Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-24-2018, 01:18 AM   #305
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Just played Chiefs @ Chargers (me) and here's a couple observations I had.

CPU Running: I see what people mean by the RBs juking a lot. I necessarily did not mind it. Every time Hunt made a juke, either in the backfield or in open space, he was trying to get away from a defender. Still ended up with 115 on the day so I'm okay with that.

Coverage: It's too good on either side, moresore for the user. 9 INTs betwen both teams is a lot (granted a couple for me were because of bad reads). The coverage also led to a lot of sacks (11 total, 6 by KC), but at least on my end it could be a combo of not having that good of a line with the coverage, which should lead to sacks. I'm playing with ThatFranchiseGuy's roster so I'm not deep in the trench with this one until I play against more QBs not making their 2nd ever start.

Injuries: This is the one that's tough, because it's the main slider that's giving me what I feel is the most enjoyable games I've played on Madden in awhile due to its effect on the gameplay. People are dropping like flies, and it's not late in the game but early. I don't know how you balance it out to keep the game playing well, but it's something that may need looking at.

Those are my three biggest takeaways so far. Not much needs to be done, just fine tuning right now (until we get the one patch that throws everything out the window).

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 04:35 AM   #306
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Interesting feedback Tizzi. So it sounds like the run game isn't the issue, but really that the user pass defense is too good (a sentiment I share).

Question: on the CPU INTs, is it simply that CPU QBs making poor decisions and forcing too many balls into coverage or is it more a mix of good plays, poor throws, bad decisions?

Sorry Josh, I missed this post.

I did analyse every single INT on replay and I can put it in three categories (random order):

1- CPU QB stuck with a specific receiver. Now this was a problem also last year: with some route, f.i. the TE crossing, some QBs throw to the specific receiver no matter what. So as I user the MLB it's really easy to cover and lurk;

2- superman DBs. As I said there are new animations this year for DBs (or are much more frequent): backward jumping, hyperdive, route breaks from far away. In general DBs play to catch instead of defending first;

3- throw to the champion, no matter what: teams with star receiver far too often throw to the star even in double or triple coverage on key plays.

Now, I can accept this from rookies and poor QBs, but the same happened to Brady, Big Ben, Ryan and Rodgers... c'mon. Brady and Rodgers are single digit INTs in most of their seasons.

So, with 30 INT the problem disappear due to the fact that I have much more drops from DBs which is what actually happens in real football and picks still exist but are pretty much rating-based.
It's true, it comes with a looser coverage, but I can stand it. What I really like is much less frequent WR animations on DBs.
On the other side lurking requires perfect timing, but this is also rating-based: finally it seems that AWR and PRC have some kind of meaning also for user defenders.

On the other side even before the INT slider change CPU running was extremely good with your combination. Probably a bit too easy now for me to run, but I have an excellent HB with excellent OL, so it's fine.

A note on running: trap and toss are the best runs in the game, but unfortunatly the CPU doesn't call them frequently. This can be a reason for lower-then-expected stats.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:32 AM   #307
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy
Sorry Josh, I missed this post.

I did analyse every single INT on replay and I can put it in three categories (random order):

1- CPU QB stuck with a specific receiver. Now this was a problem also last year: with some route, f.i. the TE crossing, some QBs throw to the specific receiver no matter what. So as I user the MLB it's really easy to cover and lurk;

2- superman DBs. As I said there are new animations this year for DBs (or are much more frequent): backward jumping, hyperdive, route breaks from far away. In general DBs play to catch instead of defending first;

3- throw to the champion, no matter what: teams with star receiver far too often throw to the star even in double or triple coverage on key plays.

Now, I can accept this from rookies and poor QBs, but the same happened to Brady, Big Ben, Ryan and Rodgers... c'mon. Brady and Rodgers are single digit INTs in most of their seasons.

So, with 30 INT the problem disappear due to the fact that I have much more drops from DBs which is what actually happens in real football and picks still exist but are pretty much rating-based.
It's true, it comes with a looser coverage, but I can stand it. What I really like is much less frequent WR animations on DBs.
On the other side lurking requires perfect timing, but this is also rating-based: finally it seems that AWR and PRC have some kind of meaning also for user defenders.

On the other side even before the INT slider change CPU running was extremely good with your combination. Probably a bit too easy now for me to run, but I have an excellent HB with excellent OL, so it's fine.

A note on running: trap and toss are the best runs in the game, but unfortunatly the CPU doesn't call them frequently. This can be a reason for lower-then-expected stats.
Youíre right on about the toss sweep. Man, itís a thing of beauty when the cpu runs that play. Only team iíve Seen run it consistently is the Falcons with Freeman.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 08-24-2018, 11:55 AM   #308
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Morning guys!

I've got a team of guys working with me behind the scenes to hammer out some sample size. Now, I am not going to officially update the OP right now, but as it is Friday and people will have more time to play, I'm going to put it here.

We're going back to basics. Remember the "balanced slider set" I posted in the M18 thread? It's BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!!

I really did not think this would fly on M19. Indeed, I did not like it at all before the last patch. I put the idea to bed, but then the patch....

So, with this patch, I love the outcomes on the current OP....I HATE the animations, just way too much warping. I honestly thought it was a patch issue until I tried the "balanced slider set" again. It is "as smooth as a (insert colorful metaphor)"....another year, another Madden where default rules. Gameplay is balanced (and overall, is fantastic) - I see no issues in going with this approach.

Elephant in the room, injuries. This is what you will typically see with this setup based on observations of myself and the team. You will see 3-4 short duration (i.e. return to game injuries/1-2 quarter length), then maybe 1-2 more longer length (usually game-enders). If you run your guys into the ground and wear them out, you'll likely see more. Guys....100% honesty, I have ZERO issues with this distribution....you see way more guys get nicked-up in the game and come back than game enders. If anything, this is more realistic (IMO) than what people are seeing with significantly lower injury slider values. If this bothers you....walk away now, lol

So, below is a "re-post" of the balanced slider set....I'll update the M19-specific one when I update the OP.

So, why am I not adding this to the OP? Simply, I want to test out one proposed variant this evening and decide if it is worth exploring further.
Attached Images
File Type: png Balanced Slider Set.png (63.2 KB, 280 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Balanced Slider Set.pdf (62.0 KB, 301 views)
Old 08-24-2018, 06:01 PM   #309
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Is it still your thought that playing with 15 minute quarters and a play clock runoff changes how the game plays?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-24-2018, 06:12 PM   #310
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Iíve been low key playing with peoples sliders most notably yours, armor and swords and matt10 and I believe firmly madden 19 was meant to play with all defaults with very minor tweaks with threshold, injury and fatigue. Josh youíre onto something here. Iíll get back to you later right now Iím at work but excited to see your update
Old 08-24-2018, 06:25 PM   #311
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Iíve been low key playing with peoples sliders most notably yours, armor and swords and matt10 and I believe firmly madden 19 was meant to play with all defaults with very minor tweaks with threshold, injury and fatigue. Josh youíre onto something here. Iíll get back to you later right now Iím at work but excited to see your update

Though not really a Slider Set, Iíve been playing all defaults since the big aha moment with M18. For me though, itís more because I second guess results when sliders are adjusted even a little bit.

Iím using 12 min quarters w/ 20 sec run off. I even have the injuries set to the default 10 in my CFM but I may change that to 50 since when you reset it goes to 50 and not 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 07:24 PM   #312
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Is it still your thought that playing with 15 minute quarters and a play clock runoff changes how the game plays?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

I haven't tested it...Armor seems to think it's OK.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »