Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2018, 03:18 PM   #329
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 8,960
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Stats from my first game of my Browns franchise. The game is captured under my Twitch past broadcasts. It was an absolute nail biter and my chance of winning evaporated on a ball-jarring hit on Tyrod Taylor on the Steelers 1 yard line with about 20 seconds left.


(only 4 total injuries the whole game...)


Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Pittsburgh Steelers ()73010--20
Cleveland Browns ()3077--17
Team Stats Comparison
PITCLE
Total Offense336362
Rushing Yards33-12632-136
Passing Yards15-26-210-1-216-29-226-1-2
First Downs1615
Punt Return Yards00
Kick Return Yards5642
Total Yards392404
Turnovers33
3rd Down Conversion66
4th Down Conversion01
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals100%100%
Penalties3010
Posession Time15:4820:12
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 03:25 PM   #330
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 8,960
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
Hey josh idk if this was ever asked but is it ok using iMacs roster set up? You know turning high motor off and all that? Itís what I been using but havenít heard anything bad from it but just was curious

I don't really care for it with this set unless you're going to try these sliders out on All Madden. Most of the things it is intended to "Fix" are already in really good shape thanks to this setup. The times I've used it, I felt it played very "soft".


I stand by my nominal recommendation of using the game's default roster.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 03:25 PM   #331
Rookie
 
PotterB33's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Wow, never have seen injuries like that...like EVER. You doing an online CFM per chance?


Also: please confirm you set the opening post setup exactly....main menu and CFM settings.
hey i agree with Matty, plays great but im getting similar amount of injuries, i had to play my FB at HB but it didn't matter any way because both user/cpu run blocking has been absent. which is the only other thing im not liking besides the 5 INTs i throw/game lol

i even deleted profile and started new offline CFM using def 65 ps roster
thanks
PotterB33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2018, 03:39 PM   #332
I hate you Norv
 
tdawg3782's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,719
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Got one game in with OP set in my 49ers CFM. Came back from being down all game to tie it at 16 with under a minute in the 4th. Went to OT. They scored a FG to put the pressure on me. Had to convert two big 4th down plays to stay alive. Scored a TD on a sick out patter. I say the safety crashing hard to the sideline as my WR caught the ball. He was basically planted so I figured lets try a spin and see if he can shake the guy. It was perfect timing, the safety completely wiffed, and I strolled in for a TD and the ball game. Freaking awesome. I was streaming from my XBox to my PC and it doesn't allow you to record videos. So pissed about that. Jimmy G balled. My first game I won 9-6 lol.

One game. Small sample size. But it played great Josh.
tdawg3782 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 03:41 PM   #333
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 8,960
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterB33
hey i agree with Matty, plays great but im getting similar amount of injuries, i had to play my FB at HB but it didn't matter any way because both user/cpu run blocking has been absent. which is the only other thing im not liking besides the 5 INTs i throw/game lol

i even deleted profile and started new offline CFM using def 65 ps roster
thanks

(shrugs shoulders)


I have yet to see a game like this.



All I can say is make sure that the Main Menu injury slider is set to 50 - this is critical!


This is what I do (note: I have not done a profile reset since the patch dropped...and honestly, that seemed to cause more harm than good until I rebooted the game).


In main menu
  1. I set clock settings to 9 min and no acc clock
  2. Set difficulty to all pro
  3. turn off auto flip play and ball hawk
  4. set injuries to 50
Start Offline CFM
  1. Select 75 man preseason roster
  2. Align settings with main menu during setup
  3. pick my character (I've tested with both stock and created coaches and owners)
  4. start in regular season for year 1 (though I have started in preseason too)
In CFM
  1. I go to sliders page and hit reset button
That's it! It's as simple as can be.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 03:46 PM   #334
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,379
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
(shrugs shoulders)


I have yet to see a game like this.



All I can say is make sure that the Main Menu injury slider is set to 50 - this is critical!


This is what I do (note: I have not done a profile reset since the patch dropped...and honestly, that seemed to cause more harm than good until I rebooted the game).


In main menu
  1. I set clock settings to 9 min and no acc clock
  2. Set difficulty to all pro
  3. turn off auto flip play and ball hawk
  4. set injuries to 50
Start Offline CFM
  1. Select 75 man preseason roster
  2. Align settings with main menu during setup
  3. pick my character (I've tested with both stock and created coaches and owners)
  4. start in regular season for year 1 (though I have started in preseason too)
In CFM
  1. I go to sliders page and hit reset button
That's it! It's as simple as can be.
Question sir, what is the reasoning behind play flipped being turned off.

This could be why the Bears had negative yardage against me. Dang, I'm going to do another reset and see if it plays differently.
__________________
#norespectnonews
#ignoreoptionworkswell
#worktogethernotdivisive
#showmedonttellme
#youarepartoftheproblem
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 03:51 PM   #335
Pro
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterB33
hey i agree with Matty, plays great but im getting similar amount of injuries, i had to play my FB at HB but it didn't matter any way because both user/cpu run blocking has been absent. which is the only other thing im not liking besides the 5 INTs i throw/game lol

i even deleted profile and started new offline CFM using def 65 ps roster
thanks



JoshC1977:


While my lab has not played your sliders for 400 plus quarters like was done for the "Wiz set", I did have one of my peeps run your NCAA 14 "all default" sliders that you recently suggested. I just texted him to get feedback and he indicated that he was able to play 12 quarters and in his opinion, the game play is smooth, but injuries are on the high side, especially injuries of the more serious variety. Since the only other set I can compare your suggestions to is the "Wiz set", the "Wiz set" does have 3-4 injuries per game, the serious injury variety pop up every 12 to 16 quarters. I originally expected that with INJ slider set at 42 in CFM I would see a cataclysmic amount of injuries, the opposite was actually true. While not definitive yet, I think there is some "BACKWARD/REVERSED SLIDER EFFECT" going on possibly. Just some thoughts to process....


Wiz...out.
MarketingWiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2018, 06:13 PM   #336
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 8,960
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
JoshC1977:


While my lab has not played your sliders for 400 plus quarters like was done for the "Wiz set", I did have one of my peeps run your NCAA 14 "all default" sliders that you recently suggested. I just texted him to get feedback and he indicated that he was able to play 12 quarters and in his opinion, the game play is smooth, but injuries are on the high side, especially injuries of the more serious variety. Since the only other set I can compare your suggestions to is the "Wiz set", the "Wiz set" does have 3-4 injuries per game, the serious injury variety pop up every 12 to 16 quarters. I originally expected that with INJ slider set at 42 in CFM I would see a cataclysmic amount of injuries, the opposite was actually true. While not definitive yet, I think there is some "BACKWARD/REVERSED SLIDER EFFECT" going on possibly. Just some thoughts to process....


Wiz...out.

I don't think anything is flipped at all to be honest.


It's one of three things:
- people are not following the OP to the letter

- an unknown trigger of some sort yet to be identified.
- these are scattered incidents in which I have yet to encounter (I've gotten a good chunk of games in; so it seems less likely that I have been "lucky" for that long if it is indeed more pervasive)


To all....all i can say is to follow the OP EXACTLY as I have outlined. Making assumptions that something is a "personal preference" may have untoward effects....autoflip is a great example..it's off in the OP, it should be off when you play, otherwise you run the risk of jacking things up (I definitely think it has the potential to mess-up the AI - plus it forces the user to make pre-snap reads quickly).

Until I can replicate the outcome, there is nothing I can do....


Edit: OP setup updated to reflect that none of the settings are optional and to highlight the autoflip play as a "non-default" setting.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-25-2018 at 06:18 PM.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 AM.

Top -