Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 09-01-2018, 02:16 PM   #473
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Taking a different approach here. I wanted to see if we could make a lower injury value work. They still come and your depth will still be challenged, but I think this works well. I like the vibe from these...good animations, matchups still matter a lot (actually, they matter more than people want to acknowledge).

Now, people will want to ask what the autosubs do....ok, just don't, lol. I really tested these out initially as a blanket 65/85 setup and then backed-off when seeing some over-the-top animations. I will say this, the one key is the OL autosub value with the 40 injury slider. When you drop the injury slider below 40, the o-linemen want to "bomb downfield" as quick as possible. The revised value helps them to engage longer and stick more to their areas instead of running around trying hyperactively trying to make the next block.

As always, use these EXACTLY as posted below and on the OP.

Enjoy guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 09-01-18 sliders.JPG (140.6 KB, 286 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 09-01-18 sliders.pdf (60.4 KB, 271 views)
Old 09-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #474
Rookie

OVR: 2

How can the sub in/out values change the way offensive linemen behave? I cannot imagine the developers coded this game such that that variable changes anything but the threshold subs go in or out. What would be the reason?
Old 09-01-2018, 04:50 PM   #475
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Taking a different approach here. I wanted to see if we could make a lower injury value work. They still come and your depth will still be challenged, but I think this works well. I like the vibe from these...good animations, matchups still matter a lot (actually, they matter more than people want to acknowledge).

Now, people will want to ask what the autosubs do....ok, just don't, lol. I really tested these out initially as a blanket 65/85 setup and then backed-off when seeing some over-the-top animations. I will say this, the one key is the OL autosub value with the 40 injury slider. When you drop the injury slider below 40, the o-linemen want to "bomb downfield" as quick as possible. The revised value helps them to engage longer and stick more to their areas instead of running around trying hyperactively trying to make the next block.

Enjoy guys!

I didn't have the courage to touch the sutosubs, but injuries... I was exactly at the same.
I begin to understand :-)

But there are still some AI troubles, even if I'm afraid there's no chance to change it: runners don't hit clear holes even if they just have to run straight and QBs far too often goes to covered receivers.

Tnx anyhow, ready for the playoff.

Would you expect gameplay changes with 10 min?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2018, 04:52 PM   #476
MVP

OVR: 19

Digging through things on the PC side, came across some interesting information.

Per Clint and other dev's, we know they've solidified All-Pro as the "Default" setting they tune from.

Since All-Pro is the "Default" level, it just caught my eye when I pulled this info about Gameplay Sliders.

schema name="SkillSlider" numMembers="10" assetId="6218" isRecordPersistent="true">

attribute name="DefaultValue" idx="0" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="Fumbles" idx="1" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="Interceptions" idx="2" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="PassBlocking" idx="3" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="PassCoverage" idx="4" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="PassDefenseReactionTime" idx="5" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="QBAccuracy" idx="6" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="RunBlocking" idx="7" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="Tackling" idx="8" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="WRCatching" idx="9" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />

schema name="SpecialTeamSlider" numMembers="6" assetId="6217" isRecordPersistent="true">

attribute name="DefaultValue" idx="0" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="50" />
attribute name="FGAccuracy" idx="1" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="50" />
attribute name="FGPower" idx="2" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="50" />
attribute name="KickoffPower" idx="3" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="50" />
attribute name="PuntAccuracy" idx="4" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="50" />
attribute name="PuntPower" idx="5" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="50" />

Some info in these files that really open up understanding about the game....

1) Look at AWR rating as the main "Intelligence Slider"
AI QB's
- bump their AWR up to a min "93" and watch
Old 09-01-2018, 05:00 PM   #477
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
< snip >
Man....if you find anything in there about what ratings each slider modifies, any chance you could share it? This seems to be treading really close to that. Some are obvious, others (like pass coverage/reaction time) aren't.

No doubt in my mind about the source btw, now that I've seen the stuff in the modding thread.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:12 PM   #478
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I added the old setup back in as an "Alternate" setup.

To be honest; injuries be darned, there are a lot of things I really like about it. Plus, it is likely to be more "patch resistant". Frankly, I'm really torn what I will personally use.

The fact I'm torn suggests that we're not done tinkering just yet
Old 09-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #479
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JosehC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

I was one of those who wasnt seeing a major issue with the number of injuries with the previous set when following the op instructions and playing with a sim approach. I find the injury issues in the game are in the fact most multi game injuries are too long. Instead of seeing more day to day or week to week it seems like a blanket 5+ weeks. This is a dev issue not a settings issue. After a few games on the new settings I agree with Josh in that it seems there is a happy middle ground that isn't quite there yet. Having fun looking for it though!
Old 09-01-2018, 09:48 PM   #480
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

Enjoy guys!

OK Mr. JoshC1977's.... Now I know you have a plant in my lab!!!

Dude, are you serious?!?!? My V.2 is doing precisely the same thing, DROPPING the INJ slider down!!

Bravo.... Interested to see your take on the play... I got way behind with last minute emergencies at work and football drafts, so I am behind on dropping V.2...

Wiz....out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »