Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-28-2018, 08:44 AM   #417
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

I completely reset my profile, then put everything in place as mentioned in the OP. First game in I had 3 RBs injured within the 1st half, none of them had more than 6 carries. Had to finish the game with my 4th stringer and a FB at RB.

The CPU team had 5 guys injured in that game, 3 of them longer injuries (4-8 weeks).

I've yet to play a game with the OP setup in which my RB doesn't get hurt.

Apart from the injuries, CPU running game remains an issue. CPU couldn't run at all. Huge difference to the former setup. In the current setup I can just force the CPU into 3rd & long every drive because they just can't run.

I'm going back to the 27/49/52 setup until there's a new update - not only because of those injuries but also because of better gameplay from the CPU.

@Josh: This is in no way meant to criticise your work. I've used your sliders in Madden and NCAA for years and I view you as the slider-god. It's just this current setup that doesn't seem to work for me.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:57 AM   #418
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

There is some division here in observations....people who's observations match mine and those who do not.

I changed the OP format (as you can see below) to clarify what to do for CFM. This is NOT a change to the set, but I want everyone to at least do what I am doing. I have lingering doubts and questions and need to control variables. How people enter the CFM values is a variable that MAY OR MAY NOT matter.

Note: I am disregarding all previous injury-related observations at this time except those where people explicitly stated that they had hit reset in CFM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slider set 28Aug2018.JPG (110.5 KB, 223 views)
Old 08-28-2018, 11:30 AM   #419
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OK....so I played around last night some more.

To my eyes, nothing will match the fluidity and feel of setting everything across the board to 50 (including the injury sliders). I'm EXTREMELY hesitant to go away from it; which is why I really do want to understand what people are seeing and why....I need REAL sample size and I need variables controlled.

By the way, Arcade mode with the OP plays a really fun and tough game of football. It doesn't feel nearly as imbalanced as it did last year. It also seems to reduce injury frequencies (it sadly also reduces the few penalties we do see on Sim).
Old 08-28-2018, 11:39 AM   #420
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Gotta confess, this surprised even me.....the last table....wow.

https://www.playsmartplaysafe.com/ne...7-injury-data/

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-28-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:40 PM   #421
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Josh, I will be hitting the Packers vs Vikings for the next testing game in CFM.

Results will follow and I will use this post to report the main results we care about.
#showmedonttellme
#youarepartoftheproblem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 01:12 PM   #422
Rookie

jackw's Arena

OVR: 4

Iíve been picking suggested plays with the strategy icon and it has helped a lot. Keeps me from going to my go to plays. Once I start my CFM next week I will post results. Iím loving it so far Josh.
FIGHT FOR OLD D.C.!
Old 08-28-2018, 03:15 PM   #423
Rookie

OVR: 4

Anyone tried these with Imacs trait edit roster?
Old 08-28-2018, 03:16 PM   #424
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

After playing several games with the default All Pro sliders, I got to say, this is the way Madden was meant to play. It's got balance.

If anyone wants to experience the gameplay like I do, set your offensive cam before the game to All Wide 22 and Defense to Defense Cam.

In Defense, control the CB opposite of the star WR and highlight the star WR. In 3 WR sets or more, use coverage plays based on downs. So if 1st, 2nd and long, use Man 2, Cover 2 etc. When you see the QB under the Center, audible for a blitz and adjust your line and lb accordingly.

In Offense, if you're going to run and you're seeing green to the space you're running in, switch to Broadcast cam. Don't use turbo but keep the stick pressured to where you're running to and run accordingly.

If you're seeing red, switch back to All 22 cam and pass accordingly.

This way of gaming is very enjoyable for me as I'm not seeing a set camera which kind of makes the game dull for me playing throughout. Not to mention, the AI seems to react differently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »