Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 05:46 PM   #569
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

I'm reluctant to post observations from my latest game as it is a single game sample size, but believe there is enough good info to be of value.

As previously stated the game was just not "right" after I deleted the game and went for a clean install. JoshC and Tizziboy offered suggestions and I decided to give them a go, thankfully!

Here is the procedure I followed (in case others have the same issue and might be able to benefit):
1. Deleted profile, closed game from home screen (xbox), turned off the console and waited ~5 minutes.
2. Restarted the game and entered the MM setup precisely as in the baseline.
3. Closed game from home screen, turned off the console and waited ~5 minutes.
4. Restarted the game, went into a Colts franchise (they have a really bad D), advanced to week 3 (vs PHL as they have a very good OL).
5. Went Gameplay Sliders and hit "reset", put INJ at 40 and verified all other settings were correct per baseline.
6. Started game vs PHL, subbed out DE Sheard and DT Woods (best 2 DL for Colts).

Playcalling:
Offense: Horse, no hot routes, occasional audibles, no line adjustments on runs.
Defense: Horse, very few blitzes (especially on 1st down, 2d or 3d & short), no DL or LB shifts, only DB shading adjustments.

Observations:
- LB easily shed OL blocks on run plays.
- Blocking AI weak.
- Backside DE unblocked on run plays, able to easily chase down HB.
- WR/DB interaction very good, occasionally will see a DB slow down 1-2 steps after bumping a WR near the LOS (this creates artificial separation).
- Defenders still accelerating to the ball on pass plays, even "flying" thru the air.
- Wentz had chances to run, but stopped at LOS to look for open receiver. In 1 instance he was sacked and another he shed the sack and completed a pass.
- HB appear to run at a slower speed then defenders.
- HUM QB movement reaction responds slowly (on several occasions I was unable to scramble, I even tried tapping RT).
- WR will stop route so DB can get the INT.

Game stats:
- PHL was able to effectively run the ball. Sproles average just under 4 ypc, Ajay 6.1 ypc.
- Game totals for both teams: 12 TFL, 17 sacks, 13 DEFL, 3 INJ (2 game, 1 long term), 1 penalty (CPU FS on first play).

Impressions: The game played far better then before. The passing game, with the exception of sacks, was very good. There was a mix of deep passing, dump offs, and straight out misses. The run game was also very good, with the exception of backside defenders easily chasing down HBs and LBs reacting and closing too quickly. There is definitely more good then bad and there are things we can do to help. I plan to play using the Colts against the Cowboys and Raiders, both also have excellent OLs.

The game reset I followed above appears to have got rid of the wonkiness I was seeing. Hopefully it will continue to hold up.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:19 PM   #570
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can someone guide me to the post # with the latest sliders please?
Old 09-13-2018, 10:22 PM   #571
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWarrior
Can someone guide me to the post # with the latest sliders please?
Check the OP. Josh always puts them there, I think everybody does it that way.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 11:23 PM   #572
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Josh, I gotta say that I was a skeptic concerning MM sliders and CFM sliders, but dammit you’ve made me a believer.

I’m seeing a lot of variation on the severity of In-game injuries that I’ve never seen before in any other settings - and I have a good sample size at this point. The only thing I can figure is that it’s coincidental or something about the coding of this game is wack. Either way, I’ll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-14-2018, 11:33 PM   #573
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
Josh, I gotta say that I was a skeptic concerning MM sliders and CFM sliders, but dammit you’ve made me a believer.

I’m seeing a lot of variation on the severity of In-game injuries that I’ve never seen before in any other settings - and I have a good sample size at this point. The only thing I can figure is that it’s coincidental or something about the coding of this game is wack. Either way, I’ll take it.

Been finally playing some in cfm and the injuries are pretty random. I play with it way lower than you guys, but some games, it’s break out the MASH unit, other games, there’s might be 1 or 2. Seems like way more happen in week one compared to later weeks.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-15-2018, 11:21 PM   #574
Rookie

cirespieler's Arena

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Been finally playing some in cfm and the injuries are pretty random. I play with it way lower than you guys, but some games, it’s break out the MASH unit, other games, there’s might be 1 or 2. Seems like way more happen in week one compared to later weeks.

I'm not quite sold on MM settings tbh.

I can't get my head around how it would work in a player vs player CFM game.
Say I have my MM injury at 100 and you have yours set to 0. What happens in game?
The real problem with testing anything in the Madden environment is the staggering number of variables AND RNG on top of it all. One thing I know is the closer sliders are to default the better the game seems to "behave".

That's something.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:35 PM   #575
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've been running with the baseline setup and editing traits (I know that may not be preferred, but it really does make a huge difference). For the most part the game has been playing great. The one area that I just can't get worked out is the reactions of DBs to the ball. They continue to react and zip past the receiver just as the ball arrives, not in all cases, but all too often. This has made the game unplayable for me and unless I can find a solution I am likely to shelve the game until this is patched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2018, 06:59 PM   #576
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Is anyone else experiencing alot of blocked punts and kicks?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »