Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #297
Rookie

lawspecter816's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmagicalGiraffe
CPU does run better on 27-49-52. Both games I played , cpu put around 80yds on 20 carries. ( titans and Bills)
User run was good, first half their DL smoked my OL but I was able to open some room in the 2nd half which seems realistic.

I’ve had the issue where the QB breaks out of the pocket but then he will go back to the animation of sitting in the pocket(looking downfield for a open receiver) when he clearly could run for the 1st down. All that results from this is the QB holding the ball until he is hit.
I had the same issues with the QBs. They show good awareness, sliding up in the pocket, scramble to the rright or left - a lot of green infront of them, but they still look upfield while receivers are all covered.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #298
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawspecter816
I had the same issues with the QBs. They show good awareness, sliding up in the pocket, scramble to the rright or left - a lot of green infront of them, but they still look upfield while receivers are all covered.
I had Chase Daniel complete a 29 yd scramble to the left on me.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:01 PM   #299
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

I have seen no QB scrambling issues. And my god....get that QB Ability slider off of 25!

(If you need help on pass defense, just turn on ball hawk to generate more of a pass rush).
1) Josh, regarding CPU QB ACC slider, here's a question probably as stupid as it is simple: WHY? (I mean, really.)

2) regarding ballhawk: are you seriously saying that having ballhawk "on" improves pass rush? Not questioning you at all, but I never heard anyone mention it before and would never ever think about that connection myself... OMG...
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 08-23-2018, 07:18 PM   #300
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
1) Josh, regarding CPU QB ACC slider, here's a question probably as stupid as it is simple: WHY? (I mean, really.)

2) regarding ballhawk: are you seriously saying that having ballhawk "on" improves pass rush? Not questioning you at all, but I never heard anyone mention it before and would never ever think about that connection myself... OMG...

1. Not stupid, it's just that lowering QBA has historically had a deleterious affect on QB AI....particularly on All Pro. They can get very passive at times, sticking to short stuff or taking sacks left and right. All Madden can be a different story, but even there, I tend to shy away from massive changes.
2. Yup It has a tendency to improve the block shed rates. Other settings/sliders can mute the effect, but it is quite apparent when you leave other settings alone at default.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:29 PM   #301
Pro

Executor's Arena

Josh, one more thing:

I know you like the CPU running game within your current set but I was thinking the other day what can be done - save for RB edits, which I will never do - to get CPU RBs run more straightforward without all those unnecessary spins and jukes. And similarily to your idea about adjusting injury sliders (and fatigue) so that the RBs worry more about getting hurt (did I get this right?), I wondered what can we do with sliders to get the RBs feel less THREATENED on the field, which in turn might lead them to making less jukes and spins? And I think there are two obvious and one questionable answers:

1) raise CPU run blocking
2) decrease USER tackling
(both of 'em not necessarily by much)

...and 3) lower threshold (e.g. to 25?)

My thinking here is that if raising threshold "tightens" the game, lowering it logically opens it up - which might lead CPU RBs to believe they have more space to run, and thus will run more decisively / straightforward.

What do you think?
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

Last edited by Executor; 08-23-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 07:40 PM   #302
Pro

Executor's Arena

Quote:
1. Not stupid, it's just that lowering QBA has historically had a deleterious affect on QB AI....particularly on All Pro. They can get very passive at times, sticking to short stuff or taking sacks left and right. All Madden can be a different story, but even there, I tend to shy away from massive changes.
2. Yup It has a tendency to improve the block shed rates. Other settings/sliders can mute the effect, but it is quite apparent when you leave other settings alone at default.
1) unfortunately, CPU kills me even with 25 setting, they go deep, the dink and dunk, they audible... in Madden 18 after all those patches they also scrambled left and right... and hey, all my sacks are hard earned Geez, I guess I must really s**k.

2) does ballhawk "on" improve the cpu pass rush, too?
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

Old 08-23-2018, 08:28 PM   #303
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
1) unfortunately, CPU kills me even with 25 setting, they go deep, the dink and dunk, they audible... in Madden 18 after all those patches they also scrambled left and right... and hey, all my sacks are hard earned Geez, I guess I must really s**k.

2) does ballhawk "on" improve the cpu pass rush, too?

That's my point, 25 doesn't necessarily make it easier....

2. Yes, assists impact both teams.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:28 PM   #304
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
1) Thats definitely not the case on All Madden ( EA somehow fixed this, probably by mistake) I have it on 10 for CPU and they will air it out and pick you apart. Anything above that everyone is Tom Brady because of the boosting. FWIW

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 08-23-2018 at 08:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »