Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 09-17-2018, 08:56 PM   #585
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I don't know what's going on with some of your games guys but I haven't been seeing any of this crazy stuff at all. I actually think it's been playing pretty well. Some small issues but nothing game breaking at all. I've played about 9 games post patch. Weird.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Your XP sliders holding up as well with these gameplay sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2018, 09:20 PM   #586
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Your XP sliders holding up as well with these gameplay sliders?

Yep. Haven't noticed anything unusual at all.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:23 PM   #587
Rookie

ulua's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Here is the procedure I followed when the game just wasn't playing right (I used JoshC's baseline setup):

1. Deleted profile, closed game from home screen (xbox), turned off the console and waited ~5 minutes.

2. Restarted the game and entered the MM setup precisely as in the baseline.

3. Closed game from home screen, turned off the console and waited ~5 minutes.

4. Restarted the game, went into a Colts franchise (they have a really bad D), advanced to week 3 (vs PHL as they have a very good OL) so I could see how the game played.

5. Went to Gameplay Sliders and hit "reset", put INJ at 40 and verified all other settings were correct per baseline.

So if you are getting crazy issues (maybe like excessive blocked kicks) try the above procedure to see if it works things out. Since doing it the game has played much different for me.

Thanks I will try this

Do you do this only on initial set up as far as powering down the system or before every game?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-17-2018, 10:48 PM   #588
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulua
Thanks I will try this

Do you do this only on initial set up as far as powering down the system or before every game?

I used this procedure to reset the game when it was playing strange. Since then all Iíve done is go into sliders and reset. Then change INJ to 40. Thatís it. Other then gameplay issues programmed into the game (overly aggressive DBs & LBs) I havenít had any crazy issues like excessive blocked kicks.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:13 PM   #589
Rookie

ulua's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
I used this procedure to reset the game when it was playing strange. Since then all Iíve done is go into sliders and reset. Then change INJ to 40. Thatís it. Other then gameplay issues programmed into the game (overly aggressive DBs & LBs) I havenít had any crazy issues like excessive blocked kicks.

Thanks Iíll definitely give this a try, thanks for sharing

Old 09-19-2018, 01:25 AM   #590
Pro

OVR: 0

A good post about Madden 19 cpu play calling. Worth a read

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...reddit-android

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-19-2018, 04:51 AM   #591
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan89
A good post about Madden 19 cpu play calling. Worth a read

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...reddit-android

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

I'm not really sure that's true: CPU defense is simply far far far overblitzing and the higher difficulty, the more they blitz. Easy to play games where CPU blitzes some 2/3 of their defensive games. And they do adapt: try playing one single play all over one quarter, you'll see the CPU adapts play by play. I won't be surprised there's even some kind of hidden boost against players repeating the same play.

Playcalling is determined by different factors in CFM and changes much more than this post says. For instance the same team plays totally different in regular season and playoff. I'm not sure the whole post is based on CFM.
Just to show how it works, try to play an all-pass drive with a spread formation and you'll see at the end you can run draws inside the 5 with success. Or run a whole drive and go playaction in the end and you'll see your receivers wide open (even if it's still almost impossible to throw them because cpu blitzing on play action is too effective despite last patch).

What I'm saying here is that it's true "AI" doesn't exist, it's just a wrong terminology overall: every videogame simply uses scripts, it's a long series of if-then's. Real "AI" doesn't actually exist in professional software yet, gaming isn't even close.
Now scripts can be good or bad, in the past Madden had some terrible scripts (like magical turnovers when down the score), today is much much better.
If you look at your training screen before a game you have some scouting on opponent's playcalling and that's pretty accurate. Unfortunately, it's often very bad, with offense playing too often verticals and stick/curls and defense blitzing like hell (I think the problem here is cover one, but this is a conspiracy theory...).
A lot depends also on the coach level, it's a very important parameter most people don't even notice: play a game and replay it after changing the coach to a level one and you'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 12:45 PM   #592
Rookie

cirespieler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy
I'm not really sure that's true: CPU defense is simply far far far overblitzing and the higher difficulty, the more they blitz. Easy to play games where CPU blitzes some 2/3 of their defensive games. And they do adapt: try playing one single play all over one quarter, you'll see the CPU adapts play by play. I won't be surprised there's even some kind of hidden boost against players repeating the same play.

I'm almost positive they get a boost when you run the same play back to back, I see it all the time.

Really wish they would fix play action blocking and more importantly HB screens so we have a counter to the excessive blitzing on AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »