Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 09-04-2018, 10:28 PM   #513
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

I hate that EA keeps posting patches and throwing off our sliders lol. I'll definitely start up my CFM for Atlanta and post some updates on this thread, Josh.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:52 PM   #514
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
I hate that EA keeps posting patches and throwing off our sliders lol. I'll definitely start up my CFM for Atlanta and post some updates on this thread, Josh.
There was a patch today? Any notes?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

2018 OSFM Hybrid Roster
Old 09-05-2018, 03:04 AM   #515
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
This is premature. However, I am going to be traveling over the next couple of days. Big news for me is that I will be relocating in the next few weeks and am going house hunting tomorrow.

Hi Josh,

wish you a good house hunting :-)

Meanwhile I'll try to give my help. I replayed the same playoffs I played with the previous setup so that I can make some kind of comparison. I know it's not a big sample, but better than nothing.

- the "65/85 autosubs" has some peculiar traits: CPU running game extremely good and cpu AI is better than my AI (this is clear in pass coverage where my pass coverage is extremely static, even worse in zone coverage, while CPU's is quite good). You can consider it a boost on CPU, I suppose due to the fact that we set autosubus only for our team.
This helps the CPU QB: he's quiter, he waits in the pocket, makes good choices. He's completion percentage is pretty high, even if I still get many picks: I wouldn't say it's wideopen-or-pick, but you get that feeling.
I'm assuming my passing defense would fall pretty low on stats if I play a full season with this setting.

- the "slow on MM" setting is different: coverage is very good on both sides and this makes things tougher for the CPU QB. Despite of this, defensive animations are pretty good, without "superman DB", so INTs are good. I'd say the CPU passing game is more realistic, but less effective.

CPU running game is so-and-so, for sure worse than the other setting: despite rock-blocking (I can't manually block shed with a 88 BSH MLB) the CPU hb doesn't hit the holes properly and sometimes slows down with open field ahead. It looks like he's waiting for the defensiveman to approach.

So, to summarize: the "autosubs" setting is for sure more challenging, I'm pretty sure I would be in troubles to play a season, but looking it play-by-play it's irritating to see my pass coverage not covering.
The "slow" setting is more organic, but the CPU is extremely cautious, probably too much, making the final result quite obvious, most of all for my team which is very good in running game: I'm pretty much sure I'd go for a perfect season with this setting.

I'll play the first few games of the new season with the slow setting, lowering the injury on CFM step by step and see.
I am also curious to understand if there is some kind of home field advantage, I couldn't find it in M19 lately and it's a shame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 05:50 PM   #516
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

Hey Josh have you tried Flazko's auto subs yet? I been using them and they seem to work pretty good, but didn't know if you tried them yet.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:13 PM   #517
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
Hey Josh have you tried Flazko's auto subs yet? I been using them and they seem to work pretty good, but didn't know if you tried them yet.

Nope, I havenít.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-06-2018, 12:48 AM   #518
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

Hey Josh, is it recommended to stick with auto-generated draft classes or can I try out FDU's draft classes with these sliders? I understand that you're more of a "default with sliiight tweaks" type of slider guy!

I just played the first week of my CFM against the Eagles (played as the Falcons) and it was an excellent game! Never got too far ahead or behind the Eagles. I mainly controlled the MLB and ended up with about 14 tackles, which is a realistic number I think. I'm exhausted from school and work so I won't go into the details of the stats but I lost by a last second field goal in OT. We had plenty of opportunities to pull through but conservative play calling and a bad call on which side to kick towards (we ended up kicking against the wind) cost us the W!

Last edited by mattlanta; 09-06-2018 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:07 AM   #519
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

Also, with your updated ratings would you still recommend us bumping the injury slider prior to simming the week?
Old 09-06-2018, 03:07 AM   #520
Rookie

Josh,

per pro football the average amount of offensive plays per game per team was 75 in 2017 with a JAX maximum of 83,75 and a CHI minimum of 70,8.
I'm barely at 65.
Do you expect gameplay changes increasing quarter length leaving all other parameters the same?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »