.5 medium rb
2 short wr
3 short rb
3 long wr
6 long wr hurried
3 short wr
2 deep te hurried
3 short rb hurried
4 scramble hurried
2 short wr INTercepted
2 short wr
3 med wr
4 scramble hurried
3 short wr hurried
3 short te
4 deep TE hurried
2 short wr
2 short te
2.5 throwaway
2.5 long wr
3 medium wr
2 medium te
2 short te hurried
1.5 medium wr
3 scramble hurried
3 long te
2 short wr
4.5 long wr
5 med te

113.5 total seconds for time to throw in 39 dropbacks=2.91 seconds per dropback
Pat Mahomes real time to throw 2.91 seconds!
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards
39 dropbacks divided by 11 hurries=82 percent protection

his real protection rate is 82 percent. https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/patrick-mahomes/

11 hurries
1 sack
3 scrambles
averages 2.75 scrambles a game

newton
3 medium te
3 short TE
2 short wr INT hurried
4 medium wr
3 med wr
2.5 medium TE
1.5 hurried te
3 scramble hurried
4 scramble hurried
2 medium TE
2 short wr
2 sacked
1.5 short rb hurried
2.5 med wr
3 medium wr
2 short rb
3 medium wr
3 short rb
3 meg te hurried
3 med te
3 short wr
2 long wr
3.5 medium wr hurried
4 deep wr hurried
2 medium rb
2 short rb hurried
4 scramble hurry
3 medium TE
2 long INT WR
3 long we hurried
2 med wr
2.5 short rb hurries
1.5 long wr
3 short rb
4 medium hurried
2 med wr
2 med wr hurried
2 short te
2 med wr
3 short wr

99.5 total seconds for time to throw/ 40 dropbacks=2.48 seconds
13 hurries
13 hurries/ 40 dropbacks=68 percent protection rate
real life protection rate: 81.9
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/cam-newton/
real time to throw 2.69 seconds. (check the same chart as mahomes link)
2.48 in madden sim
1 sack
3 scrambles averages 7

so from this, we see that mahomes stuff was right on the money, but newton got pressured a little more than his real average. i mean, when you break it down to the seconds, it’s pretty much like the nfl. maybe a little more pressure. not sure. will have to track more of hc00023’s streams.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 01-19-2019 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:37 PM   #1164
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

1985 Roster Edits

I have stated on a few occasions that I have noted sub-optimal results when pairing this slider setup with rosters incorporating global trait edits, specifically turning off the "high motor" trait for all players. This was a huge bummer for me as Iteachpercussion has created an incredible 1985 roster set for PS4 but it is a roster that utilizes this global edit. It played OK, but in my opinion, was lacking some "oomph" without this trait in-place.

So, I have been working on an edit to the roster where I have turned high motor back on for all players who have an 85+ overall rating (and a smattering of lower-rated youngsters who became studs). I decided on this approach a) for simplicity and b) to avoid being overly subjective. Note I also made some tweaks to the 'ball in air' trait for about a dozen or so defenders who were league leaders in INTs in 1985 (PDs were not recorded then). For those familiar with his thread already, I made my edits on his "1985C" roster.

The results have been amazing. With only upper-tier players having this trait, they tend to make big plays much more frequently and you really have to scheme around them. You will feel Marcus Allen's impact on the field vs his backup; elite linemen will push the pocket vs lower-end guys, etc. It's really given me an appreciation of how critical this trait is - it needs to be there, you can't just take it out - but it shouldn't be there as frequently as EA uses it (i.e. where 75%+ of players have it).

Iteachpercussion has been gracious enough to allow me to upload it to the Madden share (again, PS4 only). As I feel that this edited roster has been done more to accommodate this particular slider set, I decided to just post it here (though I will be PMing Iteachpercussion should he wish to also reference it in his thread) I will upload it this evening and will post the file name/user ID in a separate post.

A couple of other things:

This is Iteachpercussion's roster - please give him all the credit. I just made a few tweaks. The link to his thread is as follows:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...oster-ps4.html

I will not be posting edited draft classes. I played around with the 86 draft class and it'd be far too subjective and given how he did the class, I can't set a "hard and fast" rule that makes sense (to me at least). Therefore, I will be picking/choosing after the draft who I decide to give the trait to and just edit within my CFM....I'd advise others to do the same.

Once I set up a franchise file, I will also be streaming a 1985 franchise as well (team TBD).
Old 01-22-2019, 05:51 PM   #1165
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Roster uploaded:

User ID: JoshC1977
File name: 1985Edited

Again, for PS4.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2019, 08:28 AM   #1166
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for this josh...I have implemented the high motor rule in my league and the change is amazing!!

A few things:

Has anyone noticed that zero offensive draft class guys have high motor on??! Wierd!

Do you plan on going through the league and adjusting players that have declined below 85 and players that have improved above 85 after every year?

Thanks again!
Old 01-23-2019, 10:54 AM   #1167
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Thanks for this josh...I have implemented the high motor rule in my league and the change is amazing!!

A few things:

Has anyone noticed that zero offensive draft class guys have high motor on??! Wierd!

Do you plan on going through the league and adjusting players that have declined below 85 and players that have improved above 85 after every year?

Thanks again!
Note, I only made the adjustments to the 85 roster because high motor was turned off globally. If I were taking an EA roster, I'd probably leave it on for guys with overalls around 88+....basically try to keep it around the top 10 - 15%. Iteachpercussion's rosters tend to have fewer players with 90+ ratings than EA's....so I dropped the threshold down a bit to 85 overall for that roster.

In either case, I have no plans to update as my CFM goes on....though the observation on offensive guys not having it (or rarely) in draft classes is interesting. With my addiction to MLB and given that I have multiple madden franchises I want to run, it's unlikely I will get more than 3-4 season into any one franchise - it isn't worth it for me personally.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:11 PM   #1168
Rookie

PotterB33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Roster uploaded:

User ID: JoshC1977
File name: 1985Edited

Again, for PS4.

hey Josh, thanks for this. im getting an error when trying to DL. it says file removed by creator . ps4

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »