Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2018, 12:42 PM   #273
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Hmmm....I'll confess I haven't tried the faster game speeds. I've never been a fan in the past, but I am definitely open given how very different the RPM engine is. Thanks for the idea tommy!
No problem.

It feels like the speed you see on sundays. I couldn’t believe how smooth it was. Had to check settings to see if I changed it. Years past I’ve had success with Very Fast in MM and Very Slow in CFM. Maybe do the exact opposite now. Haven’t tried this yet. So it’d be Very Slow Main Menu and Very Fast in CFM. In years past i noticed this added a certain crispness to this game.

The running back hesitation. Like you, I’m “hesitant” to call it a glitch. But i think it’s part of the One Cut RPM interactio. The rb isn’t completely still, it’s like he’s shuffling his feet, looking for the hole.

2 fixes here:

1. Now with lower tackle and fumble sliders, i dont see this anymore. I wouldn’t touch the tackle slider, but knocking fumble to 5 may fix this. If you move tackle you’ll have to move other buttons, but the Fumble Slider being at 5 shouldn’t have that big of an effect. It’s worth a shot.

2. No slider changes here. Just edits.
When the game came out, I told everybody to turn off high motor and change Takes Hits to Never. Here’s why. The high motor for running backs make them way too over aggressive. They live for contact. If they’re in the open field, they sometimes will look for contact.

Takes hits to Never loosens the rbs up and they’re not so paranoid about fumbling the ball. This helped a lot upon release. Nobody listened. They went to embrace for big hits. That makes them paranoid on blitzes. They freeze. Most of the guys on default rosters are already set to embrace for big hits. That’s why it’s such a big problem.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 08-22-2018, 02:06 PM   #274
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Option 3, which is what I did, is to drop the fatigue slider one notch. With that single change, that hesitation is gone. Couple that fatigue with a lower injury slider (which increases fatigue rate) and you’re in a pretty reasonable spot.

Still intrigued by the faster game speed and how it looks. Will definitely give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-22-2018, 02:10 PM   #275
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Hmmm....I'll confess I haven't tried the faster game speeds. I've never been a fan in the past, but I am definitely open given how very different the RPM engine is. Thanks for the idea tommy!
Quote:
Option 3, which is what I did, is to drop the fatigue slider one notch. With that single change, that hesitation is gone. Couple that fatigue with a lower injury slider (which increases fatigue rate) and you’re in a pretty reasonable spot.

Still intrigued by the faster game speed and how it looks. Will definitely give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I just can’t play with low fatigue. Takes away the randomness of the game for me. I don’t see as many mental errors. To each his own.

Fast speed is at least worth a look. Kind of like a new feature for us slider nerds.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 08-22-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #276
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

1st game in franchise, Bears vs Packers.

Bears had 40 yds rushing on 12 carries, one run was 29 yds by Chase Daniels.

Packers had 90yds rushing, most of it 48 yds by Montgomery. The run felt like he did a Marshawn Lynch in the playoffs run. I'm not sure why, but Montgomery had a 7 yd lead on one of the Bears LB's, #99, caught up to Montgomery and tackled him. I felt like Montgomery was running in quick sand. Not sure if that is the 52 thresh kicking in.

Rodgers had 72% passing with 2 int's and Daniels had 47% passing on 11 of 23. It was a tight game all the way and the Packers defense held onto a 17 to 12 win.

No comeback code with Chase Daniels as QB. lol

Edit- The Bears only ran 12 times during the game, so, hard to judge when the CPU is down in the game. Normally, when the CPU is losing by 3pts or more, they try hard to come back and get back in the game.

Last edited by roadman; 08-22-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:05 PM   #277
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
1st game in franchise, Bears vs Packers.

Bears had 40 yds rushing on 12 carries, one run was 29 yds by Chase Daniels.

Packers had 90yds rushing, most of it 48 yds by Montgomery. The run felt like he did a Marshawn Lynch in the playoffs run. I'm not sure why, but Montgomery had a 7 yd lead on one of the Bears LB's, #99, caught up to Montgomery and tackled him. I felt like Montgomery was running in quick sand. Not sure if that is the 52 thresh kicking in.

Rodgers had 72% passing with 2 int's and Daniels had 47% passing on 11 of 23. It was a tight game all the way and the Packers defense held onto a 17 to 12 win.

No comeback code with Chase Daniels as QB. lol

Edit- The Bears only ran 12 times during the game, so, hard to judge when the CPU is down in the game. Normally, when the CPU is losing by 3pts or more, they try hard to come back and get back in the game.

Not too bad of an outcome Roadman. For that one run with Ty....sounds like fatigue might've kicked-in....this will happen if that energy bar underneath gets depleted (how people play this game with high fatigue is beyond me).
Old 08-22-2018, 08:49 PM   #278
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Yeah, I might have used Ty previously, I didn't think about that.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:35 PM   #279
Rookie

cirespieler's Arena

OVR: 0

Been lurking here for a couple years but figured if I can contribute I will.
Josh I love the approach here that you've taken for the last couple titles, minimal editing to find and keep equilibrium. If only EA's tuning were as meticulous...

Anyhow you work too fast for me and I see you've moved past this, but I did play several games at 40/50/50 as requested, and just want to confirm that the CPU running is garbage, too much Dline penetration and RB hesitation. Often the RB would even run backwards a bit or just stand there waiting to be hit.
Human running is a bit better but to get realistic stats it relies on breaking a huge run, otherwise you are looking at about 2-2.5 ypc. Even with zero turbo the blocks are shed a second or two too quickly.

Everything else is on point though, realistic injuries and amounts, passing looks great, excellent variation in animations and outcomes. Really pleased that the pass rushing isn't totally broken as it was in the past years. Maybe a few too many CPU INTs but it's manageable.

Thanks again, and I'll try a few games with the most recent settings and see if I can add to the feedback.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:39 PM   #280
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Josh, sent you a PM

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »