Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2018, 03:24 PM   #425
Rookie

Superreds's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Hi Josh

Played another game in my Bengals CFM.

Against the Ravens.

I did everything as posted in OP.

This time I had 4 or 5 injuries during the game, but only two of them are out for more than that game.

I lost Bobby Hart (RT 64 OVR) for 5 weeks and Cordy Glenn (LT 80 OVR) for 6 weeks.

I won the game 33-30. Should have lost, but my defense kept me in it, and a big 82 yards run by rookie Mark Walton Jr (Eric Weddle got juked real bad - might have broken his ankels!) and a big 69 yard pass to John Ross to set me up for the game winning FG. He caught it in the flat, the CB missed the tackle and I made a spin move on the SS making him miss. The FS caught him at the 5 yard line.

I was intercepted 5 times. One was a LB jumping a grapping it mid air - other ones was just poor play by me. I was sacked 6 times. But my offensive linje is not good. I fumbled one time when sacked.

Joe Flacco was 24 of 34 for 276 yards , 1 TD and 1 int(returned for a TD)

I sacked him 4 times and one ended in a fumble recovered by me.

The CPU rushing is the biggest issue. They did have some runs for longer gains (14 and 29 yards) but to many for a loss or very little yardage.

Here are the CPU RB stats;

J.Allen 16 att, 49 yards, 3,1 avg. (longest 14)
K. Dixon 4 att, 26 yards, 6,5 avg.(longest 29)
A. Collins 8 att, 13 yards, 1,6 avg.(longest 5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 03:37 PM   #426
Rookie

ulua's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If you have a big lead like that, the CPU will be in catch up mode and try to pass on you all game long.

The Panthers ranked 16th in rushing defense last season, so, they were about the middle of the pack in that area.

My guess is if this was a closer game, Zeke and the OL of the Cowboys might have taken over. There are many variables of games that over ride the stats of the games.

My game was the complete opposite of yours, the Bears rushed for 89 yds and the Packers only had 39 yds, but the Packers lost Montgomery for the game and had to play catch up the whole game. I abandoned the run in the 2nd half and relied on Rodgers.

Aloha Roadman,

Appreciate your reply and feedback, much appreciated.
I understand the variable games, but for me there is nor variable games, this has been going on from my prior CFM, then I decided to do a total reset and try again and same outcome. My DE on run plays are alway in the back field untouched, no matter who I play, and so last night I did a reply on a few of them and noticed some wonky play by CPU tackle.

In my Car Vs. Dal. game last night when they abandoned the run game in the first quarter the game was close 6-3 me, the huge lead did not take place till mid 3rd. I'm not sure if they just gave up on the run due to my DE always being in the back field untouched.

1 example is what I posted in my previous post where the OT should have
blocked the DE and OG should have blocked the DT, but for some odd reason the CPU decided to have the OT double team the DT and let my
DE in untouched.

another example, I was playing against ATL. this time I had an OLB on the line on the left OT and my safety on the line just behind the the OLB, the play was ran to that side to the outside, my OLB did not attack right away he paused for a split second to read the play, my safety blitzed, and the OT went wonky he didn't know who to pick up, he was doing some funky slide to the left and right and back peddling at the same time, it seemed he was going for the safety then decided to go for the OLB, then back to the safety then eventually picking up the OLB allowing the safety to make the play in the back field. this one is hard to explain.

for me I'm seeing some weird animation by the OT

My setup is exactly as Josh posted. not sure what is going on,
from what i am reading most are having good games on both sides of the ball.

maybe I need to just delete the entire game from my system and reinstall it?

I also have a question for initial setup when the game is first installed.
I pick All Pro, Sim, then it asks what level of play your are, does this part make a difference as to how the game would play? which one should I choose?

Mahalo,
ulua

Last edited by ulua; 08-28-2018 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:52 PM   #427
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Anyone tried these with Imacs trait edit roster?

I have; I do not recommend them for THIS SET on All Pro. For people using imbalanced sliders, they have more utility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulua
I also have a question for initial setup when the game is first installed.
I pick All Pro, Sim, then it asks what level of play your are, does this part make a difference as to how the game would play? which one should I choose?

It doesn't matter; but FWIW, I initially selected mine to All Pro, Sim....
Old 08-28-2018, 04:33 PM   #428
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Anyone tried these with Imacs trait edit roster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I have; I do not recommend them for THIS SET on All Pro. For people using imbalanced sliders, they have more utility.
I was going to ask the same, more so that the RB edits. The lack of computer rushing game on all pro is killing this game for me. In all Madden they put up good numbers but too many other things that I don't care for. I may try the RB edits and just see if I can get the computer to run at all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-28-2018, 05:09 PM   #429
Pro

OVR: 0

Josh, for the new August 28 set, in cfm , do we have reset the slider settings every game, or once? And should we reset Madden profile now?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-28-2018, 05:21 PM   #430
Rookie

ulua's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
There is some division here in observations....people who's observations match mine and those who do not.

I changed the OP format (as you can see below) to clarify what to do for CFM. This is NOT a change to the set, but I want everyone to at least do what I am doing. I have lingering doubts and questions and need to control variables. How people enter the CFM values is a variable that MAY OR MAY NOT matter.

Note: I am disregarding all previous injury-related observations at this time except those where people explicitly stated that they had hit reset in CFM.
Aloha Josh,

Just checking:

Do we still use 50 across the board for CFM setting? or do we use the default that the game came with? CFM INJ/FAT/Thresh are not shown in this set anymore

Thanks
Old 08-28-2018, 05:38 PM   #431
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulua
Aloha Josh,
Just checking:

Do we still use 50 across the board for CFM setting? or do we use the default that the game came with? CFM INJ/FAT/Thresh are not shown in this set anymore

Thanks

Just hit the reset button in CFM....its all 50....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan89
Josh, for the new August 28 set, in cfm , do we have reset the slider settings every game, or once? And should we reset Madden profile now?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

As it says.... PRIOR TO EACH GAME

...and as I said in my post....this is not a change to the slider set....

(so no profile deletion needed....frankly, I wouldn't even bother with them)

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-28-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 05:47 PM   #432
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

For the run game issues, I refer to something MarketingWiz posted in his thread (and I 100% agree with the sentiment):

I urge all true Madden fans to take them for a spin, but simply remember, play as true NFL tactician, use proper play calling logic that you would typically see on your 70" flatty on Sunday's. Just as a rule of thumb, for 2017 the NFL average for 5 man blitzes was approx. 26%. Four man rush was the norm, coming in at 66% of the time. Three man rushes accounted for 8% of all calls.

So if every time you are on defense, you dial up a five man blitz on at least one of the three downs you have, you are blitzing approx. 33% of the time, and that is approximately 25% above the NFL norm. At this rate, it is NO WONDER that your CPU running numbers would blow. Just sayin'....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »