Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #193
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy
Mc Coy just ran 125 yds in 11 attempt, with a TD against me and I had the best running defense in the NFL on the first 3 games.
Last year the only team who ran the ball aroun 50% was the jags, second more 45... expect this year to see very few runs.
Despite being a fan running game Madden looked pretty much 20 yrs ago football lately.

I get so torn on things. I use another set that says to edit certain traits and lower spin and juke, and yes CPU RBs don't do all that movment as soon as they get the ball, I still don't get teams running for a 100 on me and this is with run block at 80. I'm willing to try anything
Old 08-18-2018, 08:37 PM   #194
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
I get so torn on things. I use another set that says to edit certain traits and lower spin and juke, and yes CPU RBs don't do all that movment as soon as they get the ball, I still don't get teams running for a 100 on me and this is with run block at 80. I'm willing to try anything

I warmly suggest not to touch sliders other then injuries, fatigue and threshold. Whatever else you touch you kill the game. Try with Josh combination and be honest on defense, meaning you match the number of DB with WRs you'll see it's not that bad.
I agree there's a problem with HB IA, but it's not that bad
Old 08-18-2018, 10:49 PM   #195
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

How quickly on 9 minute quarters should I be snapping the ball?

Also I am playing a CFM game with these. What would you like me to report back with?

Last edited by Brandwin; 08-18-2018 at 10:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2018, 03:55 AM   #196
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
How quickly on 9 minute quarters should I be snapping the ball?

Also I am playing a CFM game with these. What would you like me to report back with?
Watch a few drives of Josh playing - should give you a good idea of the speed: https://www.twitch.tv/joshc77

In the OP there is a description of how Josh want his feedback.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-19-2018, 08:04 AM   #197
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Josh, I have been tinkering with different adjustments to the INJ slider and raised the value to 28 which seems to help the running game a bit, seem like blocks are held a bit longer and allows the ball carrier to get started before being hit behind the line of scrimmage. Have you pinned down exactly what raising or lowering this value does to gameplay?
Old 08-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #198
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
Josh, I have been tinkering with different adjustments to the INJ slider and raised the value to 28 which seems to help the running game a bit, seem like blocks are held a bit longer and allows the ball carrier to get started before being hit behind the line of scrimmage. Have you pinned down exactly what raising or lowering this value does to gameplay?

Honestly, I can't quite articulate it. (and I realize my saying that will make some of the skeptics question the approach...oh well).

It seems to be an affect on the amount of how recklessly players play. It's really funky though; I'm not sure if it is some sort of offense/defense ratio, if it effects both sides equally or what.

I DO think the 23 injury setting is too low so far from a "body count" perspective - but I want to see what others are seeing before making an adjustment. I might toy around with the default 40 just for giggles.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:58 PM   #199
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Honestly, I can't quite articulate it. (and I realize my saying that will make some of the skeptics question the approach...oh well).

It seems to be an affect on the amount of how recklessly players play. It's really funky though; I'm not sure if it is some sort of offense/defense ratio, if it effects both sides equally or what.

I DO think the 23 injury setting is too low so far from a "body count" perspective - but I want to see what others are seeing before making an adjustment. I might toy around with the default 40 just for giggles.

In all honesty to me the game plays well at 23. I'm doing a lot of testing and I see huge variety, which is what I want.
CPU playcalling is also extremely variable: I played a game vs the Cardinals and they ran 17 times in the first quarter. I thought there was something wrong, so I restarted and they ran 25 times the whole match.

What really puzzle me now are OL rating: from a rating pov the only decent team is the Cowboys. All the other teams have huge holes, in the second season some of them are playing with 68 OVR players... Editing might be a big job, but maybe it's worth busting OL XP sliders and play some games 10 years in the future, just to see how it plays.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:31 PM   #200
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy
In all honesty to me the game plays well at 23. I'm doing a lot of testing and I see huge variety, which is what I want.
CPU playcalling is also extremely variable: I played a game vs the Cardinals and they ran 17 times in the first quarter. I thought there was something wrong, so I restarted and they ran 25 times the whole match.

What really puzzle me now are OL rating: from a rating pov the only decent team is the Cowboys. All the other teams have huge holes, in the second season some of them are playing with 68 OVR players... Editing might be a big job, but maybe it's worth busting OL XP sliders and play some games 10 years in the future, just to see how it plays.

XP might be needed. BUT; the one thing EA tends to tweak a LOT early in the patch cycle is progression/regression. I'm going to hold-off on any explorations of progression until (at least) the next big patch.

Oh, and I agree with you on the game-to-game variability. It is off-the-charts right now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »