Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-20-2018, 10:30 PM   #209
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
So, let's talk about the CFM Injury slider.

I've made a few observations on the CFM injury slider functionality, all of which are based when using the MM injury slider at 50.

This is essentially a hyperness/aggression modifier. Guys will get more aggressive the lower you go on this setting. Think of it this way, if you're less prone to injury, you're more likely to play more "recklessly". I realize I'm anthopromorphizing here a bit, but it's the simplest way I can think to describe it. This is good and bad for a number of reasons.
  • Going lower makes o-linemen more aggressive. They will get after blocks quickly, they will push to the next level more quickly. They will TRY TRY TRY. Sounds good, right? Yes and no. You go too low, they push hard to a fault. You will see tackles immediately going after the double-team on the DT instead of hanging back for a second to block the edge (leaving the edge rusher able to get to the backfield immediately). They will engage blockers but will release too soon as they are trying to push the guy away and get to the next level instead of holding their blocks. In short, going too low will turn blocking to crap. Conversely, if you go too high, the line play will become very static. (Tosa, this ties to your observation of seeing better block duration at 28 vs 23)
  • Skill position players (QBs/RBs/WRs) get really "hyper" as you drop the slider. They get very sensitive and tend to over-react to everything (making jukes/spins instead of plowing forward). This isn't the only reason for RBs acting wonky right now, but running with this value low is going to exacerbate it.
  • This is the one the surprised me (but in hindsight, it shouldn't have). But fatigue rates INCREASE as you drop the injury slider. I ran a game with CFM injury at 40/fatigue 50 and where I had been seeing a good mix of oranges/reds on long drives and some rotation using 23/49, I saw next to nothing at 40/50. Fatigue accumulates on Madden by how much a player moves (and uses special moves) - so this "hyperactivity" from the lower injury slider is wearing guys down more quickly. Fatigue can be a good thing, but it can also make the CPU play very poorly,
  • Just being 100% honest, but I can't quite hone-in on the defensive trends just yet; but I think the MM slider has a more pronounced effect on the defensive side (thus why the game feels much less hyper/aggressive at the 50 injury setting rather than the default value of 10.
So, where do we go from here? I see options:
  • We could stick with a default setup and run with CFM injury at 40/fatigue 50; it would best align with the designs of this thread - to stick with whatever balances the engine and take it. Basically, it will be a tight game with no fatigue effects; but it would likely
  • We could do a slight adjustment off of default (like 39/49 or maybe 39/51) and see how that plays. Sometimes small adjustments work way better than the big ones.
  • We can try to stick with a significant reduction in the CFM injury (but higher than the current 23) and try to find a better "balancing point" that will improve the line-blocking/runner performance while keeping some semblance of fatigue. This is the approach I'd like to go with - it still allows for a little creativeness and personal flair.
Im still liking the following settings.
INJ 28
FAT 49
SPD 52
Normal game speed (had to come off of the SLOW speed as it seemed to negatively effect the running game)

I suspect that ratings are what make the difference in how these things play out and downloaded "That Franchise Guys" roster and the way he rates players seems to make a huge difference to me with this setup. I have only done limited testing (due to time constraints) so I am not sure how it holds up long term. I would encourage some others to try it so I can make sure its not placebo...after a while everything seems like it makes a difference
Old 08-20-2018, 10:36 PM   #210
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Sliders have provided me some really good games (2-3 record) my passing offense and defense has been horrible but my rush offense and rush defense have been great. I just can't seem to get the cpu to put up any type of run game (I am cowboys) still a lot of 23 carries for 53 yards type of games. Only big frustration I have with the game. I can deal with the other issues but lack of cpu run game is one driving me nuts.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:43 PM   #211
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I feel your pain, I saw that before Josh's newest sliders, but the Bears hit me for 113yds in my first game of franchise.

I will need to play more and the Vikings are up next.
#showmedonttellme
#youarepartoftheproblem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 11:24 PM   #212
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

So idc I read this correctly we should go back to 40 for injuries?
Old 08-21-2018, 12:47 AM   #213
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
INJ 28
FAT 49
SPD 52
Normal game speed (had to come off of the SLOW speed as it seemed to negatively effect the running game)

I suspect that ratings are what make the difference in how these things play out and downloaded "That Franchise Guys" roster and the way he rates players seems to make a huge difference to me with this setup. I have only done limited testing (due to time constraints) so I am not sure how it holds up long term. I would encourage some others to try it so I can make sure its not placebo...after a while everything seems like it makes a difference
This has felt good
Old 08-21-2018, 01:47 AM   #214
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
So idc I read this correctly we should go back to 40 for injuries?

No, I was speculating that as a possible approach. Not suggesting anything at this time.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:49 AM   #215
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
INJ 28
FAT 49
SPD 52

How well did it work with default rosters though? Ratings are indeed important, but if that roster significantly deviates from EAs approach, it is super hard to control for that variable.

I did do a super quick run with those settings, I think it is worth exploring further.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 02:54 AM   #216
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Guys, I know I might start to sound like a broken record, but my only issue with the game right now is the HUGE amount of interceptions from the CPU. Over my past 8 games Iíve had one game where the CPU only threw 2 interceptions. In the rest Iíve gotten between 4-6.

I know the Chargers secondary has some good ratings on Madden and has been dubbed The Electric Fence irl, but surely they arenít THAT good.

Iíve been looking at the interceptions, and most seem to happen because because the receiver doesnít break for the ball, but the defender does. Add to that the removal of the stone hands, and you get the crazy numbers. Actually it seems as if my secondary has better hands than my receivers. They catch everything!

Maybe I should try some games with higher injury slider and see what that gets me. Also has any testing been done like turning Offensive Pass Interference off? It never gets called anyway, and might make receivers go for the ball more aggressively?!

Long story short, Iím a bit tired of winning games that I shouldnít be ONLY because the CPU throws interceptions.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »