Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2019, 06:11 PM   #1177
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
The servers on xbox and PS4 must be down. I’m on xbox and tried to upload the all-time set ive been editing, and it won’t let me upload. You can check by looking at the date by the file name where it shows your uploads. Seems like this fuction’s been buggy since release. It’s been smooth for me the past month working on those rosters. But last night, it wouldnt let me upload. Was hoping the patch would fix it but that’s not the case.
Yeah, having issues for sure. Looks like others are having issues too.

Guess we'll have to keep monitoring for our respective projects
Old 01-23-2019, 07:00 PM   #1178
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
First, make sure you have the main menu set to 50 as well as in CFM. Also make sure you have accelerated clock turned off and the game length set to 9 or 10 minutes.

Second, IMO the injury setting is critical to gameplay performance. Now, so you got a bunch of injuries early. But at the end of the game, I can almost guarantee you that if your main menu injury slider was set at 50, that most of those injured guys will not be injured headed into the next week. You'll see lots of short duration and game length injuries, but it's not like every guy goes out for 10 weeks. It's not as bad as you think. Stick with it....injuries happen in spades in the NFL; I think this set does a nice job of replicating that given the limitation that we don't have practice injuries and so on.

Finally, make sure to invest in players who have high injury and toughness ratings....that is critical or you're going to get beat up a bit.
I have it set in the main menu. I'll play another game or two tonight and see if it starts to even out. I lost my LT, WR2, RG, and LG all for multiple weeks in that first half as well as 2 CBs for the game (my opponent, the Chargers, lost Hunter Henry for the game and that was it). I also had my QB and a different CB exit the game for about a drive each. I'll try playing a few more games and see if they start to calm down.

I'm also worried about simming and injuries for AI teams. In the past when I turned injuries up to 50 a majority of CPU controlled teams had 10-20 guys out for significant stretches of time after about 4 weeks. Will test a bit more tonight and see how it goes.

Last edited by phillies6f; 01-23-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:34 PM   #1179
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies6f
I have it set in the main menu. I'll play another game or two tonight and see if it starts to even out. I lost my LT, WR2, RG, and LG all for multiple weeks in that first half as well as 2 CBs for the game (my opponent, the Chargers, lost Hunter Henry for the game and that was it). I also had my QB and a different CB exit the game for about a drive each. I'll try playing a few more games and see if they start to calm down.

I'm also worried about simming and injuries for AI teams. In the past when I turned injuries up to 50 a majority of CPU controlled teams had 10-20 guys out for significant stretches of time after about 4 weeks. Will test a bit more tonight and see how it goes.
I can say one thing for sure, simming at 50 will be just fine. 51 is the point where simmed injuries can get a bit stupid.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:07 PM   #1180
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

Ok, have gone through two games and am happy to report the injuries have come down to earth. However, I still two related questions (also apologizes for spamming this thread, but trying to find a slider set to boot up a franchise with):

1. How many games till you get a feel for these? I've played through two games SF vs LAC and I won 42-24 and SF vs ARI which I won 42-0. The gameplay felt good. Against LA whichever WR wasn't matched up with Sherman was able to burn me and against ARI Rosen looked lost. But at no point did I feel I couldn't win. I'm specifically avoiding using any "money" plays but I'm worried this set may be too easy? Not sure if I just haven't experienced enough variation yet. My next game is against GB so hoping Rodgers provides a challenge. I don't want to have to go back to AM for competition but I'm afraid I may have to. How many games have you all lost on these sliders?

and

2. Is the run game too easy for anyone else? I have Alfred Morris and Jerrick McKinnon each averaging over 5 ypc and I'm able to run over teams out of I form, Pistol, Shotgun, you name it. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited by phillies6f; 01-24-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:19 PM   #1181
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Ok, have gone through two games and am happy to report the injuries have come down to earth. However, I still two related questions (also apologizes for spamming this thread, but trying to find a slider set to boot up a franchise with):

1. How many games till you get a feel for these? I've played through two games SF vs LAC and I won 42-24 and SF vs ARI which I won 42-0. The gameplay felt good. Against LA whichever WR wasn't matched up with Sherman was able to burn me and against ARI Rosen looked lost. But at no point did I feel I couldn't win. I'm specifically avoiding using any "money" plays but I'm worried this set may be too easy? Not sure if I just haven't experienced enough variation yet. My next game is against GB so hoping Rodgers provides a challenge. I don't want to have to go back to AM for competition but I'm afraid I may have to. How many games have you all lost on these sliders?

and

2. Is the run game too easy for anyone else? I have Alfred Morris and Jerrick McKinnon each averaging over 5 ypc and I'm able to run over teams out of I form, Pistol, Shotgun, you name it. Anyone else experience this?
I went through a 4-12 season with Buffalo if that tells you anything....and I can hold my own on All Madden if I ever bother to play it.

Read through the entire first post if you haven't already - I post some things in there which might help you with little tweaks to your style of play. While I do not believe in house rules, I do some things maybe a little differently when I play than other madden players.

That said, I've gone through 3-4 seasons worth of games and I still see things I haven't seen before. Season 1 will always play the worst (especially if you start in preseason in Year 1). The thing with this set is how much matchups will really matter....you'll be rolling along and then get smacked around. Because of that, and I don't take this lightly, but I'd suggest sticking with it as is through at least half of season 2.

Another little thing I do, and take it with a massive grain of salt, but before each game I go to the CFM slider screen, hit the reset button and then manually edit the threshold to 65. It could be a placebo effect, but i feel it has a subtle, but positive effect.

Feel free to keep asking questions but I think you will be pleasantly surprised if you stick with it for a good long while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2019, 07:10 PM   #1182
MVP

OVR: 6

Servers were back up on xbox earlier today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yeah, having issues for sure. Looks like others are having issues too.

Guess we'll have to keep monitoring for our respective projects

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 01-24-2019, 07:22 PM   #1183
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

I appreciate you being so involved in these sliders and so helpful! Just played the Green Bay game. Absolutely beat them down 42-14. At week 6 and Garrappolo has 21 TD's and only 1 pick. McKinnon has 807 yards, 8 TD's and is averaging 7.8ypc.

I really would like to stick it through with these. I'm getting tons of animations I've never seen before which look great! I've had some amazing individual plays as well. My lone pick came when Jimmy G was hit as he threw and Derwin James had disguised his assignment and intercepted the pass. Awesome play. Or a pick we just had on Rodgers where he was hit as he threw and the ball popped up for grabs for a LB. I'm also actually getting interior pass rush from Buckner (which isn't present in AM). But every game is quickly turning into a blow out and I picked the 49ers specifically as a team that should have to rebuild a bit. Will this stuff really change by the time I get to next season? Thanks again for your engagement!
Old 01-25-2019, 03:26 PM   #1184
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
I appreciate you being so involved in these sliders and so helpful! Just played the Green Bay game. Absolutely beat them down 42-14. At week 6 and Garrappolo has 21 TD's and only 1 pick. McKinnon has 807 yards, 8 TD's and is averaging 7.8ypc.

I really would like to stick it through with these. I'm getting tons of animations I've never seen before which look great! I've had some amazing individual plays as well. My lone pick came when Jimmy G was hit as he threw and Derwin James had disguised his assignment and intercepted the pass. Awesome play. Or a pick we just had on Rodgers where he was hit as he threw and the ball popped up for grabs for a LB. I'm also actually getting interior pass rush from Buckner (which isn't present in AM). But every game is quickly turning into a blow out and I picked the 49ers specifically as a team that should have to rebuild a bit. Will this stuff really change by the time I get to next season? Thanks again for your engagement!
Hmmm...those are extreme enough numbers over six games that you've piqued my interest.

Let me ask you a couple of things.

1. Do you have everything matched-up with the OP in the main menu and CFM? (And I do mean everything...down to the gameplay assist settings). Everything I have listed has been identified as having an impact on gameplay. For people starting out with my set, this is usually the thing that trips them up...they innocently think that something is "optional" and it borks things. If you can carefully go through everything and make sure it matches the OP, it would be most appreciated. (I always ask this by the way.....)

2. For diagnostic reference, what roster are you using for your franchise?

We'll start with those two items and work our way though it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »