Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2018, 05:17 AM   #281
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I saw some really, really good CPU running last night with this setup. LeVeon lit me up for 120+ (as a team, Steelers had 160+ yards). Also played against Gio Bernard and he was on-pace for 100+ (around 65 at halftime). There are still moments where you want to yell at the AI (EA is working on it...not an easy fix per Clint), but it is quite solid overall.

I want to give this a long burn; I'm not going to go crazy with tweaking things this year. The base makes sense to me and felt pretty good overall with no roster editing.

ok Josh, here's my feedback: I drove my Bengals to the 2021 playoffs. I have strong defense, much stronger then the OVr says, a young talented strong arm QB, an excellent young OL, Mixon is becoming a top HB and AJ Green is still a threat.

- wild card vs the Jets: they have Bradford as QB, leaving Darnold in the bench after a 2020 so and so. Poor running backs and poor OL resulted in 2,8 YPC. Result: I blew them out as expected.

- division vs. Texans: they have a rookie QB after Watson went to the Colts. He's a balanced QB who did great in the regular season, but played pretty much as a rookie. The running game was so and so, 3,8 YPC including Qb, under a decent OL for M19 standards (that are extremely low). Easy win.

- championship vs. jags: unfortunately for them Fournette got injuried first period. They could still run for 4,5 YPC including a couple of 15+ from Bortles. I really disliked the fact they were still running every second play in the third down 3 scores: much better then previous Madden versions, but still poor clock management from the CPU.

- superbowl vs. Giants. Now Barkley is 98 OVR and can do pretty much everything. Giants also had a big young QB 90+ OVR in all archetypes with excellent receiving weapons.
Barkley ran 5,2 YPC with a monster td run of 15 YDS breaking like 4 tackles and avoiding another couple of dmen. it wasn't enough as the QB didn't perform well.

Now, the problem with whole the thing are my INTs: 15 in the playoffs, only 2 user. INTs and sacks are traditionally unrealistic in Madden by design, you can see it from the goals the DBs have: 7 INTs per season per DB makes no sense.
But this year is much worse as I wrote before because they introduced new animations: I don't want WR DBs.

Luckily I remembered to create a savepoint beginning of the playoffs, so I can replay exactly the same games anytime.
I know you won't agree, but I'm gonna try a 30 INT on user as honestly this way is really not funny and I don't wanna build a poor secondary just because I'm afraid of picking the QB too often... In the end we should still have fun, shouldn't we? :-)

Oh... the game was obviously better before patch

lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 09:18 AM   #282
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Josh & Armour,

are you guys seeing mobile CPU QBs scramble on you in games?

I played against Alex Smith twice and once against Carson Wentz during my "testing", and none of them scrambled. Like, at all.

Now, I have CPU QB ACC at 25 because I s**k at pass defense but I don't think that is the case.

Or is it?
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 08-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #283
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Josh & Armour,

I played against Alex Smith twice and once against Carson Wentz during my "testing", and none of them scrambled. Like, at all.

Now, I have CPU QB ACC at 25 because I s**k at pass defense but I don't think that is the case.

Or is it?
Now that you mention it, I haven't in quite a few games.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-23-2018, 10:03 AM   #284
Just started!

I’ve been playing as a solo player on CFM. Would you still like me to put down the stats of the game? The game was unplayable until I put in your slider.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:58 AM   #285
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

So frustrated with the lack of run game by the computer. Ruining a solid game of football.

Anyone try All Madden with these sliders?

Last edited by Brandwin; 08-23-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #286
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy
I drove my Bengals to the 2021 playoffs.

- wild card vs the Jets:

- superbowl vs. Giants.

lol

My God! This game is really broken!
Old 08-23-2018, 11:24 AM   #287
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
So frustrated with the lack of run game by the computer. Ruining a solid game of football.

I know Josh uses the no slider approach and I have used his model for a few years but this year the sliders actually do a better job. IMO
Old 08-23-2018, 11:25 AM   #288
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy
ok Josh, here's my feedback: I drove my Bengals to the 2021 playoffs. I have strong defense, much stronger then the OVr says, a young talented strong arm QB, an excellent young OL, Mixon is becoming a top HB and AJ Green is still a threat.

- wild card vs the Jets: they have Bradford as QB, leaving Darnold in the bench after a 2020 so and so. Poor running backs and poor OL resulted in 2,8 YPC. Result: I blew them out as expected.

- division vs. Texans: they have a rookie QB after Watson went to the Colts. He's a balanced QB who did great in the regular season, but played pretty much as a rookie. The running game was so and so, 3,8 YPC including Qb, under a decent OL for M19 standards (that are extremely low). Easy win.

- championship vs. jags: unfortunately for them Fournette got injuried first period. They could still run for 4,5 YPC including a couple of 15+ from Bortles. I really disliked the fact they were still running every second play in the third down 3 scores: much better then previous Madden versions, but still poor clock management from the CPU.

- superbowl vs. Giants. Now Barkley is 98 OVR and can do pretty much everything. Giants also had a big young QB 90+ OVR in all archetypes with excellent receiving weapons.
Barkley ran 5,2 YPC with a monster td run of 15 YDS breaking like 4 tackles and avoiding another couple of dmen. it wasn't enough as the QB didn't perform well.

Now, the problem with whole the thing are my INTs: 15 in the playoffs, only 2 user. INTs and sacks are traditionally unrealistic in Madden by design, you can see it from the goals the DBs have: 7 INTs per season per DB makes no sense.
But this year is much worse as I wrote before because they introduced new animations: I don't want WR DBs.

Luckily I remembered to create a savepoint beginning of the playoffs, so I can replay exactly the same games anytime.
I know you won't agree, but I'm gonna try a 30 INT on user as honestly this way is really not funny and I don't wanna build a poor secondary just because I'm afraid of picking the QB too often... In the end we should still have fun, shouldn't we? :-)

Oh... the game was obviously better before patch

lol

Interesting feedback Tizzi. So it sounds like the run game isn't the issue, but really that the user pass defense is too good (a sentiment I share).

Question: on the CPU INTs, is it simply that CPU QBs making poor decisions and forcing too many balls into coverage or is it more a mix of good plays, poor throws, bad decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmagicalGiraffe
I’ve been playing as a solo player on CFM. Would you still like me to put down the stats of the game? The game was unplayable until I put in your slider.

Welcome to the thread. Stats are OK to report, but what I really like are observations. Did anything look 'off' to you? Are there trends that you've seen that concern you? Are there things you particularly liked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin

I have seen no issues with the CPU run game effectiveness (ignoring the odd animation here and there) since this patch dropped. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this a typical concern of yours most years? If so, then yeah, go up to default All Madden (like default all the way MM/CFM sliders, everything - it plays well, just isn't my cup of tea).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Josh & Armour,

Or is it?

I have seen no QB scrambling issues. And my god....get that QB Ability slider off of 25!

(If you need help on pass defense, just turn on ball hawk to generate more of a pass rush).

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-23-2018 at 11:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »