Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-06-2018, 12:04 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Looking forward to your sliders!
Old 08-07-2018, 11:55 AM   #18
Rookie

Hi Josh,

in the end I was able to play the game since friday. For some reason I had an Origin premiere and started the trial, but I was able to play even after even if the game should be available only starting from today.

I just finished the first regular season with the Bengals all default all pro and the game is just amazing.

Now I have huge problems on offense as I have to adapt to the Xbox controller (that damn X...), the new mechanics, the new moves and in my version for some reason the playbook I was used to - run balanced - doesn't exist anymore, so I'm doing a huge mess on offense. Also helped by the crappy bengals' OL.

On the other side I added navarro bowman preseason and I finished with the best defense in the league. Now my question is: my skill or defense a bit overpowered?
I finished giving up 840 yds on the run, with 52 sacks, but most of all 41 interception (!!!!) with Williams breaking an all-time record for int per season with 16. True, I was extremely lucky with injuries on defense and Cincy defense is pretty good, but... that good?
I'm happy if it's me being good, but despite the CPU QB being finally extremely realistic my secondary is really everywhere. I usually play with coaching adjustment "play ball", maybe I'll change it for next season, but I'll be happy to get your opionion on this as you are playing since a while.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:23 PM   #19
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy
Hi Josh,

in the end I was able to play the game since friday. For some reason I had an Origin premiere and started the trial, but I was able to play even after even if the game should be available only starting from today.

I just finished the first regular season with the Bengals all default all pro and the game is just amazing.

Now I have huge problems on offense as I have to adapt to the Xbox controller (that damn X...), the new mechanics, the new moves and in my version for some reason the playbook I was used to - run balanced - doesn't exist anymore, so I'm doing a huge mess on offense. Also helped by the crappy bengals' OL.

On the other side I added navarro bowman preseason and I finished with the best defense in the league. Now my question is: my skill or defense a bit overpowered?
I finished giving up 840 yds on the run, with 52 sacks, but most of all 41 interception (!!!!) with Williams breaking an all-time record for int per season with 16. True, I was extremely lucky with injuries on defense and Cincy defense is pretty good, but... that good?
I'm happy if it's me being good, but despite the CPU QB being finally extremely realistic my secondary is really everywhere. I usually play with coaching adjustment "play ball", maybe I'll change it for next season, but I'll be happy to get your opionion on this as you are playing since a while.

Defense is definitely ahead of offense this year....
Old 08-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #20
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

First franchise of the year I'm going to try 9 minute quarters with no run off on all madden with everything default except speed which will be very slow.

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:55 PM   #21
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Part of the good news this year is you can pretty much eliminate your paragraph on house rules, because if you decide to drop back 10-15 yards or even try the roll outside the pocket and stand there move, you WILL be punished. Learning to step up in the pocket is a must this year to have a decent passing game.

Dumping off in the flats, check downs, and other nonsense of the sort is no longer a guarantee to pick up yardage because of the defenders reaction. And there is no guarantee that those passes will even be caught. I have found myself just throwing the ball away a lot.

The last house rule you have about building a team is spot on because the IMO the ratings really shine this year. Especially the passing game. I am constantly going through the match ups pre-snap to find out which ones are best and focusing on that specific route.

I've been playing on AP default and am looking forward to see what you come up with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 01:15 AM   #22
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

I concur with Tizz and Therizing. This game is flat out solid. The new player mechanics, while taking some getting use to, are amazing. Everything feels so much more real. Some of the animations are just a thing of beauty. Does it have some issues? Sure. But not many I can see so far. Looking forward to you getting your hands on it and fine tuning an already solid game. And yes ratings are for real. Schemes are on point. Roster building is much more engaging and player progression is so much more improved.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:54 AM   #23
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

So, I see two key issues on pure default right now after a few hours total of gameplay.
  • Tackle dynamics are awful. Actually, let me re-phrase. There are no dynamics to tackling; it's all big hit/strip ball attempts.
  • Defenders just seem to run around like 3 yr old kids on a sugar rush. It's super annoying...just like Madden 18 post patch 1.07. The bigger issues is that defenders are moving with far more urgency than offensive players. This, along with the tackling issues, is leading to the ridiculous CPU rushing stats.
I'm confident that the base roster is a contributor (i.e. high motor trait), I don't believe that it is the ONLY factor. I do believe that the game may also be inherently imbalanced right now and that the injury slider/fatigue settings are the culprit. I have had some success in toning things down but it's going to involve setting the CFM injury slider to 50 - which may be problematic from an injury perspective.

However, before I do further exploration on these settings; I want to run a 10 yr sim in CFM and then play some games there once the majority of the default players are purged. If we continue to see similar issues, then it is a game engine issue and slider/setting adjustments will need to be made. If we do not see the issues, it is a roster rating/trait issue.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #24
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Considering how well roster edits helped in M18, I can almost guarantee the roster is the main issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

2018 OSFM Hybrid Roster

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »