Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While It’s On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 09-03-2018, 12:17 PM   #497
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMac2307
This is very interesting.

I did the 'All 75' test and the game was a bit wonky for me. I had a CB jump a curl route in a way that felt very cheesy and Mariota was 10/10 for 105 yards after 1Q. Game felt too imbalanced.

I was however really impressed by his poise in the pocket. He stepped up and away from pressure really well. I would be interested to know what was causing this because one of my biggest hates with Madden QB play is how they at times react to pressure and run around aimlessly.

My thoughts are it's one of the following:

• QB AWR set to 93
• Pass protection being better, thus making them sense the pocket better
• The QB slider is more than just an accuracy slider

Not looking to hijack the thread with anything further, so I'll leave my contribution there and if anyone wants to elaborate on that, feel free to PM me.
QB ACC controls qb awareness more than qb accuracy. It does have an effect on accuracy, but it feels more like AI. Now The pass block slider in tandem with the pass coverage slider seems to effect completions more than anything.

Pass cover is more of a pass rush slider. Crank qb acc to 81 and see how smart they are. 81 is the number where they start playing human and they still miss some throws. You just gotta get pass block/pass cover right.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-03-2018, 01:09 PM   #498
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
This is really interesting. Anyone else give this any play? Would it matter if playing on pro, all pro, or all madden?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

I did try the "all 75". Wasn't a fan...tackling was very binary (sorry, binary implies two...and that is wrong as it was the single tackle animation over and over) and I saw some really bad super-human INTs.

One plus, CPU QB AI was nice; albeit a bit tad too good for my taste.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:29 PM   #499
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I did try the "all 75". Wasn't a fan...tackling was very binary (sorry, binary implies two...and that is wrong as it was the single tackle animation over and over) and I saw some really bad super-human INTs.

One plus, CPU QB AI was nice; albeit a bit tad too good for my taste.
Inverting tackle to 25 may do the trick with everything else at 75. Probably knocking pass block in the 50 to 60 range will balance out the too good CPU QB AI. Also the run game seems better when qb Acc is 66+. The qb gets the offense into better plays. Lot more audibling and more of a chess game if you get the settings right.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 09-03-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:40 PM   #500
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Inverting tackle to 25 may do the trick with everything else at 75. Probably knocking pass block in the 50 to 60 range will balance out the too good CPU QB AI.

Interpreting the code differently, I ran an "all 25" as well and it certainly helped the tackling physics. Sadly passing accuracy and catching was reminiscent of a High School team, lol.

But lowering tackling relative to everything = BAD. Block shed will go to crap, RBs will be overpowered, just everything will be ridiculously overpowered.

(Why I don't deal with gameplay sliders...too many affects. Give me about 5 times as many sliders and then I will adjust them when the effects are more granular. It isn't worth it now.)
Old 09-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #501
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Streaming for a bit on Twitch....something familiar, yet different

http://www.twitch.tv/joshc77
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #502
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
September 1, 2018: Version 4.0 Posted (Post-patch 1.07)
Josh, admittedly I've only been intermittently following the thread. I've played what I'd call a "minimal" amount, but been relatively pleased with what I've seen.

With that said, is there any reason to NOT move on in to starting a franchise? Are there any GLARING issues as of the current set?
Old 09-03-2018, 01:49 PM   #503
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Josh, admittedly I've only been intermittently following the thread. I've played what I'd call a "minimal" amount, but been relatively pleased with what I've seen.

With that said, is there any reason to NOT move on in to starting a franchise? Are there any GLARING issues as of the current set?

I'd advise anyone that when you find something that works for you, go for it. I get very picky on certain things (animation speed variances) that don't bother others. Do what works for you.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #504
MVP

Quote:
Interpreting the code differently, I ran an "all 25" as well and it certainly helped the tackling physics. Sadly passing accuracy and catching was reminiscent of a High School team, lol.

But lowering tackling relative to everything = BAD. Block shed will go to crap, RBs will be overpowered, just everything will be ridiculously overpowered.

(Why I don't deal with gameplay sliders...too many affects. Give me about 5 times as many sliders and then I will adjust them when the effects are more granular. It isn't worth it now.)
Wow. I bet all 25 was bad. Playing at 37 tackle now, with 85 run block and 35 fumble and the run game looks really good. Have some plays where the elusive running backs hold onto the jersey of the the linemen in front of them and then zip to an opening for daylight. Never seen anything like this in madden. My fave new thing with the RPM. If i see it again, I’ll capture it on video.

Run block doesn’t work until you get to 85. 85 feels like the real default. As does the fumble and tackle I mentioned. The run game sliders don’t negatively effect the game as bad as the passing game oriented sliders. I’m staying close to default with passing game sliders. Just bumped up qb acc to 81 and lowered pass block to 40. The defensive pass sliders are default minus int at 49. Pass cover and pass reaction is a pandora’s box When you twiddle with them.

Teams finished:

Last edited by tommycoa; 09-03-2018 at 02:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »