Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-21-2018, 10:34 PM   #257
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

My bad wrong slider thread
Old 08-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #258
Rookie

OVR: 2

Tried another game in week 2, same set up, with 2 different teams:

Safety issues, OL bonehead actions and the occasional "off" animation were there.

Still saw the DB reaction delay. To add a little more definition to it, it mostly seems to apply when the DB is in man, the receiver is running a somewhat straight route (i.e., go, deep post, deep slant, etc.) and then abruptly changes direction (nothing unusual in the receiver's cut). Appears the DB takes 3 additional steps and then reacts, all the while looking at the receiver.

Last year I believe this was an issue as well and was eventually figured out.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:38 PM   #259
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Franchise game #2 completed.

A shutout from the Vikings, 18-0 over the Packers.

CPU 53 yds rushing, Packers 7yds rushing.

Rodgers 50% with 6, yes, 6 int's, Cousins, 57% passing.

I'm throwing into coverage and that's why all the int's.

A bit better with the CPU rushing game.
#showmedonttellme
#youarepartoftheproblem
Old 08-22-2018, 12:39 AM   #260
Rookie

OVR: 2

On a whim I tried playing a Play Now game, just to see if there was any difference. Stuck with 50-50-50. Only got a half in (it takes me awhile to play as I go in and look at every play in replay).

I may have found the culprit to the delayed reaction by DBs. It appears to be ratings driven. The game was between the Giants and Cowboys. The first time I saw it it was when the DB failed to react to OBJ (I don't recall as to which DB as I wasn't really paying attention to match ups, I just figured it was the delay issue).

The next instance involved a different receiver and the same DB. This got me to thinking that it might be rating driven (specifically delta, the difference between 2 opposing ratings. Here it would possibly be RTE & MCV or it might be a difference in AWR).

Later I observed that each time OBJ was covered by either Chido or B. Jones, they reacted well. It was the fourth CB, A. Brown that seemed to have the most issues. In one instance I even saw the delayed reaction when he backpedaled looking right at OBJ. I didn't have a chance to look into what ratings might be causing this. His delayed reaction was not only against OBJ, but also with other receivers and even TEs.

As a counter I saw B. Jones get turned around and still able to locate and stay with the receiver (not OBJ).

Mind you this was in Play Now. When I next get a chance I'll see if it is the same within CFM and I'll pay closer attention to match-ups.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:18 AM   #261
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

I've tested the 40/50/50 settings on All-Pro as you requested, Josh. I still find the injuries on 40 to be too unrealistic, even after the patch. 4 major injuries (2 on my team, 2 on CPU's) after the first quarter alone. The run game seems to be a bit clunky as well- will need to test a few more games to give more detail, however.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2018, 03:25 AM   #262
Rookie

Zilla_zb's Arena

Just finished my first game with the 40-50-50.

2 injury on my team
3 injured on the other.

Those I am accounting for are who stayed out after the game was done, I had the game stop 4 times total for my players who left the game for a bit but came back.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:08 AM   #263
Rookie

Josh, I added some of Matt's considerations to the equation. I played a couple of games with:
- 50-50-50 in MM
- 30-50-50 in CFM
- defensive holding set to 0 (the penalty doesn't exist anyhow)
- illegal block in the back off
- roughing the kicker off

Now, with this setting CPU running game is very good.
The problem switch to my INTs, that are far too many. Defensive backs really play as wide receivers, catching animations are crazy.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:22 AM   #264
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I appreciate everyone wanting to try out the OP with the new patch. Here is my concern:
  1. I was already moving away from it before today's patch
  2. Changes to slider settings can mask patch improvements
So, again, I'd like to ask that people test the same OP Main Menu setup with the following CFM settings:

40 Injury
50 Fatigue
50 Threshold

Also, I really want to get impressions on these settings on All Pro. People seem to like All Madden now, great. I really need AP impressions from people so we can assess if their AM changes spilled-over into AP. Last time EA dumbed-down All Madden was (ironically) on patch 1.07 for Madden 18 and it really jacked-up All Pro for several versions.

Thanks!
I'm not Josh and this is a thread on Josh's sliders. In this quoted message above Josh asks us to test a speficic set and provide feedback on this. Since things seems to variate quite a bit from game to game I'm sure Josh want as big a sample size as possible before tweaking stuff.

Right now there are tons of feedback on all kinds of sliders, settings and difficulty. IMO this clutters the thread quite a bit and makes it it hard to seperate who's using what settings. If Josh is okay with this, then I'm sorry, and will move back to the shadows
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »