Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 07-23-2019, 03:18 PM   #1249
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Hey guys,

Hard to believe, but EA Access is this week for M20!

Now, having played on the Beta, I have a pretty decent feel for how things should play-out on the game. Now, with the ratings stretch, there will be, in theory, more variety. There will be more mis-matches and more tactics involved. Because of this, I think we have to re-evaluate what we consider to be a meaningful sample size. Too many people are going to go haywire in over-reacting to stat-based outliers. I think it will be even more critical to gain a significant sample size prior to considering major changes.

So, this is the current roadmap I will be using for this year:

1. Beta Evaluation. In addition to giving feedback, I used the Beta to assess my general baseline setup. That baseline setup was as follows:

All Pro
10 min Quarter w/ with no acc clock
Injuries at 50 (assigned in main menu and CFM)
All gameplay assists turned off
All other sliders/penalties/XP at default 50

That setup (on the Beta) played a pretty darn balanced, fun, and challenging game.

2. EA Access evaluation. I will use that baseline setup and will do some careful review of the gameplay. My main focus will be looking for any signs of threshold imbalance. The default threshold in the beta looked solid enough, but this is one area I want to be sure we're good on. If necessary, I'll do some tinkering here.

3. Launch Day. Unless there are significant issues uncovered during the EA Access trial, I will have a setup posted in a new thread for launch day. Then I will be playing through at least THREE full seasons and assessing information there before deciding if further changes are needed.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:28 PM   #1250
Rookie

PotterB33's Arena

OVR: 1

The Sliders Master back again! appreciate your work as always and look forward to it.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:04 PM   #1251
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Howdy guys,

So, just a really quick update here.

In general, I'm liking the M20 default All Pro pretty well thus far (I'm running straight default with assists turned off & 10 min/no acc clock). The gameplay is consistent with the Beta aside from something funky with coverage (which I suspect had to do with one of the post-Beta tweaks they made to try to improve M2M coverage).

The one thing I WILL say...matchups REALLY matter....and while that's great, it also makes slider tuning more challenging as it's going to really lengthen the sample size time needed to go to that 'locked-in' stage. (As a side note: it also makes feedback based on a couple of games utterly meaningless - I'd personally stay away from 'first impression' threads and posts)

Overall, the game does a TON of things really well, but there are definitely a couple of warts that we need to really look at. I've only got about 3 hours left in my EA Access trial and that's nowhere near enough time to do anything meaningful here. What I'm hoping is that a Day 1 patch will do us some good here.

Until I have the full game and can really put it through the wringer, I'm going to hold-off on opening a new thread for M20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2019, 12:13 PM   #1252
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

So....I did a thing....I used my backup PS4 to get another EA Access trial

I made a ton of progress last night on the biggest issue right now (coverage) and basically have that nailed-down as well as I think we can. The adjustment did manifest with a couple of other artifacts that need to be touched-up.

I'm going to use the remaining 8 hours of trial time I have to tinker and I think we'll have a set by Monday (which I will post). From there, I will need to generate a small sample size of data to finalize (with the ratings stretch, I think 3-4 seasons of data should do it).
Old 07-27-2019, 09:46 PM   #1253
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

This is exciting!!!
#showmedonttellme
#youarepartoftheproblem
Old 07-27-2019, 09:56 PM   #1254
Pro

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

I am in a league with 2 of my buddies and was wondering how challenging this set is?

We have always played on All-Madden, but I get frustrated with the gameplay of it sometimes even though we still usually manage 10+ win seasons.

Does all-pro still give that challenge? Or will it be easier? I have heard for a long time that All-Pro has a more realistic feel to it, which I am willing to try, but dont want every user winning 14+ games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »