Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 09-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #601
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy
My bad here: during regular season I'm playing All Madden, 10 min, pure default (cfm inj 50), no assist, hitting reset to gameplay sliders before every game.
Playoff I'm playing All Madden, 10 min, baseline.

Why?
Well, it's a fine line.
Baseline has a more organic gameplay, it reduces the most annoying CPU boosts (namely: rocky tackles and blocks), but the amount and length of injuries are really too small for a complete season. I barely have two players on injury report, often none. So I sacrifice a bit of gameplayfor more injuries.

During playoffs CPU boosts are unacceptable at pure default while baseline plays well. And injury length is not that important.

There could be another strategy: playing one game baseline and sim the game after with high cfm inj... But, really, we are talking about fine tuning and details: for me baseline is great gameplay, both AM and AP.
And now that I can compare it to real NFL there's really little things to adjust, I have to congratulate EA.

Good stuff. Iíve just not had time to play much, but I also thought that injuries are way too lite on 40 but didnít have sample size.

Iíve been toying with 50 injury in both the MM and CFM again. Promising but I need sample size. I havenít tried 10 MM and 50 CFM...will do so...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 11:21 AM   #602
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Good stuff. Iíve just not had time to play much, but I also thought that injuries are way too lite on 40 but didnít have sample size.

Iíve been toying with 50 injury in both the MM and CFM again. Promising but I need sample size. I havenít tried 10 MM and 50 CFM...will do so...

I did try to increase the MM, but I didn't like the output, animations are too much on the "black or white", like tackle yes or no (no slowing down), INT or reception, block or total miss, etc etc

I noticed in the main menu roster it doesn't show the thoughness parameter. I'm assuming that rating is used only in CFM and there's some kind of cross checking in CFM...

A lot also depends on roster: OL are extremely bad in original roster. If you use Tdawg XP sliders and standard draft after a couple of season all teams are much better. This completely changes the output.

But, as I said, these are details: for me the gameplay at baseline is fantastic both in AP and AM, let's have fun!
Old 09-21-2018, 01:02 PM   #603
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

I've been pretty quiet so far. With xp sliders, learning to mod the PC version, etc I just haven't had much time to play. With that I did just finish the first season in me and my cousins annual online CFM. I've used exactly what Josh has had on the OP throughout. So it was a season with a handful of tweaks inbetween. Also don't forget I play in PTM mode.

I chose the 49ers. I changed them to a West Coast/Power Run team on offense. Boy did they not fit that at all lol. Defense I changed to a 3-4 Base which they fit pretty good other then OLBs. I figured it'd be a rough go.

The fist half of the season was rough with me going 4-4 with mostly blow out losses and a few close wins. I lost my next game to go 4-5 and then some how rattled off 7 straight wins. I have no idea how I did it. Every game was a nail biter that I won by 5 points or less with two going to OT. My defense basically won me most of these games.

Honestly the 49ers have a really solid and pretty young D. With Bruckner, Thomas, and Armstead on DL, Foster at MLB, Sherman, Williams, Witherspoon at CB, and Tartt and Colbert at S. Not to bad really.

So I face a Gurley-less Rams team in the Wildcard. My D does it again and I hold on to a 13-9 win. By now I'm worried that maybe something is up and it's too easy. Well that got shot down real quick in the Divisional Round. The Eagles beat me 37-7 hahaha. So yeah.

All in all it was a really fun first season. Looking forward to next season and also any tweaks you make to these.

As far as observations go things felt pretty good. I could pass well if I was smart. I didn't see any bad INTs or cheap plays really. Running was really hard but I had crappy HBs all year because McKinnon was hurt most of the time and I didn't have a guy who really fit my scheme. I do love the WR/DB battles. Very realistic to me. OL can be braindead sometimes. Just standing there. Or releasing too quick. Could be a ratings thing though. HB screens are broken as far as I can tell. But sliders won't help that.

I really think ratings matter on a whole other level this year which is great. You can really tell when a scrub backup plays compared to a top line starter. That is awesome. That's all I have for now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #604
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Tizz,

Have you noticed if the OL glitch (where backups make the Pro Bowl) is actually fixed? I know it was supposed to be with this latest patch.

In my latest draft I did notice the CPU drafting smarter. No back to back same positions. So I think they got that one which is great. Still doesn't mean they won't go back to back years with 1st Rd QBs, etc but still better.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:22 PM   #605
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Tizz,

Have you noticed if the OL glitch (where backups make the Pro Bowl) is actually fixed? I know it was supposed to be with this latest patch.

In my latest draft I did notice the CPU drafting smarter. No back to back same positions. So I think they got that one which is great. Still doesn't mean they won't go back to back years with 1st Rd QBs, etc but still better.

I was lucky I was very close to the playoff when the patch arrived and I played (well, simmed a lot actually...) another full season so with a two-pro bowl sample I can say the OL glitch is gone.
I tell you: it's such a simple glitch to solve that once acknowledged I'm confident it's done.

I just noticed the new draft engine creates a lot of WRs with the drop open passes trait, even in the top tier. Now, together with the new ratings and the archetypes, traits make OVR an almost useless number. And so your job more complicated
For instance I have a 95 finesse moves ROLB with no moves traits and he's not effective at all. On the other side generally speaking complete players are much better, so a 78/78/78 HB is way better than a 88/68/68.

Because of this, I found the team management even harder and the CPU is still far from perfection, but you are right, everything is better then usual. And it's getting crazy hard to escalate the draft board, no chance of cheap trading, much less than real NFL. I don't think the Bears could have Mack so easily in Madden 19... I'm also having a lot of fun creating 4-5 rookies per draft with unusual characteristics. It's fun when you play against them afterwards.

There's a lot to investigate and we could discuss endlessly about progression, I still have to find a perfect management for myself, but once done I want to take control of at least one CPU team every season.

For long term I can give a suggestion: play all pro till you win a superbowl and then move to all madden.
This game has unbelievable longevity potential.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 03:44 PM   #606
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Running was really hard but I had crappy HBs all year because McKinnon was hurt most of the time and I didn't have a guy who really fit my scheme.

A few tips on running as my Jordan Howard is having an Emmitt Smith type of carreer:
- select plays by type and within the same type, test the various formations: some plays are better than other by design, even if they look similar.
- learn how to move blockers. It's paramount for successful running. You have to imagine how you want the play to develop and move blockers accordingly. For instance if you are in a slot formation and you want to run on the opposite side of the WRs, move a WR in your running direction: if the CPU is in zone cvg you gain one blocker.
- trap from deuce and toss from I-form slot are overpowered atm. Draws are also effective.
- learn your blockers carefully. The new ratings complicate everything:

• Run Block Power: Determines success chance for Drive, Down, and Power Double Team blocks on plays like Toss and Power O.
  • Run Block Finesse: Determines success chance for Zone, Reach, and Zone-Double Team blocks on plays like Outside Zone and Stretch.
  • Lead Block: Determines success chance for blockers leading from the backfield or pulling from the line
So, even if you don't want to invest heavily in OL as I do, you still can be effective if you have the right blocker in the right place, even with a poor OL. OL is more important than HBs for a consistent running game.

- two specific moves are extremely good: spin with both triggers and one cut.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:06 PM   #607
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Iím super jealous of you guys that have gotten seasons in so far.

On personal note, Iím out of CA now and am in a temp residence in WV for a couple of weeks. Start my new job on Monday and then gear up for my move to my new house in mid October.

Iím actually thinking I will have time to play some madden here the next two weeks or so. Going to try to start a real CFM. I do think I will try the 10 min quarters and 50 cfm injury setup on AP that tizziboy suggests. Will see how that goes.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:17 PM   #608
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Iím super jealous of you guys that have gotten seasons in so far.

On personal note, Iím out of CA now and am in a temp residence in WV for a couple of weeks. Start my new job on Monday and then gear up for my move to my new house in mid October.

Iím actually thinking I will have time to play some madden here the next two weeks or so. Going to try to start a real CFM. I do think I will try the 10 min quarters and 50 cfm injury setup on AP that tizziboy suggests. Will see how that goes.

Josh, sent you a PM. WV here!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

2018 OSFM Hybrid Roster

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »